It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The transgender con ? Many transgender regret switch

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

a reply to: Deaf Alien

Ok... that's opinion .

Everyone has one ...

I'm asking questions now .. and few are trying to answer 😕

What do you make of Walt's statement that he was misdiagnosed and suffered dissocative disorder? That's right out of his own mouth.

I think he could be right. I think there is a lot of confusion for the patient as well as misdiagnosis within this medical field.

Basically he admitted that he isn't a transgender person.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

a reply to: Deaf Alien

Ok... that's opinion .

Everyone has one ...

I'm asking questions now .. and few are trying to answer 😕

What do you make of Walt's statement that he was misdiagnosed and suffered dissocative disorder? That's right out of his own mouth.

I think he could be right. I think there is a lot of confusion for the patient as well as misdiagnosis within this medical field.

Basically he admitted that he isn't a transgender person.

That's interesting and could be true.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

You're a disgusting and reprehensible excuse for a human being. I'm still in shock that someone actually made Shaye's objections appear logical and reasonable in comparison. At least she didn't refer to Transgendered people as a viral disease. Seriously, get some help, get a library card, take a class in genetics and then come back and talk out your posterior some more because you haven't got the foggiest notion what you're talking about.

Gosh, how on earth, can you take a perfect "scientific" explanation, and turn it into an "emotional" theme?

My text had nothing to do with "approval" or "disapproval" of any behavior. Only about the "facts" of science.

edit on 21-7-2017 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ReyaPhemhurth

Every post is a deflect. If it's not a deflect or a victim game then its questions others have already answered with actual evidence. But you ignore it. Everyone has seen that. Lol.

Every post? Everyone has seen that ? Lol .. you sound like Trump when he exaggerates.

Victim game ? I'm not the one crying for sympathy because I didn't get everything I wanted as a child.

I haven't ignored anything that is not worth ignoring.

Have a great weekend too Reya , I know mine will be just the way I prefer it 🙂

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
ai.eecs.umich.edu...

"Samantha Kane was, by anyone's standards, a hugely successful woman. She ran her own interior design company; was independent, modern and extraordinarily beautiful. She had a top of-the-range Mercedes, homes in West London and Spain and accounts at Knightsbridge's most exclusive boutiques. Her name made her sound like a character in Dynasty - and her feline looks would certainly have qualified her to be one. She rubbed shoulders with the likes of the Crown Prince of Dubai, ran with the international set in Monte Carlo and Cannes and shared her bed with a number of fabulously wealthy men. But something inside Samantha hated being a woman. She found the conversation superficial and the sex second rate. She loathed shopping, disliked gossip and fretted over the endless maintenance of her face and figure. In short, Samantha Kane desperately missed being one of the boys. For Samantha used to be Sam, a millionaire with a property empire and a husband with two children. As Iraqi-born Sam Hashimi, he brokered million-dollar deals for Middle Eastern businessmen and flared briefly in newspapers when he launched an unsuccessful takeover bid for Sheffield United FC. Following the first Gulf War, Sam's business empire collapsed and his marriage ended. At 37, seemingly out of the blue, he decided to become a woman. He had a sex change operation in December 1997 and spent close to �60,000 on surgery - including �10,000 on genital surgery and �3,000 on breast implants. Within four years of the operation, Sam realised 'he'd' made a dreadful mistake and has begun the painful process of having more surgery to return to being a man again!. He was in the headlines again, claiming his sex change was 'an act against nature'. He has reported his doctor, consultant psychiatrist Russell Reid ... to the General Medical Council alleging he had a `cavalier attitude' in recommending him for the gender realignment surgery. He registered officially as Charles a month ago, wanting to put as much distance as he could between Sam and Samantha. He cuts a poignant figure of a man. Charles is dressed in a pin-stripe suit and pink tie - an amalgam of man and woman. His hands are soft with clean, shaped nails. He walks and sits in the manner of a woman, but uses the men's lavatories. He has no facial growth and little male muscle. He says it took four years of hormone treatment and surgery to feminise his body completely. It will take as much time again to return it to manhood. But Charles will never be as Sam was. His genitals will be re-constructed by plastic surgery. His body will never naturally produce testosterone and he will never again grow a beard. Charles cannot give a convincing reason for becoming a woman. He says he was suffering from a nervous breakdown when gender change was recommended and that he should have been referred for counselling not surgery. 'I was a traditional male. I was strong and tough in business and the provider for my family. My wife Trudi had never worked a day of her life. I shouldered the complete financial responsibility for her and the children,' he says. 'She'd think nothing of going shopping and spending a few thousand pounds on a dress. I always used to wonder what it would be like to be a woman, to have none of the responsibility I had, to have doors opened for me and have all the privileges a woman seems to have.' Until his breakdown, he was thoroughly heterosexual; a conventional, grey-suited businessman with short dark hair and a moustache. Born in Baghdad to middle-class parents, he moved to England at 17 where he secured an HND in engineering and married Trudi, a former beauty queen, at 23. He built a property empire, negotiated deals for wealthy Arabs and ran a club in Mayfair. At one time, he says, he had �2 million in the bank. 'I was like any other man,' he says. 'I worked hard and did pretty much what I liked. I enjoyed spending time with men talking about football, the stock market and, of course, girls. I think my sex drive was above average. I had one or two affairs during my marriage..."

