It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect that is bugging me out today

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: norhoc

That 7 billion people also statistically sucks at adverbs.

If I had to remember from my childhood I would remember "the" but I could easily imagine it being "this" as well.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: galaga

No dude. The song says "this" everytime.

Really?

you have heard every rendition of the song by everyone that has ever sang it?

This is why Mandela effect pushers are like brain dead drug addicts.

The brain just stops and can only come up with one solution, the substance to make them feel better or in these cases, the Mandela effect to explain very mundane things that are made out to be extraordinary

Even the original artist that sings it could have sang it on occasion where their mind just uses "the" instead of "this" when singing.

Its like people are meant to be robotic and never, ever, never move away from their programing and make mistakes or simply exchange words in song lyrics that are both correct but just that one isn't how it was originally written.

Its a simple explanation that a 5 year old should be able to work out.

Yet we have adults thinking they have memories of another reality.

to those for awakening so to speak........ but awaken into a dream that seems they will never realize they are in while convinced they have awoken.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
For Mr. Rogers, I remember as a kid, The Neighborhood, but later (but still many years ago.. 5..7?), I remember hearing the "this neighborhood" wording, and remembering thinking it sounded weird, and that I had gotten it wrong all along. I shrugged it off as just mishearing the lyrics. I think our brains would expect "the" vs. "this," and perhaps that is true.. and people always just assumed it was the word the instead.

But then I remember stuff like Caldwell Bankers (vs. Coldwell), and think.. yea, something weird is going on. : )

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

Also a problem with ME is if true, there are plenty of cases of something people didn't really pay attention to, getting treated like an ME.

a good example of misinterpretation or only hearing half of whats said and responding which shows a lack of attention is right here in this thread.

Its not the first time I have come across this with Mandela effect believers that cannot accept its something we know but has to be something unknown and mysterious.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   
The Portrait of Dorian Grey is what keeps me up at night. That one's shocked a few people I know.

Having the impossible memory of Challenger blowing up while I was still in primary school is the other.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: norhoc

No, you are wrong.

It was "the" and in fact, I can provide a song that a modern jamband called moe. performed, at SummerCamp Music Festival 2007 where they sample Mr. Rogers while intro'ing their song Bullet. It's clearly "the" and also on top of that, I remember as well watching Mr. Rodgers as a child with my mom and it was always, "It's a beautiful day in THE neighborhood."

You probably also think that it's "Sex and the City," and not "Sex IN the City"

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAiIsLying

The Challenger blowing up is still a thing though.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I'll just leave this right here for consideration.

X-files did an amazing episode on this subject.

edit on 16-10-2018 by Sly1one because: ...

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Here is the actual piano lyric sheet from 1967
It is as we all remembered
THE neighborhood.

www.sheetmusicdirect.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Why are you even allowed to post? There is no sense in what you wrote. What fools are starring this nonsense. Shame on you.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
For Mr. Rogers, I remember as a kid, The Neighborhood, but later (but still many years ago.. 5..7?), I remember hearing the "this neighborhood" wording, and remembering thinking it sounded weird, and that I had gotten it wrong all along. I shrugged it off as just mishearing the lyrics. I think our brains would expect "the" vs. "this," and perhaps that is true.. and people always just assumed it was the word the instead.

But then I remember stuff like Caldwell Bankers (vs. Coldwell), and think.. yea, something weird is going on. : )

If you have raised kids and grandkids you have seen and heard this program many many times. Mr. Rogers says the words...slowly...and clearly...
The changes that matter the previous true is and has not ever been true.

I got a loan from Caldwell Banker when younger and went to the bank every week and monthly to pay my loan.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

The brain just stops and can only come up with one solution,

From what I see most People effected never stop looking at the solution. People who were dead and then alive again is not simple at all.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: nicevillegrl
I think that is a very astute assessment. I’ve noticed that it does tend to be an “all or nothing” thing.

