It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEAR & UNbalanced: Confessions of a 14-Year Fox News Hitman

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
As a media person...

It's not like we don't target our programming to selected demographics. It's a business platform to hang advertising on just like all TV. Bread and Circus, no matter how you slice it...believe me.

Do you honestly think the MSM is so stupid as to not take advantage of the moods and swings of American culture. It's about profit, ratings and market share. Grow the **** up.

edit on 13-7-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Think we all know any news is probly half truths and pushed agendas

If we forced over the air news to not lie what do u think would happen

My bet is right before the 12 hr block of live news theres little fine print saying "for entertainment purposes only"

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
In THIS thread...

"ALL news is fake...Well...EXCEPT when it proves MY conservative agenda!!!"

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

In a post in another thread, someone basically said that (in reference to Rachel Maddow) one should look past the snarkiness and sarcasm and only look at the facts that she proposes. Should we not do the same thing in all situations? Either that, or just ignore the news outlets like FoxNews or MSNBC altogether, as they really don't matter when it come to relaying factual information in an easy-to-digest pill.

The thing about the Rachel Maddow show is the time-slot; right when Washington Post and New York Times has finished writing the next day's stories. Plus, when NBC Investigative journalists have their stories properly sourced and vetted, she gets to present them. I happen to like the way she presents the stories.

As far as the morning talk shows like Morning Joe and AM Joy, I don't care for the chatty format. They're good for listening for Key Words, such as names and dates, which then can be used for web searches. And yes, there is a difference between hard news and opinion.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

RACHEL doesn't have "panels". Maybe a guest...

But her show is JUST her...usually. She runs a different format than most.

Good? Bad? IDK.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
As a media person...

It's not like we don't target our programming to selected demographics. It's a business platform to hang advertising on just like all TV. Bread and Circus, no matter how you slice it...believe me.

Do you honestly think the MSM is so stupid as to not take advantage of the moods and swings of American culture. It's about profit, ratings and market share. Grow the **** up.

There was a time though when journalistic integrity meant something that didn't have anything to do with catering to selected demographics for profit, quite the opposite actually. So, I guess journalistic integrity doesn't really mean anything at all anymore come to think of it.

Where I am from "growing up" usually has more to do with behaving ethically and standing by your word than giving into cynicism in order to make a buck.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Yes, freedom, no one was trying to take his away so I don't know why you brought that up.

Anyways, this thread is just a reflection of the threads about CNN, they're no different from one another so saying this one is "sad" but not the hundreds of other threads about CNN is a bit disingenuous.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

I like the format. Personal taste, I suppose. Dramatic, breathtaking presentation (almost melodramatic); the knowing look, dramatic pause, tapping pencil.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

I find it somewhat refreshing...

These SQUABBLING "panels" annoy me. Just give me INFO plz!

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Nobody is stopping him, he can post whatever he wants. Just like how we can recieve it how we want. Freedom and all that.

But considering the click bait title, and the tone in which we presented his OP,

Click bait title? If you had read the article you'd know that is a quote from the Fox News Consultant. I didn't write that title. Tone I presented it? You mean in a casual and friendly manner while disseminating the info from the article piece by piece without actually insulting or belitting any groups of people? Yea I can see how that would be insulting...

as if it was some revelation nobody knew about (and even scared about?),

Yeah. Clearly only CNN's duplicitous nature is supposed to be talked about. Fox News should be ignored at all costs.

and thought it would help swing the pendulum away from his narrative (which it doesn't). Clearly OP had an agenda.

I say the responses he has received is fair.

No surprise from you there. You were only looking to troll anyways since you didn't read the article and apparently being friendly is insulting to you.
edit on 13-7-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

As a media person...

Realizing reality and agreeing with the ethicacy of this behavior are two different things.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: redhorse

As a media person...

There was a time though when journalistic integrity meant something that didn't have anything to do with catering to selected demographics for profit, quite the opposite actually. So, I guess journalistic integrity doesn't really mean anything at all anymore come to think of it.

Where I am from "growing up" usually has more to do with behaving ethically and standing by your word than giving into cynicism in order to make a buck.

I think Capitalism and journalistic integrity is a contradiction in terms. Sorry to be so cynical but working in the "biz" engenders it and I have to make a living somehow. I'm in the studio now. Cudos to ATS for the inspiration for future content!!!!

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Repeating myself here....

If you are unhappy with the state of "news" programming...do what Alex Jones did and start your own platform thru public access....now a multi million dollar empire.

If a dip **** like Jones can do it, so can you.

www.celtx.com...

dapulse.com... &gclid=Cj0KCQjwtJzLBRC7ARIsAGMkOAl7qmuTImfA05hH2dS-Ty1oKQrNxrsQq4kSMf9QKYkE_fKxSY8Lm48aAidoEALw_wcB

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I was going to say the same thing. Fox news has fired employees from the top down and paid millions in out of court settlements! CNN well not so much.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Why is the answer to start my own business? Can't I demand journalistic integrity using the traditional economic factors of supply and demand?

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Why is the answer to start my own business? Can't I demand journalistic integrity using the traditional economic factors of supply and demand?

Of course you can demand anything you want. But it's been my experience that if I want a sandwich, it's best that I go in the kitchen and make one. Demanding has little effect.

btw....I don't believe in S&D either in this age of speculation. I don't like arguing with you... you're one of the few people on this site I respect!

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I'm not trying to argue. I'm just having a discussion. I'm not denouncing your ideas or anything, just getting you to explain yourself a bit more thoroughly and offering a few counter points to help flesh things out.

Though. My solution is for schools to teach more critical thinking in class instead of rote memorization. It's that blind acceptance of what you are told by teachers that instills the idea to blindly listen to the media without questioning. If we break that cycle then things will change naturally.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I'll be honest, I didn't read the entire OP, because when you said it was "no surprise" how this wasn't brought to ATS yet, it felt like you were trying to insinuate that people were deliberately avoiding it or something, which set the tone for the rest of the OP for me.

I didn't make it much further, I did skim through it and read parts here and there. But if you didn't come up with that title yourself, then I apologize because it was definitely clickbaity and I was dissapointed when it wasn't what I thought it was.

edit on 13-7-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

I have to give you props for admitting your mistake. That isn't done enough on ATS these days. Kudos.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The amount of deflection in this thread is astounding. This is about Fox News, not CNN. Nobody is denying that the MSM is full of lies.This feels like when people keep deflecting to Hillary, derailing threads.
Very little discussion on the OP.
Stay classy.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join