It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect that is bugging me out today

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
The Mandela Effect. Yes, I bring you another one you may or may not have heard of. Some people believe, myself included, that the lyrics of the theme song to "Mr Rogers Neighborhood " have changed. It's only one word, but it seems to not "fit" or it just "doesn't sound right ". The lyrics go "It's a beautiful day in this neighborhood
A beautiful day for a neighbor
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?"

The word in question is "this".

Some people, like myself, recall " It's a beautiful day in THE neighborhood
A beautiful day for a neighbor...."

On YouTube, there are plenty of videos of different episodes where he sings the song with the word "this".

This ME has really bugged me out. I clearly remember singing along as a child. I remember my older kids watching and doing the same. I've heard this song "a million times". Lol.
It just feels wrong and doesn't sound right to me now. I have tried to find a video with the lyric "the", but I can't. Because, it never happened.

Along with my 2 oldest daughters, aged 27 and 24, I also have 9 and 6 year old daughters.

The 6 year old watches PBS. She sometimes catches a show called "Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood ". It is a animated series based on the puppet character Daniel Tiger, who was in the Original Mr Rogers Neighborhood series.

I heard the theme song. Here is a link to the official PBS YouTube Video. With lyrics.

Daniel Tiger theme song

I don't know what to think now. It bugs me out even more.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: galaga

Galaga master......chiming in here....when I 7sed to put a quarter in the m
Game, it would just go ahead and start me out at the 240,000 mark....yep

I'm afraid you sir.....

......ummm

Are quite correct
edit on 14-10-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

And I would like to announce that I stand on my common response to Austrailia........looks like the land down under.........
Is about BELT HIGH NOW
edit on 14-10-2018 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

The "mirror mirror on the wall, who is the fairest one of all" gets me.

Magic mirror?

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   

God dammit, another ME thread. Are people so egotistical and narcissistic to believe their memories are flawed instead of having to believe in multiverses or dimensions comingling? Get over yourselves people. You remember it wrong it was always in THIS neighborhood.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Dude...I am certain you are correct or I'll eat my hat

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc

God dammit, another ME thread. Are people so egotistical and narcissistic to believe their memories are flawed instead of having to believe in multiverses or dimensions comingling? Get over yourselves people. You remember it wrong it was always in THIS neighborhood.

Did you not listen to the Daniel Tiger theme song?

What does he say?

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: norhoc

Are people so enamored in their own lack of memory that they can't believe thousands of people who know that it's not right and something is going on? Get over yourselves already, it's not faulty memory.

See how that can work either way? If you have nothing meaningful to add, why don't you stay out of me threads?
edit on 14-10-2018 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I remember it that way too as well as many other people, but many are afraid to come forward for fear of ridicule.

I also remember the mirror mirror on the wall, not magic mirror.

Though there are plenty that I haven't experienced or simply am not sure about, there are indeed some that I remember differently.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

So you want to silence dissent , you only want those that agree with you? IT is Occam's razor my friend. What is more likely to you? that you mis-remember this or there is another timeline merging with ours? If you think it is another timeline you need to be on medication

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Who cares about Daniel Tigers theme song, it is a completely different show based on Mister Rogers. You don't think they changed it or got it wrong?

Daniel Tiger has a red front door on his show, mister rogers is a plain wood door.. Whoa, another ME? Or is it not a good idea to base your memory on how an animated kid show does it 30 + years later?
edit on 14-10-2018 by norhoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

edit on 14-10-2018 by norhoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

We don't need memory, we have the firsthand evidence.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Yes, I remember "in the neighbourhood" too and many people do. There are so many ME's that affect me too. A great many people have many vivid memories of the same alternate versions of spellings, dates of events, or whether a certain person had already died or not. It's truly bizarre and deserves a lot more attention as an issue. I would love to hear from experts on the possible scientific explanations. Alternate reality is an obvious one. I have no idea how or why this is happening though.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

It is simple law of average, out of a group of 7 billion people their will be a percentage that don't remember things properly, that does not mean the past has changed. It is not shocking at all that groups of people mis- remember things. Then factor into that once one person says they remember it a certain way then group think can kick in and cause others to agree and think they remember it wrongly too.

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: norhoc

Nope. You should really pay more attention to what people are saying in these ME threads. It is a chain of memories, not just one single memory. And many are vivid memories. I remember my father reading "Berenstein Bears" to me many times, and always seeing the spelling and pronunciation. I remember going back over them as a young adult for sentimental reasons. I remember different people pronouncing the name differently ("-steen," "-stine" or "-stain,") because the spelling did not make it clear how it was to be pronounced. If it had been "Berenstain," no one would have been confused. Also, I would have made fun of the bears who "stain" their pants, being a kid. I never did because that was never how it was spelled or pronounced. I also remember my father telling me about the creators, the Berensteins, on many occasions. Only now, he says he always said "Berenstain" and made it clear to me so I had the correct pronunciation. He did always make it very clear, but it was "Berenstein" that he was making clear all those years (to me.) So it's not just a matter of vague recollection. It's a series of vivid memories, tied together in a chain of memories. And even more than this, reality itself would have worked differently than it did if it had been "Berenstain." For all those years, for me, it was "Berenstein."

And on top of this, many people remember these same alternate versions of things. We all remember "Berenstein," spelled that way and pronounced "-steen." I have not yet heard a single person express an alternate memory from the rest of us. Not one person remembers "Berenstine" or "Berenstone." We all seem to share the same exact alternate memory of things--which is to say, we collectively remember certain facts differently than they exist now. But to remind you again (as it so often seems necessary in ME discussions with non-believers,) it is not a simple case of vague remembrance. It's a series of events throughout our lives and a different reality around that wording/event/date. Because it has changed, other things have changed with it. Or at least, things no longer make sense. Like I said, teachers and parents would not have been mispronouncing "Berenstain" as "Berensteen." So, in this timeline either that never happened or it did happen but just makes no sense.

Anyway, like I say, there is a lot more weight to this issue than you seemed to realize.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

You ME people are hopeless, even with your dad telling you he always said stain you still can't accept reality. It is a grand delusion. You are egotistical and narcissistic to think their is a grand conspiracy and there is no way you are wrong.

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc

Gray area, you need to remove your attitude.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

I remember it that way too as well as many other people, but many are afraid to come forward for fear of ridicule.

I also remember the mirror mirror on the wall, not magic mirror.

Though there are plenty that I haven't experienced or simply am not sure about, there are indeed some that I remember differently.

Yes why make this movie, clearly they know it WAS Mirror Mirror.
Mirror Mirror
PG 2012 ‧ Drama/Fantasy ‧ 1h 46m

The Mr Rogers song for sure was THE

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
The depemd not depends diapers got me.

And that recent on on stouffers stove top stuffing.

I am 100% positive I ate stouffers stove top stuffing like 1000 times growing up.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   
THE........100% sure.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join