It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect that is bugging me out today

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: moeron60

Yes, I'm aware of that. I'm in Australia and back then one of the teachers taped it early in the morning so we could watch a launch. She mustn't of listened to the radio that morning and the early run of newspapers didn't have it.

We watched it in the teachers lunch room on a JVC video recorder. The early one's that popped up on top. Poor teachers didn't know how to address it.

This memory makes sense if it happened in 1984, which did have a launch curiously enough. In Jan, 1986 I was starting high school. Totally different location.

Don't have an answer, just having my say.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

I know, right? I have veeeery specific memories of Chamberlain dying, with tabloid pics of his sarcomas in the check out lane of the grocery store, etc., with my mother commenting on what a hotty he was and "oh, how sad... of course he was gay" (non pc 90's fer sure). It not a "Hmm i kinda thought..." sorta thing, it's as solid as my b-day or car make.

As far as the comments about loved ones changing... why not? I guess one can get used to most anything, but wow. Now that I think of it, some folks in my RL have changed ... for all i know, all my peeps are still in the dilemna-verse where Chamberlain is dead.

Going through the strange lit, reports like these have been going on for many, many years... but it sure seems more common, lately. Maybe it's just the internet and permission to talk about it.

I've at the least suspected we are in a less-than- physical universe for many years, and then there's quantum physics , heh, but having it personally proven is still startling ... to me, anyway.

Row row row the uboat.

edit on 10/16/2018 by Baddogma because: typo fixo - n to t

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
The monopoly guy with no monocle is pretty messed up to me. And the Luke, I am Your Father.
But yeah.
I can see either side of the Mandela Effect or lack there of. But there are some that really make ya think.

The sad thing, is there is no way to truly know for sure.

The Peace sign has for sure changed though. The vertical line never went from top all the way to the bottom. It forked more like an upside down Y

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   
This is my take on ME.
TPTB are gradually getting your minds ready for the parallel universe drop.
And your memories are faulty for example its called sex n the city cause n is a quick way to say and hence why people think it's in and not and.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: galaga

There is no Mandela effects, just imperfect memories.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ziplock9000

Where have I heard this statement before? I know I have heard it somewhere. Oh yeah, someone already said it in this thread.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Christ, when will ATS implement a down vote feature?

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   

or imperfect memory of the simulation.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Strangely, my only first-hand experience of the Mandela effect comes from the game Skyrim and involves one of the various companions you can have.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
That's it, time to shut down the LHC... # this...

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: BenignChaos

Mines came yesterday when I found out Gorbachevs still alive.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Outlier13
Christ, when will ATS implement a down vote feature?

Just for you

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: SoulStoner225
The monopoly guy with no monocle is pretty messed up to me. And the Luke, I am Your Father.
But yeah.
I can see either side of the Mandela Effect or lack there of. But there are some that really make ya think.

The sad thing, is there is no way to truly know for sure.

The Peace sign has for sure changed though. The vertical line never went from top all the way to the bottom. It forked more like an upside down Y

Yeah and The Portrait of Dorian Grey, I liked the sound of it and now it is Picture sure changes the whole essence of the name.

Does "picture" fit the Gothic era?

The Picture of Dorian Gray is a Gothic and philosophical novel by Oscar Wilde, first published complete in the July 1890 issue of Lippincott's Monthly Magazine.

edit on 22-10-2018 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

There is no Mandala effects, just imperfect spelling.

Remember when Mandala used to be spelled Mandela? It's crazy how the Mandala effect works ! It MUST BE REAL !!!

LOL!

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I know someone has most likely put forth this theory before, but what the heck. What if the people who remember things differently do so because their minds have been messed with. Not bad memory, but somewhere down the line, somebody,(government) has somehow changed their memories? Yes, it would involve probably millions of people, but we don't really know how far advanced our governments really are.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: peewee1263
I know someone has most likely put forth this theory before, but what the heck. What if the people who remember things differently do so because their minds have been messed with. Not bad memory, but somewhere down the line, somebody,(government) has somehow changed their memories? Yes, it would involve probably millions of people, but we don't really know how far advanced our governments really are.

The whole thing reminds me of the Japanese series serial experiments lain. In it the ability to manipulate memories, and even reality appeared to be possible for one entity.

The laws of physics, which are incomplete, allowed for atomic weaponry. It is unknown what mastery of the true complete laws would allow. What they allow depends on the nature of reality itself.

But it is conceivable that a machine can be built that could manipulate the very fabric of reality. No longer would nuclear weapons or military forces pose a threat to one wielding such power, everything would be possible to them.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   
the neighborhood, this neighborhood, OUR neighborhood!

most everyone can't take a hint.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join