It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The transgender con ? Many transgender regret switch

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Why are you obsessed with others sex lives and choices? It's ridiculous. So, you don't like it? Cool. DONT GET A SEX CHANGE and REFRAIN FROM SPEAKING TO THOSE PEOPLE. Simple. Anything further than that, including threads like this, is nonsense and none of your damn business.

edit on 21/7/2017 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Nothing to twist you have shown your true motive for the thread....It started with the title.
If you really cared you would have responded differently to personal stories and maybe learnt something.
Heck at least be honest.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: peter vlar
And for a minute there I thought we could have and honest and civil dialogue.

Why?!

I'm an enternal optimist, an Idealogue and I'm occasionally blinded by naïveté stemming from my ideals. I should definitely know better but I always try to keep a little hope in my heart.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
Is it wrong to think some may need help with their illnesses before they kill themselves ?

No, it's totally not wrong! In fact, virtually every authority on gender dysphoria would agree with you. This is why they get help and transition. It's the only evidenced model of treatment that has been effective.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

Why are you obsessed with others sex lives and choices? It's ridiculous. So, you don't like it? Cool. DONT GET A SEX CHANGE and REFRAIN FROM SPEAKING TO THOSE PEOPLE. Simple. Anything further than that, including threads like this, is nonsense and none of your damn business.

Why should I refrain from speaking to anyone on these issues surrounding the trans issue.

This" shut up "...type of attitude...." if you don't agree with it " is harbouring on my free speech .

Also ...if I refrain from speaking to them I'm called a bigot .

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Is it wrong to think some may need help with their illnesses before they kill themselves ?

No, it's totally not wrong! In fact, virtually every authority on gender dysphoria would agree with you. This is why they get help and transition. It's the only evidenced model of treatment that has been effective.

Thats not true according to some studies ... inconclusive at best.
edit on 21-7-2017 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

Nothing to twist you have shown your true motive for the thread....It started with the title.
If you really cared you would have responded differently to personal stories and maybe learnt something.
Heck at least be honest.

I did respond to personal stories.. the ones in the OP , and others on sexchangeregret.com

I'm not going to coddle some grown up who is bemoaning that he couldn't live his fairy tale as a child , and everyone should feel sorry for him.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Not inconclusive at all. There are no science-based, peer reviewed medical studies saying that is not true. There are extrapolations of real studies (like that Swedish one ignorant people love to pull out) that claim that but they are based on studies directly contradicting their point.

My question is why? Why do you insist that the authority and consensus of the actual subject matter experts are wrong and that your non-expert sources are correct? Why? I asked before. If it's religious, why do you think your gods have an issue with properly treating gender dysphoria?

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

My question is why? Why do you insist that the authority and consensus of the actual subject matter experts are wrong and that your non-expert sources are correct?

Because I disagree with what this world views as authority on this subject.

I have done some praying on this issue and I keep getting the same answer which I won't discuss on this thread.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Not inconclusive at all. There are no science-based, peer reviewed medical studies saying that is not true. There are extrapolations of real studies (like that Swedish one ignorant people love to pull out) that claim that but they are based on studies directly contradicting their point.

My question is why? Why do you insist that the authority and consensus of the actual subject matter experts are wrong and that your non-expert sources are correct? Why? I asked before. If it's religious, why do you think your gods have an issue with properly treating gender dysphoria?

You haave asked her...
I haave asked her...
A MULTITUDE of other posters asked her.

But nothing. Zip. Nada.

Like Peter with his optimism, the only thing nonsensical I feel thus far about my own posts are the fact I'm silly enough to keep posting. But you know, all we can do is try. The more you hack away at the stubborn tree with an ax of truth, eventually the stubborn wears away and the tree falls.

It's all we can hope for...

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

My question is why? Why do you insist that the authority and consensus of the actual subject matter experts are wrong and that your non-expert sources are correct?

I have done some praying on this issue and I keep getting the same answer which I won't discuss on this thread.

So, just like the Mormons, you're saying you prayed and you literally had a conversation with god..and he gave you the answers?

Not that it would be substantial...AT ALL...I find it convenient you won't share God's remarks on the matter

Because who could peer-review God, amirite?

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ReyaPhemhurth

Hey you and others have shown folk decent intelligent peer reviewed info If anyone clicks on the thread with an open mind all the typing will be worth it.
Keep up the good work guys.
Oh and Sheye I prayed to the great white monkey and she told me we are all her creatures and we should live and let live.
It appears my god is a better god then some.

Pickle Rick!

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Hey you and others have shown folk decent intelligent peer reviewed info If anyone clicks on the thread with an open mind all the typing will be worth it.
Keep up the good work guys.
Oh and Sheye I prayed to the great white monkey and she told me we are all her creatures and we should live and let live.
It appears my god is a better god then some.

Pickle Rick!

Thank you, my dear friend.

That means a lot to hear that.

More than you might realize.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

Great White Monkey God you say....

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Ok so not only is your reasoning faith-based but it's also extra-biblical (ie non-biblical) and from your own personal gnosis with your gods?

What would you say to a Christian who prayed and received an opposing answer from the same gods you pray to? Because they exist, you know.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
One good thing about this thread is that because of some posters people learn more about gender dysphoria and they help them to be wary of misinformation.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

My god says it's ok.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Best god ever! I'm her high priest and chief of flinging the sacred poop.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Best god ever!

My god disagrees.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
One good thing about this thread is that because of some posters people learn more about gender dysphoria and they help them to be wary of misinformation.

Fantastic and uplifting point, thank you for this.

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join