Now I’m going to put my imaginative tin foil hat on... I want to throw out that disclaimer that what I’m about to offer is a purely and highly speculative idea so I don’t send the non-effected into a tailspin...

But sometimes I like to just let my mind drift to every possible (even if not remotely probable) scenario and this is one...

Perhaps the brain is “AI” to an extent in that it’s capable of something we don’t understand such as shifting its conscious awareness to another timeline (relying or falling back on the multiverse theory) so that if something happens your consciousness could literally “quantum leap.” So what if something so BAF happened - some kind of mass casualty - that it caused those who feel “effected” to jump from where they were to “here” — where everything is just slightly different. Kind of like in the show Sliders. In fact, in that show, some of the universes they end up in are so similar to their own that they think they are “back” until they’ll encounter someone alive who was dead in their original timeline or vice versa. Or they’ll hear a song with different lyrics. It (the show Sliders) really is very similar to the whole ME thing, come to think about it.

a reply to: fleabit

I have spent a lot of time researching a lot of interesting experiences out there.

One guy claims he was in a city, can't remember which and waiting with a large group of people for the light to walk. He said suddenly everything around him became quiet, there was a strange shimmer to the air and he looked at the traffic light, the crossing sign of green/red hand had changed to a little man who had a flag on his hand and he was holding up a red one and had a green in the lowered hand. He described the little guy's clothes which were odd.
The whole thing and the silence lasted just seconds and then everything reverted to normal. There are many such stories out there.

I was noticing as the sunglasses there are repeats, added or subtracted E, A, T, S in many cases.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

THE neighborhood.

If you can still find it, then this is not a true ME phenomenon. If it were, you could research back as far as possible, and you would not find it. All you might find are some people writing or speaking about the way it 'should' be.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I dont know the song, but i do believe in the Mandela effecrt since i've been feeling it for quite some years now;
I also believe that most posts related to the Mandela effect in various channels are more a result of ignorance about worlds history and current events, these take great part of credibility to the "Mandela Effect";
Well the Mandela Effect is a result of something that is happening, there are a lot of theories and the one that pops the most in my mind is the possible time traveling that is changing things in the past and affecting us is present day, althoug there are a lot of other possible theories;
The thing is i'am now 36 years old, i started feeling the Mandela effect in 2012, it didn't had a name for it yet, and i was not sure how to deal with this, i've felt the moment of the changes at least 3 times in the last years;
The first thing and the one that most impacted me, was inside my family, and simple stuff, like i'm a great cook, i've learned from my mom in one reality, in this reality my mom doesn't know how to cook and neither did her mother, my grandmother who teached me how to bake cakes, in this relaity she never baked a cake properly and there are even family jokes about it.. This is just one example, in 2012 December i was in Venzuela in vacations i've met a person and kept in touch with that guy until last year, when the timeline changed again and he actually died in 2015 victim of murder.
As i told you i kept a relationship with this person for years, and in that moment, is was like May 2017 i saw a celebration of his death n youtube, i had talked to him a week before, but he was dead since 2015...
In 2015, i was living in Braga- Portugal, i was working in mu current job, and i was living alone with my cat in a 2 bedroom apartment, i dont remember the exact date, but this is what happened, i went to the bathroom from my bedroom, when i was coming back to my bedroom where i was watching a movie, i felt it for a split second, something had changed.
In my bedroom on my bed, there was a guy smiling at me and asking me if he could start the movie again, my first feeling was who the Duck are you? what are you doing in my house? in my bedroom? He was my boyfriend, in that reality i've been dating this guy for months and he was staying in for the weekend. That was overwhelming, you can all guess how that ended. I suffered a lot from all of this, from not knowing my family, and feel like in some way nothing is really real. I've suffered a lot with this and even got an nervous breakdown last year when i founfd out my Venzuelan friend had died, i couldn't cope with it. I needed a leave from the office and i was away for almost a month, at this point i already had a name for what was happening and its the Mandela Effect.
Right now i've never felt this lonely, i'm surrounded by people i'm not sure who they are, and my memories with them are not the same has theirs, i also have to say that my messaging history with my Venzuelan friend disapeared from all my devices until 2015.
I'm sorry to discharge this here, but i'm with you on this, we are being played around, not sure how or by whom, but it is happening!!

edit on 8401031x0000004002pm1031 by Bitxushanty because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
How about this lyric change, or is it?

