It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The transgender con ? Many transgender regret switch

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   
The title of this thread is the title of this article
www.thenewamerican.com...

It has some interesting ,yet very sad insight into the transgender issue from transgendered who wished to de-transition.

“You fundamentally can't change sex…. Transsexualism was invented by psychiatrists.” These are not the words of a conservative organization or a fundamentalist preacher, but of former “transsexual” Alan Finch. Having decided to “transition from male to female” at age 19, the Australian man later regretted the life-rending move and chose to once again live as his true sex approximately 15 years later. And he’s not alone. A growing number of “transgender” people, though once sure they wanted to live as the opposite sex, now wish they'd never had their bodies surgically altered.

Morabito goes on to cite a poll showing that even 65 percent of people who’ve had cosmetic surgery — which is relatively minor body alteration — later regret the decision. As she writes, quoting Courtney Love on her lip enhancement procedure, “I just want the mouth God gave me back.” Yet many regretful “transsexuals” are afraid to open their mouths. Writing about how the scope of “transgender” de-transition desires is hidden, Morabito writes, “The transgender lobby actively polices and suppresses discussion of sex-change regret, and claims it’s rare (no more than “5 percent.”) [sic]. However, if you do decide to ‘de-transition’ to once again identify with the sex in your DNA, talking about it will get you targeted by trans activists.” This is reminiscent of how the homosexual lobby has viciously attacked grown children of same-sex couples all because these people now oppose same-sex child-rearing, which The New American reported on earlier this month.

So perhaps the reason many transgendered get so depressed is not so much to do with bullying and non acceptance but a regret they didn't accept their original bodies more.

I will quote more later, but I urge you to read it all , it's a short read

edit on 18-7-2017 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   
every surgeon who performs gender reassignment surgery also offers the reversal surgery. Off the top of my head 1 in 3 will commit suicide and 1 in 5 will have a reversal

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Some de-transitioning “transsexuals” are speaking out, however. Starting with Finch, he told The Guardian in 2004: Transsexualism was invented by psychiatrists.… You fundamentally can’t change sex.... The surgery doesn’t alter you genetically. It’s genital mutilation. My "vagina" was just the bag of my scrotum. It’s like a pouch, like a kangaroo. What’s scary is you still feel like you have a penis when you’re sexually aroused. It’s like phantom limb syndrome. It’s all been a terrible misadventure. I’ve never been a woman, just Alan.

And given that opponents of genital-mutilation surgery are often accused of trying to force people to live a lie, something Attonley said was quite interesting: “I have always longed to be a woman, but no amount of surgery can give me an actual female body and I feel like I am living a lie,” reports the Mail. Are these people outliers, as “transgender” activists would say? Not according to research. As The Guardian also wrote in 2004: There is no conclusive evidence that sex change operations improve the lives of transsexuals, with many people remaining severely distressed and even suicidal after the operation, according to a medical review conducted exclusively for Guardian Weekend tomorrow. The review of more than 100 international medical studies of post-operative transsexuals by the University of Birmingham's aggressive research intelligence facility (Arif) found no robust scientific evidence that gender reassignment surgery is clinically effective.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   
More quotes from arcticle . These are very sad to read.

Morabito cites as a good example of this late Los Angeles Times sportswriter Mike Penner. After announcing in 2007 that he would return from a vacation as “Christine Daniels” and then becoming a “transgender” activist, he decided to de-transition the next year and reclaim his old Penner byline. But he could not reclaim his sanity. He committed suicide in 2009. Interestingly, Morabito reports that all “blog posts and bylines by Christine Daniels were mysteriously scrubbed from the LA Times website,” and his funeral “was strictly private to keep out media.” But even in death, he wasn’t allowed to leave the “transgender” fold. As Morabito put it, “The LGBT community had their own memorial service, but only for ‘Christine Daniels,’ not Mike Penner.”

“Gender dysphoria” (GD), we're told, is a condition in which a person’s body doesn’t match his true “gender.” But there is no blood test for it. There is no identifiable genetic marker. There is no medical exam at all. Rather, the diagnosis is made based on, as PsychCentral.com puts it, “strong and persistent cross-gender identification”; in other words, strong and persistent feelings that you actually are a member of the opposite sex. Yet such a diagnostic standard would constitute malpractice in any other branch of medicine. Could you imagine a patient telling a cardiologist that he has a strong and persistent feeling he has heart disease and the doctor, on that basis alone, performing bypass surgery? The point is that whatever one thinks of the soundness of the “gender dysphoria” diagnosis, the basis on which it’s made certainly is not medically sound.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Never mind...
edit on 7/18/2017 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I thought you were going to live and let live.
Reading into the source site also...nah.

mediabiasfactcheck.com...