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Abysha
a reply to: Sheye

Among neurologists, he is a minority. He ignores every study on postmortem brains with gender dysphoria that has cone out in the last 10 years.

This is why virtually every other neurologist who studies it disagrees with him in his assessment of it missing a physiological component.

More info on Dr. Berger

Dr. Berger currently serves on the “Scientific Advisory Committee” for the controversial group, The National Association for Research & Therapy of Homosexuality (NARTH), which purports to turn gay people straight. Recently, on NARTH’ website, Dr. Berger posted a response to a San Francisco Chronicle article that explored gender issues in schools.

According to Dr. Berger: “I suggest, indeed, letting children who wish go to school in clothes of the opposite sex — but not counseling other children to not tease them or hurt their feelings,”

Dr. Berger wrote on NARTH’s website. “On the contrary, don’t interfere, and let the other children ridicule the child who has lost that clear boundary between play-acting at home and the reality needs of the outside world. Maybe, in this way, the child will re-establish that necessary boundary.”

Clearly, these reprehensible remarks place the welfare and well-being of children at risk. Taken to its logical conclusion, some of these youths will be verbally harassed and even physically abused.

TWO believes that Joseph Berger has confused therapy with thuggery and he should be investigated for unethical and unprofessional conduct. truthwinsout.org...

According to Dr. Berger: “I suggest, indeed, letting children who wish go to school in clothes of the opposite sex — but not counseling other children to not tease them or hurt their feelings,”

Dr. Berger wrote on NARTH’s website. “On the contrary, don’t interfere, and let the other children ridicule the child who has lost that clear boundary between play-acting at home and the reality needs of the outside world. Maybe, in this way, the child will re-establish that necessary boundary.”

Clearly, these reprehensible remarks place the welfare and well-being of children at risk. Taken to its logical conclusion, some of these youths will be verbally harassed and even physically abused.

If anyone should be concerned for transgender people it should be in the concern to be against this. Want to know what's causing suicides? Thought processes such as by Dr. Berger above.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake

Among neurologists, he is a minority. He ignores every study on postmortem brains with gender dysphoria that has cone out in the last 10 years.

This is why virtually every other neurologist who studies it disagrees with him in his assessment of it missing a physiological component.

More info on Dr. Berger

Dr. Berger currently serves on the “Scientific Advisory Committee” for the controversial group, The National Association for Research & Therapy of Homosexuality (NARTH), which purports to turn gay people straight. Recently, on NARTH’ website, Dr. Berger posted a response to a San Francisco Chronicle article that explored gender issues in schools.

TWO believes that Joseph Berger has confused therapy with thuggery and he should be investigated for unethical and unprofessional conduct. truthwinsout.org...

If anyone should be concerned for transgender people it should be in the concern to be against this. Want to know what's causing suicides? Thought processes such as by Dr. Berger above.

You would prefer the children be coddled ?

I think what the good doctor meant is that .. if lil' johnny wants to go to school in a dress , allow him, but don't ask other kids to pander to him or play into his fantasies that he's a girl, when clearly they know he's a boy.

Children can be rude for all sorts of reasons .. childhood is tough for many on the playgrounds.

If I was lil' Johnny's mom I would say to him " sure .. you can wear the dress and I'll let you borrow my fake pearls... but you need to understand that some kids are going to poke fun at you ... you ready for that ? "

I would also talk as well as listen very closely with him as much as I could.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

You want children to bully other children, going as far to hurt them, for being different just to teach them a lesson and straighten them up?

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake

More info on Dr. Berger

You would prefer the children be coddled ?

I think what the good doctor meant is that .. if lil' johnny wants to go to school in a dress , allow him, but don't ask other kids to pander to him or play into his fantasies that he's a girl, when clearly they know he's a boy.

Children can be rude for all sorts of reasons .. childhood is tough for many on the playgrounds.

If I was lil' Johnny's mom I would say to him " sure .. you can wear the dress and I'll let you borrow my fake pearls... but you need to understand that some kids are going to poke fun at you ... you ready for that ? "

I would also talk as well as listen very closely with him as much as I could.

There's a BIG difference between coddling and allowing intolerance, allowing bullying.

And if you were Big Biff's dad would you encourage the bullying because "it's just what kids do"?
Because that is what the Dr. is doing.

edit on 21-7-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-7-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

You want children to bully other children, going as far to hurt them, for being different just to teach them a lesson and straighten them up?