The Eagles - Hotel California

On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair
______ smell of colitas, rising up through the air

Hmmmm??

I've tried this on 5 friends and 4 of the 5 all said the same darn word (which isn't there) the other guy got what the lyric is in this reality.

Maybe he's the sane one, and the other 4 came up with the same lyric by coincidence

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc

God dammit, another ME thread. Are people so egotistical and narcissistic to believe their memories are flawed instead of having to believe in multiverses or dimensions comingling? Get over yourselves people. You remember it wrong it was always in THIS neighborhood.

Let me help you. People are so "egotistical and narcissistic" that they WONDER if there MIGHT be a POSSIBILITY that their memory is correct.

Its more like a sneaking nagging feeling.

See, we are the ones asking questions. You however already know the answer.

So where is the narcissistic one here? The ones who are saying "gosh, I dont know what to make of this, its been bugging me for a while...what do you guys think?"

Or the who barges in "You freaking idiots... I KNOW EVERYTHING and you are just wrong! End of discussion!" *prances away feeling oh so superior and self assured*

Narcissus the namesake was so self absorbed that he refused to stop staring at his own reflection...until he died. Nowadays simply having a different opinion is considered narcissism by the weak minded who are offended by different points of view. Thats what i think.
edit on 10/16/2018 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/16/2018 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: I know it all...
How about this lyric change, or is it?

The Eagles - Hotel California

On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair
______ smell of colitas, rising up through the air

Hmmmm??

I've tried this on 5 friends and 4 of the 5 all said the same darn word (which isn't there) the other guy got what the lyric is in this reality.

Maybe he's the sane one, and the other 4 came up with the same lyric by coincidence

If you said "sweet" by the way you're wrong.... It's now "warm"

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Bitxushanty

Ok well there is an extreme case but maybe it is the same for all but not seeing it.

There was a story a while back some Woman woke in her apartment in bed and when she went to get up she noticed the pattern on her sheets was wrong, she had never seen it before, and the PJs she had on was not hers. So she goes to work and it seems her office is not hers but another has her name on the door and the guy she divorced is now still her husband.

For me there have been changes others see and changes I see. My Wife stopped biting her nails, we have been married 25 years and she has always bit her nails, she noticed when I told her. A year she did not bite her nails and suddenly she did again and she can't say why she simply says she could not bite them that year the idea made her feel sick!

Well I have started reading ferociously, won't even watch TV because I prefer to read. All the years we have been married she says you have never read a book whats up! I don't know I just read now and I read well, I used to hate reading anything because I was a slow reader.

There are a number of things questions arise over all of the time most of them are not as extreme so we just let it go.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

originally posted by: JAGStorm

THE neighborhood.

If you can still find it, then this is not a true ME phenomenon. If it were, you could research back as far as possible, and you would not find it. All you might find are some people writing or speaking about the way it 'should' be.

Many of the changes residual past can be found nearly all of them so I don't know why you think this. I came across a blog, the guy had gone to libraries and copied old news adds and had hundreds even from the store itself saying JCPenny.
The missing braces can be seen in commercial spoofs of the movie. Often we can find both of things.

LOoking up JCPenny residue to try and find the site I mentioned I found a site with all of the old JCPenny logos, as I started to make a copy it changed to JCPenney, all the whole page of them! I have seen People mention them changing before their eyes, but maybe it was set up to do that if someone tried to make a copy I just don't know what to think!

edit on 16-10-2018 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join