It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why can't "God" come down and tell us what religon is "right"?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Christians persecuting muslims, muslims persecuting christians...etc etc...

Everyone is so dead-set in the "fact" that their relgion is the only way into heaven and that eveyone else is damned to hell. I'm agnostic becuase quite frankly, i think that as long as you are a good person and do good things during your lifetime that you are going to get into heaven. But some christians believe muslims are damned just becuase their muslims, and vice versa.

Why won't God just make it known to all what religion is "right"? It would stop wars, hatred, and ignorant close-mindedness.

Do any of you believe that only members of your religon (whatever religion that might be) are the only ones that will get into "heaven"?

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Then you wouldn't have to prove yourself. God needs to seperate the "weeds from the wheat"

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Why won't God just make it known to all what religion is "right"? It would stop wars, hatred, and ignorant close-mindedness.

You think so? have a bit of a longer think about that friend !

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Then you wouldn't have to prove yourself. God needs to seperate the "weeds from the wheat"

Yes, but what i'm trying to say is that how can we universally define the WEEDS or the WHEAT? Christians think they're the wheat, muslims think they're the wheat...how do we know who's right and who's wrong, or will we ever absolutely know the truth until we die?

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
You obviously don't know the definition of 'agnostic', then

Why wouldn't a God tell us which religion is right? Well, that sort of defeats the whole point. It's easy to do good when you know you should, it's alot harder to believe that you should.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Something you have to remember God doesn't just sit there and enjoy casting people to hell... He is all loving , all merciful, all knowing, and all powerful. God judges your heart more than your mind. Read the parable in matthew on the weeds from the wheat and then you can get an idea of who is who.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kwintz
Do any of you believe that only members of your religon (whatever religion that might be) are the only ones that will get into "heaven"?

Yep, I do. Why? Because Jesus said so. If that wasn't true, then Jesus is a liar and a fraud, and could in no way be the Truth. Before you state that the Bible is written by man, start quoting the Jesus Seminars, etc, I'd just like to point out that an infinitely powerful God could influence things so people who don't share the right message or lie in their testamonials don't get into the Bible.

Christianity is also the only religion where enterance into Heaven is assured to believers. Every other religion depends on works. Christianity has a realistic concept of man, and Christ provides us with a bridge to come to the Father. He took our sins upon himself and offers us enterance into heaven if we but reach out and take His hand. I can't give you a gift if you won't take it.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica
You obviously don't know the definition of 'agnostic', then

Agnostic is defined as:

1.One who believes that it is impossible to know whether there is a God.
2.One who is skeptical about the existence of God but does not profess true atheism.
One who is doubtful or noncommittal about something.

def. of agnostic

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kwintz

Yes, but what i'm trying to say is that how can we universally define the WEEDS or the WHEAT? Christians think they're the wheat, muslims think they're the wheat...how do we know who's right and who's wrong, or will we ever absolutely know the truth until we die?

It all boils down to the individual knowing right from wrong, religion itself has nothing to do with it, there is no "GOD club" no matter what anyone thinks, even the jews.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Because all religions are right and wrong at the same time. There is no one path to GOD. Many roads lead to the same destination. Why should God have to chose which road for us to take, we don't all start the trip at the same point.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Instar: I agree. Would you mind telling me what (if any) religion you practice?

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
He has, and he has provided the miracles along with the truth hes given us ever since Moses spoke to God
himself. we choose not to believe it.

Don't you guys know that you are children of God? hes with you all your life, every moment. All you have to do is sincirely ask him and if yo
seek all hes got to show you instead of your own theories and believing in what you want to then he will never show you.

he knows whos sincere and truly seeking.

Im tellin you hes here all the time, waiting for sncere souls to seek him. And if you do that his miracles he will show to you.

peace.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Jungle jake thats not true.

" we are assured heaven "

Not by faith alone, this is scriptural.

heres some other passages about not being saved once. this is what jesus said about the parable.

