It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the forgotten smoking guns

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: coursecatalog
The Betty Hill star map "proof" has to be one of the silliest and most enduring UFO legends of all time.

Yes...however, I can prove my position, can you prove it false?

It may be a legend but it is far from silly!! Science has shown that Betty's "map" is indeed a match to real stars...99.1% ALL of the "analysis" of her map that came before was bad science, and some of it from respected scientists...go figure!

The long and the short; Betty's map is real, and could only come from one source.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: BeefNoMeat
a reply to: james1947

Beyond your histrionics and cursory sleight-of-hand w.r.t established, falsiblbe (dichotomies do exist) physics, you’re at the very least, ‘committed’.

More importantly, you’re just plain wrong and ignorant of science. Sorry, dem the breaks — none of which exceed the speed of light.

IEEE would serve you well; parroting Internet science memes leaves you exposed as a prosletyzer of bunk science. Job well-done.

Just what-in-the-F*** are you talking about?!?

I'm ignorant of science? SHOW ME!!!
"Bunk science?" WHERE???

If you are going to make such statements sir; you will need to prove it!!! AND, I'm betting you can't!!!!
Just some poor sole that can't handle truth.

edit on 4-1-2019 by james1947 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

i know there were other threads about them, but its still amazing how underrated they are

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: coursecatalog

agreed, but lets not talk about it, because there is a certain menber here who doesn't like when we talk bad about that case

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Dude, bro, if you’re gonna come at me, at least get your homophones correct: it’s a lost ‘soul’. Otherwise, it’s a sole I wipe excrement off of, much like your unhinged blabbering (forgive me, Oxford, for using blabbering in context — your poor soul makes it easy) sounds and smells of sh$t.

Mic drop.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: humanoidlord
a reply to: coursecatalog

agreed, but lets not talk about it, because there is a certain menber here who doesn't like when we talk bad about that case

You know full well that I'm not a bit like that! All you need to do is come at it with a real, substantial, argument, or question and its all good. But, IF you try to circumvent science, it won't work at all, and I will object strenuously.

You, on the other hand, seem to have an issue discussing anything where science is involved...just an impression.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: BeefNoMeat

Dude, bro, if you’re gonna come at me, at least get your homophones correct: it’s a lost ‘soul’. Otherwise, it’s a sole I wipe excrement off of, much like your unhinged blabbering (forgive me, Oxford, for using blabbering in context — your poor soul makes it easy) sounds and smells of sh$t.

Mic drop.

I'm sorry; what "unhinged blabbering" were you referring to?

As was said before; If you are going to make such statements, you are going to need to prove them.
I've proven Betty's map is a match to local stars, and no Ad hominem attack is going to change that fact...so...if you wish to debate the merits of my analysis, please sharpen your logic, bust out your databases, abd above all please use real science and mathematics.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: james1947

originally posted by: coursecatalog
The Betty Hill star map "proof" has to be one of the silliest and most enduring UFO legends of all time.

Yes...however, I can prove my position, can you prove it false?

It may be a legend but it is far from silly!! Science has shown that Betty's "map" is indeed a match to real stars...99.1% ....

where, please?

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Do you consider the Dogon legends of Sirius to be proof of ETI contact?
edit on 5-1-2019 by JimOberg because:

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: jaames947

I wrote this essay on 'proof' about twenty years ago, if it needs revision, I'd be grateful to you to show me the evidence.

www.jamesoberg.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I’m assuming you’re the same individual replying under a new handle/screen name; whatever, the professor has stepped in and I’ll yield to a real deal rocket scientist. There’s zero I can add or refute that Oberg has yet to succinctly address.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

I wrote this essay on 'proof' about twenty years ago, if it needs revision, I'd be grateful to you to show me the evidence.

www.jamesoberg.com...

In truth, if abductees came back with superior knowledge our scientists could later verify, that would go a long way toward proving the existence of an advanced race of extraterrestrials and their interstellar ships.
-- your essay...

I started with the interpretation from Ms. Fish, for no particular reason, I then applied (manually) simple blob analytics to an image generated by a bit of Python, and C# to take Hipparcos data and translate that into 3D coordinates and proper coloring for all stars within 33 parsec. Using Betty's map as a template, and viewing toward Earth from HIP-26737, that "configuration" of stars ( some as named by Ms. Fish) has been found. Later I used a Computer Vision library called AForge and I found that match to be 99.1%...(you can find AForge on GetHub)

These links will take you to my work so far...it's slow, and interrupted with other, higher priority, projects...

website This landing page is interactive, if you mouse over a star you can see it name, click on it and get more info, and some astrometrics.

You can find a PDF here.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg
Do you consider the Dogon legends of Sirius to be proof of ETI contact?

The problem with these legends of beings from Sirius is that life of any sort probably doesn't exist there yet...Sirius is far too young to have life, and probably doesn't have fully developed planets. The last I saw, and my memory may be off a bit, Sirius was on the order of 500 million years old. (Earth didn't have life at that age)

Yet, a ways further away, just past Sirius, is a star called Nu(2) Canis Majoris that actually has a large (super earth size I think) Water planer, in the habitable zone. So I wouldn't write off that legend just yet, though, it may need a bit of editing.

But, no, proof it is not.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join