Displays right wing bias in reporting and does not always follow the consensus of science.

I suggest to stop the circle of hate and live and let live.

Also what happened to your possessed by demons theory?.
edit on 18-7-2017 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
I thought you were going to live and let live.
Reading into the source site also...nah.

mediabiasfactcheck.com...

Displays right wing bias in reporting and does not always follow the consensus of science.

Also what happened to your possessed by demons theory?.

Putting words into my posts again ? I said in some cases we have to agree to disagree.

I just wanted to point out the dangers there may be with transitioning, and this arcticle really hit me hard.

My possessed by demons theory was worded wrong. I should have said , in some cases I believe spiritual oppression is happening in the form of confusion and self hatred . It can start in spiritual realms and manifest to mental illness.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Also the article mentions God.

Except for, say, a guy who had sex-change surgery and now would like to have his penis back. (The one God gave him.)

Sorry it is bias right wing fake news.
I'm out I suggest doing what Jesus would do and love and accept folk.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Maybe they don't realize that they really are the gender they were born until they make the drastic transition to the other gender.

Our society and especially the medical//psychological field has really made a mess of things being too influenced by politics and their own egos.

My heart goes out to those who suffer from this disconcerting gender confusion. Much, much more true scientific info should be explored as so many seem to suffer and make gender altering mistakes.

The judging of the sexual preferences needs to stop and the outlandish posturing by the LBGT needs to quieten; enough is too much.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Yet “transgender” dogma is so unquestioned today that even very young children are allowed to choose their “gender.” An example is six-year-old girl Ryland, who Parent 24’s Tamar Cloete bills as the “world's youngest transgender child.” Calling her parents’ decision to allow her to live as a boy “brave,” Cloete writes that this “may be a phase or it might not, but that is all up to the kid to decide.” Absolutely striking. We would agree that a six-year-old is far too young to decide his own diet, educational program, or bedtime. But we’re to believe he’s mature enough to decide to “live as the opposite sex”?

How could anyone who cared about a child not be wary of it transitioning to another gender.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Comparing cosmetic surgery here is apples to oranges. Cosmetic surgery which is mostly an elective procedure(minus building new breasts, after surgery, deviated septums, etc.), sadly sometimes done due to self worth issues

A growing number? Accurate assessments of studies say otherwise. Ex Tex'd as per site rules, see source for continuations of each.

1. A Swedish study shows post-operative people are more much more likely to commit suicide.

This statement grossly misrepresents the findings of the study and suggests that the study argues against transition-related care. Quite the opposite. The study outright states that medical transition is supported by the other research, and the study is not intended as an argument against the availability of such treatment:

It should come as no shock that as society accepts transgender people, they suffer fewer side effects of minority stress. This conclusion is supported by other recent studies (Murad 2010 and Ainsworth 2011) that found that individuals who receive treatment not only are better-off than those who didn’t but are not significantly different in daily functioning than the general population:

Indeed, another Swedish study in 2009 found that 95 percent of individuals who transitioned report positive life outcomes as a result.

It should come as no shock that as society accepts transgender people, they suffer fewer side effects of minority stress. This conclusion is supported by other recent studies (Murad 2010 and Ainsworth 2011) that found that individuals who receive treatment not only are better-off than those who didn’t but are not significantly different in daily functioning than the general population:
Continued...

2. But there’s the 2004 British study that says gender-confirmation surgery (GCS) isn’t effective.

This statement is another gross representation of the research.

3. Regret is common.

Surgical regret is actually very uncommon. Virtually every modern study puts it below 4 percent, and most estimate it to be between 1 and 2 percent (Cohen-Kettenis & Pfafflin 2003, Kuiper & Cohen-Kettenis 1998, Pfafflin & Junge 1998, Smith 2005, Dhejne 2014). In some other recent longitudinal studies, none of the subjects expressed regret over medically transitioning (Krege et al. 2001, De Cuypere et al. 2006).

