It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the forgotten smoking guns

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: humanoidlord
a reply to: james1947

i tryed to discuss with you the "proof" that you gave but you can't see the obvious, so i stopped

Okay, I may have dismissed something you said without adequate explanation. If that is the case, I'm sorry. If you would, please, restate this obvious thing I'm missing, we can discuss it, and we can both gain a better understanding.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

Thanks for the update... I have to agree that ETH ( I should have known this one) is not very good. I will go so far as to say it really is a useless hypothesis in my opinion. You cannot make a science out of something that you say physically exist but your cannot physically touch it or study it.

IDH.... now this is interesting. I will read up on Vallee and Keel. I am also going to read up on the Alcubierre Drive and the ask a math guy on the AN Light.

On the IDH, The problem I have with this is that for me this is not a well defined thing. Inter-dimensional, does this mean we live in a multi-dimensional universe, or does it mean we live in a multi-verse and the dimensional is referring to another universe?

Can I make a quick observation here, it seems like you and James are heading to the same place just taking different routes to get there.... don't get me wrong the debate you two are having is great and is one of the reason I came to this website, I get to learn more about this unique topic.

And if I may, I have had an interest in this field for as long as I can remember. This interest has grown significantly over the last few year primarily because I find the topic of dark matter/energy very interesting. In the simplest terms all of the physics we know and are working on is really only good for 5% of our universe. Knowing this and that we live in a universe that is 13 billion years old, we are only about 3 billion, to me thinking that we have always been alone just does not make sense to me.

Based on some of my recent reading, String Theory is the current leading in trying to explain the 5% of the universe we know about. It has 10 dimensions where 6 of these dimensions are wrapped up in a space below the Planck Scale. Many of the greatest physics minds of our time believe in this theory. In order to prove the existence of the other dimensions we need to have a Quadrillion (a 1 followed by 15 zeros) more energy than we can get at CERN. In order to get a quadrillion stars we would need to have 10,000 milky way galaxies. So with a quadrillion stars there cannot be one that has life smarter and more advanced than ours, but we can have 6 dimensions of space below the Planck scale, 7 dimensions if time transfer to these dimensions... it had better..... For me, there is more evidence for ET than extra dimensions.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

oh boy, long story but to keep it short
1: too many types of reported UFOs and UFOnauts (mostly of them humanoid for some reason)

2: high strangeness cases

3: cases where bigfoot or poltergeist activity was reported along with the main sighting

4: hot spots and repeater witnesses

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

i showed to you, how the hill map and the hipparcos one are tottally different

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: AlFeynman

by interdimensional, i mean a multi-verse

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

i showed to you, how the hill map and the hipparcos one are tottally different

I'll give you that you showed me how you think they are different. However, subsequent to that, I showed you, via modern technology, that they are a 99.1% match...meaning they are NOT totally different, and in fact are the same!

You are free to check out the technology used; it was a computer vision library called AForge, it is available at GetHub, and other places like it...if you need links just say so...

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

none of the dots is in the same place...

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

none of the dots is in the same place...

They don't have to be!!!

The computer matching algorithm used Betty's map as a template, and the real world as an "image" it was matching to...the computer found a match. An extremely high quality match: 99.1%.

If you have further issues with this perhaps you should ask a computer science professor, or another software engineer about it. This simply isn't the place to try to educate anyone on the proclivities of computer vision.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

oh boy, long story but to keep it short
1: too many types of reported UFOs and UFOnauts (mostly of them humanoid for some reason)

Once upon a time, there lived six blind men in a village.

One day the villagers told them, "Hey, there is an elephant in the village today."

They had no idea what an elephant is. They decided, "Even though we would not be able to see it, let us go and feel it anyway." All of them went where the elephant was. Everyone of them touched the elephant.

"Hey, the elephant is a pillar," said the first man who touched his leg.

"Oh, no! it is like a rope," said the second man who touched the tail.

"Oh, no! it is like a thick branch of a tree," said the third man who touched the trunk of the elephant.

"It is like a big hand fan" said the fourth man who touched the ear of the elephant.

"It is like a huge wall," said the fifth man who touched the belly of the elephant.

"It is like a solid pipe," Said the sixth man who touched the tusk of the elephant.

They began to argue about the elephant and everyone of them insisted that he was right. It looked like they were getting agitated. A wise man was passing by and he saw this. He stopped and asked them, "What is the matter?" They said, "We cannot agree to what the elephant is like." Each one of them told what he thought the elephant was like. The wise man calmly explained to them, "All of you are right. The reason every one of you is telling it differently because each one of you touched the different part of the elephant. So, actually the elephant has all those features what you all said."

"Oh!" everyone said. There was no more fight. They felt happy that they were all right.
-- jainworld.com...

My point is; there are, in reality, only a few types of craft that visit Earth, you know; disks, triangles, cigars, boxes, tic tac's. And as for the inhabitants; of course they are Humanoid, do you know of another shape that can do everything required to venture into space? The binary vision of the predator, the ability to manipulate fine/small objects, the over sized brain, etc... Think about it, or simply accept the teachings of Hermes..."As above, so below. As below, so above." The humanoid form is best suited for space faring.

