It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The transgender con ? Many transgender regret switch

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

originally posted by: Sheye

a reply to: Sheye

At least you admit that it's a claim.

1 in 100 is too many when it comes to this type of regret.😕

Some of these transgendered killed themselves , and not because of non acceptance, but because of deep regret for irreversible surgery.

We really don't know that.

Yes we do...

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Some of these transgendered killed themselves , and not because of non acceptance, but because of deep regret for irreversible surgery.

Yes we do...

You haven't given us any evidence of any kind. The studies on the effectiveness or ineffectiveness have been shown to be inconclusive so no we don't know.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Yes we do...

You haven't given us any evidence of any kind. The studies on the effectiveness or ineffectiveness have been shown to be inconclusive so no we don't know.

They were not inconclusive in the aspect that a percentage of transgendered were unhappy with their surgeries and ultimately killed themselves. Their stories are posted.. did you not read them ?

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Yes we do...

They were not inconclusive in the aspect that a percentage of transgendered were unhappy with their surgeries and ultimately killed themselves. Their stories are posted.. did you not read them ?

Yep I have read them.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Here's what you are not understanding.

Let's say your town came in contact with a weird substance which gave you all a nasty illness. Each person, if left untreated or unreported, will have at least a 30% chance of dying and, if they don't die, they'll live in pain and discomfort for the rest of their lives.

However, a doctor in your town discovered a treatment. This treatment significantly improves the lives who undergo it and many even say they are cured from the illness. But... about one in a hundred people who undergo it end up dying, anyway.

Now, anybody reading that analogy would conclude that the treatment saves a lot of lives. However, a source from the neighboring cultist town who hates your town takes only a small part of that information and proclaims that the treatment kills 1% of the population.

It's not an honest way to report studies, statistics, nor lived experiences.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Of course we have concern for them. Using faith-based biased sources is not a good start. I am sure those that regret surgery exist.

My question for you is ,why is notusing a faith baised source so important ?

You have all admitted there are great Christian based people within scientific studies of many varieties . Why can't they have their legitimate studies on transgendered ?

There is a difference between Christians who use the Bible to make conclusions and Christian scientists who use scientific method to make conclusions.

Can you prove that those who contributed to these articles were using the bible to influence ?

All the article had was one reference to God... and that was a de-transitioning trans who said " I just want the penis God gave me back"

So because a regretful trans uses the word God in a statement , it's obvious this is all faith based bias ?

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

Let's say your town came in contact with a weird substance which gave you all a nasty illness. Each person, if left untreated or unreported, will have at least a 30% chance of dying and, if they don't die, they'll live in pain and discomfort for the rest of their lives.

However, a doctor in your town discovered a treatment. This treatment significantly improves the lives who undergo it and many even say they are cured from the illness. But... about one in a hundred people who undergo it end up dying, anyway.

Now, anybody reading that analogy would conclude that the treatment saves a lot of lives. However, a source from the neighboring cultist town who hates your town takes only a small part of that information and proclaims that the treatment kills 1% of the population.

i think you are grossly exaggerating the reality of the info provided in OP with that analogy.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

i think you are grossly exaggerating the reality of the info provided in OP with that analogy.

I probably did. It's less than 1%

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   

I found it funny that the article that you linked to in your OP included a link to an article that is opposite of what you claimed.
www.nbcnews.com... (from sexchangeregret.com...).
edit on 7/20/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/20/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

You are still playing with the natural order of science... hormone blockers could result in life long complications.

You go messing with gender hormones I do believe that could result in breast / prostate cancer.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

I found it funny that the article that you linked to in your OP included a link to an article that is opposite of what you claimed.

I think I had read part of that.. but thank you for bringing it to my attention again.

How is it the opposite of what I claimed ? What did I claim ? That some transgendered have post operation regrets ... And some take their lives because of it .

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   

I think I had read part of that.. but thank you for bringing it to my attention again.

How is it the opposite of what I claimed ? What did I claim ? That some transgendered have post operation regrets ... And some take their lives because of it .

It's an opportunity to honor the people who lost their lives for really no other reason than that another human being acted out of hatred or fear and were so consumed by that that they ended another person's life," said Justin Tanis, spokesperson for the National Center for Transgender Equality. "It's also an opportunity for us to look at what we can do about it. We've got to keep taking concrete steps to end that violence, because it's unacceptable that people continue to be killed and continue to be violently attacked."

Stacked deck 
Psychologists say transgender people often face what feels like a stacked deck against them. The disapproval and confusion of friends, family and people around them creates a burden of stress. Many trans people fear for their safety because of the threat of anti-transgender violence.