Children will bully.. its called humanity.. they learn it from adults .
At the risk of sounding like a victim I know Christian children who've been bullied, harrassed and beaten for being Christian... Muslims have too.

What gives the child that refuses to accept its gender any more rights to a " safe place".. and a society accepting them with open arms .

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

I'm not saying they should be bullied to straighten them out.. ( though that does seem to be how some adults try and operate on this thread)... what I'm saying is they need to understand not everyone will agree with them.

edit on 21-7-2017 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I'm not saying they should be bullied to straighten them out.. ( though that does seem to be how some adults try and operate on this thread)... what I'm saying is they need to understand not everyone will agree with them.

They already know that not everyone will agree with them. What they need is not to be ridiculed and bullied, going as far to hurt them. Do you want children to bully, ridicule and hurt your children for being different?

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Children will bully.. its called humanity.. they learn it from adults .
At the risk of sounding like a victim I know Christian children who've been bullied, harrassed and beaten for being Christian... Muslims have too.

What gives the child that refuses to accept its gender any more rights to a " safe place".. and a society accepting them with open arms .

Wouldn't you rather have the bullied Christian children's peers who bully them know better to not do such a thing?
Curiously I've never heard of Christian children being bullied in schools, any sources?

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Some Christians tell their children that they are being bullied because of their faith. Yet in reality, few kids are bullied due to their faith, or for that matter because they are overweight or wear glasses, which are two other popular myths. 

www1.cbn.com...
A Christian site.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

The doctor wasn't encouraging the bullying as far as I see it. Just saying let the kids react naturally to it and let them have their feelings too. If you expect that for the gender dysphoric child , please try to give that same freedom to other children without teacher and parents saying to all children " Now you all be nice to Lil Johnny because he wants to be a girl now, so please call him by his girl name "

That is taking away from a child's freedom of expression as well.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Some Christians tell their children that they are being bullied because of their faith. Yet in reality, few kids are bullied due to their faith, or for that matter because they are overweight or wear glasses, which are two other popular myths. 

www1.cbn.com...
A Christian site.

A few is still a few... numbers are probably greater than gender dysphoric children , considering the stats on each.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

a reply to: dreamingawake

The doctor wasn't encouraging the bullying as far as I see it. Just saying let the kids react naturally to it and let them have their feelings too. If you expect that for the gender dysphoric child , please try to give that same freedom to other children without teacher and parents saying to all children " Now you all be nice to Lil Johnny because he wants to be a girl now, so please call him by his girl name "

That is taking away from a child's freedom of expression as well.

Freedom of expression to call Lil' Johnny, who wants to be known as Jane now, a "she-male" or another name used to denigrate? Instead of educating the classrooms that some children are different gender wise?

Freedom of expression should not include bullying.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

They already know that not everyone will agree with them. What they need is not to be ridiculed and bullied, going as far to hurt them. Do you want children to bully, ridicule and hurt your children for being different?

No child or adult should be ridiculed or bullied ... but unfortunately in life it happens ( chef Ramsey has made a killing off of it )

I would try and teach my child and still try to teach them that others opinions and negative rude remarks are nothing in the grande scheme of life, and to always stay true to yourself even if that involves changing your opinion.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

You're a disgusting and reprehensible excuse for a human being. I'm still in shock that someone actually made Shaye's objections appear logical and reasonable in comparison. At least she didn't refer to Transgendered people as a viral disease. Seriously, get some help, get a library card, take a class in genetics and then come back and talk out your posterior some more because you haven't got the foggiest notion what you're talking about.

Gosh, how on earth, can you take a perfect "scientific" explanation, and turn it into an "emotional" theme?

My text had nothing to do with "approval" or "disapproval" of any behavior. Only about the "facts" of science.

Then go back and look at the numerous citations I have posted that show you are making up bull droppings because you're making claims that are not supported by genetics in any way shape or form. And sorry, you're the one who created the "emotional theme" as you call our inane narrative devoid of facts. I'm too busy to relink the numerous citations that I have posted showing definitively that there are numerous alignments of chromosomes in Homo Sapiens sapiens aside from XX and XY along with numerous genetic causes resultant from gene expression. What you claim, has zero basis in genetics or biology.

Though if you feel I am in error, please feel free to provide citations supporting your contentions.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Though if you feel I am in error, please feel free to provide citations supporting your contentions.

Of course, you are in error. You never pointed out anything specific that was said that was against science. Just a lot of rambling about some nonsense. Pure emotional dribble.

Look up retrovirus, and you'll see, how the DNA of each cell can be changed.

Also, we use disease to cure other disease all the time in medicine. You took the comment about injecting a virus to transfer male into female as some sort of derogatory statement. It's pure science.

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join