It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEAR & UNbalanced: Confessions of a 14-Year Fox News Hitman

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I am now CONVINCED that you don't know what "on the record" means.

Is that the show with the oj lady..gretta something...???

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
All this proves is that whatever the person's base political beliefs are there exists a for profit broadcast or print business to serve that persons confirmation bias.

Phoenix

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I just can't help it:

Oh the shame. Obama wishes he could be this popular.

But on a serious note, KS, FOX has always been a corrupt stew of neocon apologist garbage.

And you do know (I hope) that Rupert Murdoch absolutely hates Trump with a passion. But as you may (or may not) know, Trump has Murdoch in a stranglehold. Murdoch knows that his audience is shifting from the 55+ audience to the young Libertarian/Hipster audience.

And more importantly, Murdoch knows that if he directs the content at FOX to be a Trump bashing fest, he will be in the same dungeon as CNN.

Murdoch is a globalist, and Trump has him in check mate baby!

edit on 7/13/2017 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

That is CLEARLY taking their words out of context. The verbiage wasn't the best, but that isn't saying what you are trying to prove.

Here it is in all its glory....

SCARBOROUGH: Exactly. That is exactly what I hear. What Yamiche [Alcindor] said is what I hear from all the Trump supporters that I talk to who were Trump voters and are still Trump supporters. They go, 'Yeah you guys are going crazy. He's doing -- what are you so surprised about? He is doing exactly what he said he is going to do.'
BRZEZINSKI: Well, I think that the dangerous, you know, edges here are that he is trying to undermine the media and trying to make up his own facts. And it could be that while unemployment and the economy worsens, he could have undermined the messaging so much that he can actually control exactly what people think. And that, that is our job.

lol
the fact that you posted how horrible fox is but take up for a msnbc host who told the world that her job is to control what people think is amazing

they can BOTH(fox and msnbc) be wrong

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Clickbaited..

I was hoping for stories of how a 14 year old was suffering from deep trauma from killing a bunch of people, instead it's an overly dramatic nothing burger.

(not surprisingly to me) no one posted it and discussed it here at ATS.

Because who visits medium.com?

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
the larger issue at hand isn't the confirmation bias offered by the networks but the politicians railing against stories they don't like, globally.
when fox news presented obama's birth certificate as reason for impeachment or portrayed benghazi as the worst tragedy to ever befall america obama didn't come out crying fake news or that you should only watch one station for your news.
when the bbc which is ran by ex young conservatives or sky news run by murdoch report on how badly brexit is going the conservatives answer is to call those channels unpatriotic.

it's rather telling however that some here rather than discuss the actual topic would rather cry about cnn using out of context youtube videos or a proven fraud for their own confirmation bias.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Like i said you're blind and deaf to the obvious manipulation from all the media. Well at least i tried btw another story is about to break very soon. I bet they are fake news again.

I don't think that is true. If you read the OP's responses I think that he(?) acknowledges this.

You and I are saying much the same thing, which is, that all media outlets do this. In fact, lots of people have said it, and gotten a more measured response. There is a difference between acknowledging the fact that Fox News absolutely participates in this, and deflecting from the fact that Fox News participates in this.

Ironically, considering the context of the thread, it's all in how you spin it I guess. You can be outraged and deflect, or try to move the conversation to something productive.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Again. That is out of context. She is speaking about how shaping public discourse is part of the media's job through reporting the truth. Not surprised you don't care about that nuance.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Sorry that the content of the thread didn't appeal to your confirmation biases. Maybe next time.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I learned from a family member who runs political campaigns on a local and state level the best way to find out the truth is to gather the story from as many sources as possible then find the things that are consistent in all of the sources and go from there. Generally they all have some tid bits of truth to cover their asses, but most put spin even the smaller online stuff. These days though most of what I see on TV has been less than helpful in trying to find many bits of consistency with other sources to go on.

I don't need anyone to admit that they're being deceitful I just use critical thinking and a wide array of sources to sort through the madness and usually I end up with something as close to the truth as we are allowed to know...And occasionally I see further than they'd like us to know...Contrary to what it seems like these leaks and such that come out are usually planned for not surprised in opsec for them. Having seen behind the political curtain enough times to know, they're not very bad at what they do...It just looks like it because it keeps up the theater. It's like how the bad guy always gets the best of the hero in the big fight when it begins if the hero always appeared to be winning it wouldn't hold our attentions and we would be looking behind the curtain more.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

She is speaking about how shaping public discourse is part of the media's job through reporting the truth.

You can thesaurus her words all you like; it still means the same thing.

The "medias" job and the "press's" job may not be the same thing.
Too bad you defend the "media" like it is the actual "press".

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Not a single one of you wants to acknowledge Fox News being an awful network

I did and you ignored it.

Actually I didn't. I read that weak ass admission that all networks do this, but I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt. So I was trying to have a friendly conversation with you at first but you decided to be an ass instead. You sow your own fate.

Look who is getting defensive now.

Doesn't surprise me that you didn't post this in the mud pit.

You can't ask people to look and see how terrible a thing is, if you can't do the same when asked of you.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

I'm only on the first page so far. Quite informative.

I quit watching Fox News once I realized that yeah, Hannity & Colmes was totally scripted so Colmes would always come out looking weaker. I quit watching 2006. Colmes left the show 2009.

BTW I didn't know Colmes died February 23, 2017. RIP

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

I don't know but you come off as this frothing at the mouth guy who jumps to attack anyone not lock step with what you say.

WOW! Just WOW!

The thread is about an article about FOX. Nothing to attack. It's an article. No sides. Nothing to be in lock-step about.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

So it's ok to point out the corruption within CNN in 20+ threads a day but this one thread about Fox News isn't needed? If all media does it then why not point it out? Or is it only acceptable to point it out if CNN is the one doing it?

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

What needs to be done is a push to teach critical thinking in schools instead of rote memorization. The country's sorry ass critical thinking skills are to blame for many of the nation's problems.

We'll agree to agree...just one of the many reasons why we opted to homeschool.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Dear lord this is comedy.

No crap Faux News is fake!! Just like the rest of the Mass Media garbage.

They have sheep to cater to, just depends on if you are dem or repub.

It's amazing that someone can clearly see how Fox News caters to its audience but is too blind to see how CNN doesn't do the same exact thing to its liberal audience. Dear lord... we Americans are as stupid as the world thinks..

edit on 13-7-2017 by Throes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Trump's been on CBN (Christian Broadcast News) quite a bit. There's a new interview with Pat Robertson.
Pat Robertson's Exclusive Interview with Donald Trump
I haven't seen it yet. I thought it wouldn't be broadcast 'til Sunday.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

It was obvious he was getting agitated...He even explained why in his reply which I can understand and won't hold against him. I don't think he needs you to try and defend him either.

Just posting my observations and trying to give a little perspective...Which never hurts especially with as heated as these political conversations get.

Edit: BTW don't know if you noticed but I agreed with his OP and am happy he shared it so more people who haven't realized yet can see for themselves.
edit on 13-7-2017 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Nobody is stopping him, he can post whatever he wants. Just like how we can recieve it how we want. Freedom and all that.

But considering the click bait title, and the tone in which we presented his OP, as if it was some revelation nobody knew about (and even scared about?), and thought it would help swing the pendulum away from his narrative (which it doesn't). Clearly OP had an agenda.

I say the responses he has received is fair.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join