It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect that is bugging me out today

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I remember the also. It makes sense since he would have wanted to be inclusive. The neighborhood could be any neighborhood you included. This neighborhood would be only his.

My husband remembers the also.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
The depemd not depends diapers got me.

And that recent on on stouffers stove top stuffing.

I am 100% positive I ate stouffers stove top stuffing like 1000 times growing up.

People can't even switch on the Depends, I saw it in a joke on a movie again the other day, "he going to need depends". I can't change to Depend, my now gone stepdad need them and there just is no way I will change to the new spelling.
I have not seen anyone NOT remember Stouffers stove top stuffing.

This too among others. www.alternatememories.com...

The phrase "Fly my pretties, fly!" is very well-known and there are many references to be found in popular culture and the internet, ranging from The Simpsons to rock bands. The witch does call Dorothy "My Pretty", but that's about the only remaining connection to the phrase, and seems a stretch to associate it with releasing flying monkeys

www.alternatememories.com...
edit on 14-10-2018 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I think the Architects are trying to show us something about how reality works with the ME. It's subtle enough to trick Blue Pill people into thinking it's faulty memory.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

You need to not tell me what I need to do. thanks

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc
a reply to: SeaWorthy

You need to not tell me what I need to do. thanks

There is right and there is not right.

By nature, The Gray Area tends to involve unproven claims and anecdotal testimony that may arouse skepticism in some members. As always, skepticism is fine, but only when expressed in accordance with the AboveTopSecret.com Terms And Conditions Of Use. In particular, Courtesy Is Mandatory. Insults, ridicule, harassment, abuse and similar behavior constitute a direct attack on what this forum is intended for, and will be treated accordingly. Members unable to politely discuss unusual, unproven or unorthodox subjects should avoid this forum.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Im 39 years old and i used to watched that damn show religiously and it always was "THE!!" My big dummy ass would be jumping up and down in front of the TV fighting with my cousins.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
Hummmm

www.amazon.com...

Hah and new too
"A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood: The Poetry of Mister Rogers Hardcover – March 19, 2019
by Fred Rogers (Author), Luke Flowers (Contributor)"

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
The example I can think of is that scene in Moonraker, where Jaws meets the sweet little lady and smiles at her. Everyone remembers that scene with her having braces - but according to the directors, she didn't. The cleaned up DVD release of the movie didn't show her with braces. It would have made sense from a comedy sense.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   
This must not be a true Mandela Effect. There are many places online that still say "THE Neighborhood". If it were a legitimate ME, you would not be able to find anything anywhere that says "the". I think, perhaps, the one with "this" was merely a change or a mistake.

link   

edit on 14-10-2018 by queenofswords because: dbl post

link   

originally posted by: stormcell
The example I can think of is that scene in Moonraker, where Jaws meets the sweet little lady and smiles at her. Everyone remembers that scene with her having braces - but according to the directors, she didn't. The cleaned up DVD release of the movie didn't show her with braces. It would have made sense from a comedy sense.

That was a big one for many People I know and my self.

The Tarzan one and beam me too.

The favourite schoolyard call "Me Tarzan, You Jane!" can't be found in any of the original Tarzan movies, nor in the books running right back to when he first appeared in "Tarzan of the Apes" in 1912. Yet this quote is as famous as the other "non-quote" people remember, "Beam me up Scotty". What is causing people to not only think they were present originally, but continue repeating them?

www.alternatememories.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   
It's quite odd... and the dull witted litany of "false memory" just doesn't seem to cut it with all of them.

Admittedly, I've rolled my eyes at some (many.. .most?) of them and it's to be expected when the "gen pop" gets hold of something that there will be mistakes... ignorant, laughable, mistakes (like Statue of Liberty on Ellis Island... NO! Confabulation! Why is it called Liberty Island?!).

BUT some of them (with networked, shared memories) have left me gobsmacked and wondering about the nature of "reality."

The ones that are more difficult to dissect... like Berenstein, dilemna, the Moonraker chick's missing braces, etc.

I grew up watching Fred Rogers and thought it was THE neighborhood, but it could be switched lyrics as the mood hit him, or different lyrics in different stanzas... or some warping of reality!

It would be nice to have some open-minded, grown- up discussions to vet it... not that I think any resolutions will appear, but who knows?

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I only have knowledge from Eddie himself and he says "The", I suppose this could be how some of us became accustomed to the phrase thus casuing the issue in this case

So if other comedians did their own versions this could be cause of the cloudy mandella memories

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I've never heard anyone else mention it... But I swear I remember there being two sphinx statues in Egypt. Basically like an entryway with them next to each other. I was rattled when I recently read about only one statue.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Never mind.
edit on 14-10-2018 by ausername because: Mandela effect

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   
If you knew exactly why the Mandela Effect occurred, you couldn't tell anyone anyway. No one would believe you.

As a random ponderance. Sinbad as a genie, is one of the most popular Mandela Effect incidents.

Ever see a photograph of Sinbad?

I'll leave it at that. Anyone that studies their theoretical physics or astrophysics will immediately see what I mean.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zadiel74
I've never heard anyone else mention it... But I swear I remember there being two sphinx statues in Egypt. Basically like an entryway with them next to each other. I was rattled when I recently read about only one statue.

I know it has long been speculated that there should have been two but the second has never been found if it exists. This is in my world anyway. I don't doubt we are not all in sync anymore.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: norhoc

any other mysteries youd like to solve for the rest of us common folk. I know the rest of us not on the same level as you and your brilliance, so can you solve world hunger and throw a dash of peace in there for us.

thanks , Man kind

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 12:37 AM
link   
When we sleep could it be at that time we are traveling to another timeline?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join