It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain goes bonkers again. Says senators are equal to the president.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Gee. I guess everyone is now equal to everyone else. The homeless on the streets is equal to the billionaires. The privates are equal to the generals. The hamburger flippers are equal to the professors. Hmm...... McCain going egalitarian all of a sudden. Not sure if it has to do with his brain surgery.

“We are not the president’s subordinates. We are his equals,” he said to a smattering of applause in the chamber.

www.reuters.com...

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites
please post one or two paragraphs,
a link to the entire story,
AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Wed Jul 26 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

The three branches are equal. They check and BALLANCE each other.

That is what I am fairly sure he means. He is old and spoke in a way that can be misconstrued by joe public, but his audiance seemed to understand his message just fine.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

He has not been in touch with reality for a while. He (and most) congressman have little idea of what living in America is like in 2017.
He should retire and enjoy his life time pension and tax payer health care.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Senators run for president. Presidents don't run for senator. President salary is several times than senator salary. Equal? Hmm.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
You can tell the shills by how quickly they get triggered by a senator saying the President isn't his boss.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Bill Gates earns more in an hour than the President makes in a year.

Hmmm.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Ours is an intentional system of checks and balances, so that no one branch of government carries more political power than another. For the president to wield more power than the other two branches would essentially amount to a dictatorship.

Kudos to McCain for kindly reminding his fellow senators of this truth.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye

Senators run for president. Presidents don't run for senator. President salary is several times than senator salary. Equal? Hmm.

Below is the statement your thread is about and it is actually true. It has nothing to do with wages.

“We are not the president’s subordinates. We are his equals,”

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Well all of them are my employees. Very insubordinate employees, but they work for me and everyone else.
edit on 26-7-2017 by FauxMulder because: You're fired.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

Well all of them are my employees. Very insubordinate employees, but they work for me and everyone else.

Great comment, but I think most of these senators, and representatives have truly forgotten the fact that they are suppose to work for the American People, they were put in place to talk for the American People and not for their own agendas.

link   
I don't like McCain at all, but he's absolutely correct. I don't want President Trump, or any other man, to have unfettered power.

link   

You're forgetting about the "4th branch"

And all it's subsidiary's as well

link   
Well, the members of congress are elected representatives of the people.

The president is an elected representative of the people and the Commander-In-Chief, Chief Manager of the Economy, Chief Executive, Chief of State, Chief of Party and Chief Diplomat.

Not quite equals...

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
how equal was jm when ripping off the savings and loans?

didn't he have brain cancer last week?
what dr signed off on his return to work slip?

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Gee. I guess everyone is now equal to everyone else. The homeless on the streets is equal to the billionaires. The privates are equal to the generals. The hamburger flippers are equal to the professors. Hmm...... McCain going egalitarian all of a sudden. Not sure if it has to do with his brain surgery.

“We are not the president’s subordinates. We are his equals,” he said to a smattering of applause in the chamber.

www.reuters.com...

I think you miss the point, there's a certain amount of rhetoric there, and your comparisons are a misnomer,
Perhaps what McCain should have said, was that anyone could be Trumps equal, with the proviso...if they are mad enough.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

. McCain going egalitarian all of a sudden. Not sure if it has to do with his brain surgery.

www.reuters.com...

To be fair, he only mentioned the senate and the president, he may still think the rest of us are unwashed trash.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

Good'un.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

As a group the Senate is equal to the POTUS, but individually they are subordinate. It takes a vote of majority (51%) of the Senate to equal the power of the President. An individual senator is doodley squat.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Noncents

Yes, but the president has to go to Congress for funds. They have the power of the purse.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3
That's true but that doesn't make them equal. There's a lot that can be read into and made out of McCain's statement but to me it's not quite right.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join