And many more. Pretty ironic as you linked to an article that linked to another site (sexchangeregret.com) that linked to that.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

I've never denied that trans kill themselves for varying reasons... and in todays world , I don't believe it's only because they are not accepted.

My OP's article was more about surgical regrets , and some of those lead to death. It was about self acceptance , not outside acceptance.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   

I've never denied that trans kill themselves for varying reasons... and in todays world , I don't believe it's only because they are not accepted.

My OP's article was more about surgical regrets , and some of those lead to death. It was about self acceptance , not outside acceptance.

Like those with cosmetic surgery?

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Like those with cosmetic surgery?

Haha 😏

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Here's another interesting link from sexchangeregret.com

www.cnsnews.com...

Dr. Joseph Berger, a Distinguished Life Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association and a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, states that from “a scientific perspective,” being “transgendered” is a psychological issue – “emotional unhappiness” – and “cosmetic surgery” is not the “proper treatment.”

Dr. Berger told the committee, “From a scientific perspective, let me clarify what ‘transgendered’ actually means. I am speaking now about the scientific perspective – and not any political lobbying position that may be proposed by any group, medical or non-medical.” “‘Transgendered’ are people who claim that they really are or wish to be people of the sex opposite to which they were born, or to which their chromosomal configuration attests,” he stated. “Sometimes, some of these people have claimed that they are ‘a woman trapped in a man’s body’ or alternatively ‘a man trapped in a woman’s body.’” “Scientifically, there is no such thing,” he said. “The medical treatment of delusions, psychosis or emotional happiness is not by surgery,” continued the doctor.

edit on 20-7-2017 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-7-2017 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Among neurologists, he is a minority. He ignores every study on postmortem brains with gender dysphoria that has cone out in the last 10 years.

This is why virtually every other neurologist who studies it disagrees with him in his assessment of it missing a physiological component.
edit on 21-7-2017 by Abysha because: Goddamn phone...

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

He has a right to his professional opinions..

More of what he says..

On the other hand,” he said, “if these people are asked to clarify exactly what they believe, that is to say do they truly believe whichever of those above propositions applies to them and they say ‘no,’ then they know that such a proposition is not true, but that they ‘feel’ it, then what we are talking about scientifically, is just unhappiness, and that unhappiness is being accompanied by a wish -- that leads some people into taking hormones that predominate in the other sex, and even having cosmetic surgery designed to make them ‘appear’ as if they are a person of the opposite sex.” “The proper treatment of emotional unhappiness is not surgery,” said Dr. Berger. “Cosmetic surgery will not change the chromosomes of a human being. Cosmetic surgery will not make a man become a woman, capable of menstruating, ovulating, and having children. Cosmetic surgery will not make a woman into a man, capable of generating sperm that can unite with an egg or ovum from a woman and fertilize that egg to produce a human child.” “These are the scientific facts,” he said.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Among neurologists, he is a minority. He ignores every study on postmortem brains with gender dysphoria that has cone out in the last 10 years.

This is why virtually every other neurologist who studies it disagrees with him in his assessment of it missing a physiological component.

More info on Dr. Berger

Dr. Berger currently serves on the “Scientific Advisory Committee” for the controversial group, The National Association for Research & Therapy of Homosexuality (NARTH), which purports to turn gay people straight. Recently, on NARTH’ website, Dr. Berger posted a response to a San Francisco Chronicle article that explored gender issues in schools.

According to Dr. Berger: “I suggest, indeed, letting children who wish go to school in clothes of the opposite sex — but not counseling other children to not tease them or hurt their feelings,”

Dr. Berger wrote on NARTH’s website. “On the contrary, don’t interfere, and let the other children ridicule the child who has lost that clear boundary between play-acting at home and the reality needs of the outside world. Maybe, in this way, the child will re-establish that necessary boundary.”

Clearly, these reprehensible remarks place the welfare and well-being of children at risk. Taken to its logical conclusion, some of these youths will be verbally harassed and even physically abused.

TWO believes that Joseph Berger has confused therapy with thuggery and he should be investigated for unethical and unprofessional conduct. truthwinsout.org...

edit on 21-7-2017 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   
More on Dr. Berger

But Dr. Berger, a prominent Toronto psychiatrist, former professor of psychiatry, and an examiner of those wishing admission to the profession, told LifeSiteNews “such statements by large major organizations are political statements. They are not scientific.” Because homosexuality and transgenderism have become such a political “bandwagon,” he added, “people are not listening to those of us who present the actual science,” nor to many clients who “have changed from identifying themselves as homosexual to becoming comfortably heterosexual.”

Berger noted that treating homosexuality is neither novel nor radical. “It is traditional psychodynamic psychotherapy. … Those aware of the actual scientific literature know that the success rates are really quite good.”www.lifesitenews.com...

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join