2: high strangeness cases

Both as an Occultist, and a scientist/engineer I have seen many cases where the "strangeness" factor is quite high...Nothing told me that there was anything from another "dimension"/reality.

3: cases where bigfoot or poltergeist activity was reported along with the main sighting

Big Foot, if he exists at all would be "Cryptozoology", poltergeists are another form of Ghost. Big Foot, and Ghosts are not even remotely related, unless of course you see a Big Foot ghost....

Something you absolutely must understand, and remember; these are experiences that people have had, their entire explanation, "story", however you want to put it is subjective, and thus must be taken with a Siberian Salt Mine.

4: hot spots and repeater witnesses

Huh??!!!??? Between the years of 1951 and 1994 I was repeatedly abducted...I should think that would make me a "hot spot" and a "repeater witness"...so what does that make me?

edit on 30-11-2018 by james1947 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   

computer A.Is also can have pareidolia just like humans
so that doesn't mean anything

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   

wow, you should read more UFO lore, what you are telling me, means that you just breached the surface of the iceberg
also there will not be any threads today, because i am sick

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

computer A.Is also can have pareidolia just like humans
so that doesn't mean anything

Your response here was quite predictable. No, pareidolia is NOT an issue with computer AI. And, actually, its not a problem with Humans either, just some debunkers have tried to make it an issue. IF you were to actually research it, you would find that to be the case.

So, anyway, computer AI is actually incapable of pareidolia. IF you doubt this, ask someone who might know, like a Computer Scientist (as contrasted with your local high school kid who "thinks" he can "program", or some "Joe" who works as a "programmer".)

In any case; ...IF you want to say that the AI is in error (has/suffers from pareidolia) you will need to prove that, otherwise it quite simply isn't true!

And, here, perhaps, is where we come face-to-face with the rigors of science...I have all the data, the computer method and technique, and have done the work to show that this instance is actually real. You have done nothing to disprove it.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

wow, you should read more UFO lore, what you are telling me, means that you just breached the surface of the iceberg
also there will not be any threads today, because i am sick

Get well soon...

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

have you never heard of deep dreaming?
its when a A.I tries to find patterns in images and the result is quite weird, so yes A.I does have pareidolia

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   

have you never heard of deep dreaming?
its when a A.I tries to find patterns in images and the result is quite weird, so yes A.I does have pareidolia

ROFLMAO! Ouch, that one almost hurt. I'm sorry.

Are you a Computer Scientist, or at least an experienced Software Engineer? Actually, you don't sound like one, so, I'll presume you are neither. So, I won't ask you to tell us how something like that might happen.

And, of course, next I ask (strongly) that you provide some sort of data to support your assertion about AI...A link will do.

Again; AI is nothing more than software provided by an engineer, that software can not do anything that it was not told, explicitly, to do. So...no pareidolia...

And, IF what you suggest were even an issue with Computer Vision, then image recognition, optical character recognition, facial recognition, and much more simply wouldn't work...they all do, and quite well.

Or, perhaps you are confused by this:

DeepDream is a computer vision program created by Google engineer Alexander Mordvintsev which uses a convolutional neural network to find and enhance patterns in images via algorithmic pareidolia, thus creating a dream-like hallucinogenic appearance in the deliberately over-processed images.
-- en.wikipedia.org...

This system deliberately implements "algorithmic" pareidolia...but you see, it was the intent of the engineer to make a species of pareidolia work in this application. The software I implemented was not designed such, and does not / can not suffer from pareidolia.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

if you take the lines connecting the dots, you will see there is no similarity between the 2 images

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

if you take the lines connecting the dots, you will see there is no similarity between the 2 images

I'm sorry man, but, I can't help but laugh a little...my bad.

No, actually, those lines on Betty's map, don't belong IF we are using it as a representation of interstellar space. SO...I kind of HAD to remove them before trying to find a match with software...as a biological thing I have the ability to temporarily ignore the lines, a computer not so much. SO, I did in fact remove them to get that 99.1% match.

How long are you going to argue against science, logic, technology, and the reality I've proven?

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Beyond your histrionics and cursory sleight-of-hand w.r.t established, falsiblbe (dichotomies do exist) physics, you’re at the very least, ‘committed’.

More importantly, you’re just plain wrong and ignorant of science. Sorry, dem the breaks — none of which exceed the speed of light.

IEEE would serve you well; parroting Internet science memes leaves you exposed as a prosletyzer of bunk science. Job well-done.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 01:51 AM
link   

well met 2 ufological cases you must have never heard of until now: the abduction of carl higdon and the many abductions of security guard pier zanfretta

ATS threads - Higdon case:

Take the Pill! No! Don't Take the Pill!

Zanfretta case:

Alien Abduction in Italy: the sad story of Pier Fortunato Zanfretta

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   
The Betty Hill star map "proof" has to be one of the silliest and most enduring UFO legends of all time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join