4. But what about the people who had regrets?

Any surgery comes with a risk of regret. It just happens that the risk of regret for GCS is actually much lower than for many other surgeries. Indeed, the regret rate for GCS compares favorably with gastric banding.

Source

edit on 18-7-2017 by dreamingawake because: spelling

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   
And finally this last closing bit for those who didn't read the arcticle
And just to be clear ... I didn't start this thread for judgement of transgendered.. these stories made me sad when I read them, and thought maybe it would save someone else from having regrets over irreversible surgeries.

Obviously, surgery or not, sexually confused individuals have a cross to bear. But they very well might be happier if they consider the counsel of former psychiatrist-in-chief for Johns Hopkins Hospital Dr. Paul McHugh. “‘Sex change’ is biologically impossible,” he says. “People who undergo sex-reassignment surgery do not change from men to women or vice versa. Rather, they become feminized men or masculinized women.” And that’s why he concluded long ago, “We psychiatrists … would do better to concentrate on trying to fix their minds and not their genitalia.”

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

I find your information biased 😁... much like the arcticle states.. the true numbers of regrets are stifled and made quiet by transgender community

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

It is hateful to keep accusing me of hate , when in fact it is loving concern...especially for children being indoctrinated .

Don't confuse my love and concern for the transgender society as hate again please...that is unfair and untrue.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

Also the article mentions God.

Except for, say, a guy who had sex-change surgery and now would like to have his penis back. (The one God gave him.)

Sorry it is bias right wing fake news.
I'm out I suggest doing what Jesus would do and love and accept folk.

Jesus also called out people on their sin and told them to go and sin no more...Jesus certainly said to love but please point me to where Jesus said to 'accept folk'.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kalixi
every surgeon who performs gender reassignment surgery also offers the reversal surgery. Off the top of my head 1 in 3 will commit suicide and 1 in 5 will have a reversal

Uhh, I don't know about that. Have you ever seen a doodle transformed into a smoo?

Pretty sure that ain't reversible...

I could be wrong, but holy buckets, I am glad I like my bits the way they are...

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 03:11 AM
link   
This is very true.

And it is why before a person undergoes gender reassignment they are meant to undergo some pretty serious psychological analysis.

At the end of the day, it's a very personal thing and it is not really for us as a group to judge individuals who go through this. The best we can do is accept them for who they are.

ETA Transgenderism is not a con. It's a real thing and I do know people who have very successfully transitioned. But I also have known people who did not and they unfortunately committed suicide.
edit on 18-7-2017 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Kind of goes to show,many fall prey to the"in thing"what do you expect,altering someone does not make them a ,no more then freak body mods,social engineering I guess,self esteem seems to be a lost art anymore

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Kind of goes to show,many fall prey to the"in thing"what do you expect,altering someone does not make them a ,no more then freak body mods,social engineering I guess,self esteem seems to be a lost art anymore

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 03:32 AM
link   
where to even begin with this ass-backward sorry mess?

i'm really loving the whole "person who hates transgender people explains their depression to them" shtick, it's just.... absolute classic trollwork.

i was going to calmly and rationally explain why all this is just so much bad noise
but really why bother? it's just going to fall on wilfully deaf ears.

let me just give you a couple of facts

1) i, a real life actual transgender person, with easily hundreds of transgender friends and acquaintances, can only think of maybe three cases i've even heard of tangentially of someone deciding to de-transition. it does happen but trust us, it's RAAARE. and also it's fine. people are allowed to try something and change their mind.

2) y'all know we don't just.... decide we're trans and hacksaw our genitals off the next day, right? there are years of counselling and hormone therapy and lived experience that happen first. and for a really vast number of us, surgery is not even something we want [or can afford, or both]. and for at least a year, if you stop taking those beautiful little blue pills, the physical effects will melt away entirely in a matter of months.

3) the worst depression of my life was when i was hiding who i am. the second worst depression of my life was when i started transitioning and my family treated me as a joke. once i escaped that toxic scenario and found acceptance, lo and behold, my depression lifted completely and now i live a normal, happy life. this is not a unique story, most of my friends have had similar experiences.
stop. running. your. self righteous trap. about things you know absolutely nothing about.
edit on 18-7-2017 by continuousThunder because: shaking

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join