" Those who here the word with (joy) are those who believe for a while but in time of temptation fall away "

Not the exact qoute, but hs was aparable I believe about protestants who think they are once saved always saved.

thats not scriptural or true.

Matt 7:21

" Not everyone that saith to me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom ofheaven: but he that doth the will
of my father who is in heaven, he shall enter into the kingdom of heaven "

Corinthians 1:2

" To the church o God that is in corinth, to them that are sanctified in christ Jesus: called to be saints, with all that invoke the nae of
our Lord Jesus Christ "

Corinthians 9:27

" But I chastise my body, and bring it into subjection: lest perhaps, when I have preached to others, I
myself should become a cast away "

Matthew 10:22

" And you shall be hated by all men for my names sake: but he that shall perserve unto the end, he
shall be saved "

Philippians 2:12

" Wherefore, my dearly beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only,but
much more now in my absence, with fear and trembling work out your salvation "

peace.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Oh boy am I gonna get it for this one..

Here goes. The reason God doesn't alight from on high and set Us all straight:

God is dead, He doesn't live here anymore, He's gone and never coming back. This is hell, We are damned, and He has washed his hands of Us. Continue to worship Him if you will, but your prayers fall on deaf ears. Only We have the power to make salvation a reality.

I think the only thing to do is make the best of a bad situation. Mankind, through a unique gift of subjective perception, can transmute blood into wine, suffering into ecstasy, evil into good. Therefore We can turn Hell into Heaven, with the power of thought alone.

We were the forgotten seed left to die on hard ground. We have not, We will not, allow that to happen. We will grow, expand across the stars, explore the reaches of the darkness, and in the end it is We who will have the last laugh. While your God watches with one phantasmal eyebrow cocked, We will usurp the throne and realize the miracle of immortality. If you don't know who WE are yet, you haven't read the bible very closely.

Think about it. Just think about it...

Was that melodramatic enough for everyone? I could do it again. Maybe use some more makeup next time (I don't think the rouge quite matches the tights), or if somebody brought me a soapbox I could stand on it, yaknow, get a little height. Maybe a cape..yeah, a cape..

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
In my opinion, because their is noo G*D,
besides if your god is so compassionate and nice, than why doesnt everyone get into heaven, arent you suppose to believe that your G*D forgives all discretions, or is it only pure christianity that believes that?

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
He does not have to, because he did not made them, religion is human self made necesary evil, and is for humans to undo it.

We were created and we are resposible for our mistakes including religion, is up to us to fix the mess or kill the entire human races while trying.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   
1) Why should you have to beleive? There is an easier way to life, not having to beleive.

2) Why would you want to beleive in a religion where it gives people the freedom of choice to banish themselves to hell? Even good people who did nothing wrong in their life?

That is not any religion I want to be apart of.

Not only these two reasons, but other reasons as well.

Some people are just stupid and dont think things through, or have any comprehension. Popular religions like Christianity would be fine if they just stripped out all of the flaws like immorality and just bad concepts and made it more moral. Something you can rebuttal and refute for eternity and still come to the conclusion that it is a solid beleif.

I already gave two reasons why it isnt. If they changed their religion to be a little more sane, it could really take off.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I used to wonder about this very same question. If god could create an ostriche from scratch then why couldn't he knock on my door and introduce himself all proper like.

In time I realized that God had done just that. If you can't see god in everything than you can't see god in anything.

God created man, Man created religion. God doesn't do commercials for any of them either.

It is not the path one walks that makes them holy. They must make the path holy regardless of the path they have chosen.

You see, it doesn't matter what you are, or where you are or when you are or even why you are, All that matters is who you are and only you can decide that.

I sure hope this helped.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   
...because there is no personal, exclusive, elitist God.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Why can't "God" come down and tell us what religon is "right"?

Simply because what we have interpreted 'God' to be is wrong?
Or
Because there is no "right" religion and that "God" is characteristic and apart of all of them. There are no exclusive rights to "God".

seekerof

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join