It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEAR & UNbalanced: Confessions of a 14-Year Fox News Hitman

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Sublimecraft

It is easy to see this stuff when you know the tactics. I barely watch Fox News and I've seen it and even suspected it before I read this article. It's very in your face on Fox.

So when you watched CNN it wasn't in your face? Clarke vs Lemon comes to mind. This makes no sense.

That's STILL not CNN saying something on the record like you promised. It is just a video that you want me to speculate that they do the same things as Fox News.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I provided the Project Veritas video and you dismissed it because for some odd reason you don't want to accept it as proof. It's your problem not mine. A taped conversation counts as on the record btw or do you seriously want to discuss semantics next?

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

So, basically, everything that anyone paying attention already knows?

The same thing goes for all of the 24-hour news channels, just the roles are reversed to varying degrees. This is the sh*t show that is 24-hour news. Anyone still kidding themselves that these are all journalists doing journalist things are willfully ignorant, IMO.

I have not had a 24-hour news channel cross any of my screens willingly in probably 4 years at this point, and I'm a better man for it.

I'm kind of loath to go there, but Fox News is a favorite outlet of Trump and if these allegations are true it doesn't go a long way to establish the credibility he is trying to sell to the public by always going on or retweeting Fox and Friends (one of the programs mentioned in the article). Just saying.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I provided the Project Veritas video and you dismissed it because for some odd reason you don't want to accept it as proof. It's your problem not mine. A taped conversation counts as on the record btw or do you seriously want to discuss semantics next?

That taped conversation isn't admitting to fake news though. It's a guy saying that there is a lot of bs out there and they don't know what is really true or not. Sure you can TAKE it to mean what you think it means, but that requires a few assumptions and leaps in logic. It certainly isn't admitting to doing the same tactics that Fox News is accused of doing in the OP article though.
edit on 13-7-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Here you go again.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

a reply to: redhorse

Yeah. It's scary in its application.

Exactly. For Fox News they profit the angrier that their audience becomes.

I will say that I think that the really scary part, and the productive conversation we should be having should definitely revolve around the fact that these tactics to varying degrees are used by all of those news outlets. The question is, why? Is it greed, as in, just finding a niche and catering to specific demographic for profit? Or is there something else...? I know people on ATS debate on and on about how The Powers That Be have a social engineering stake in media. I think that they do, and there is an agenda, but it's probably not quite as controlled as people imagine, more... symbiotic. There is much to be gained from feeding an agenda to the public through those mass media outlets, and the news organizations, all of them are part of that machine.
edit on 13-7-2017 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

The only evidence I got for that is what I see with my own 2 eyes and hear with my own 2 ears. Whenever I flip on the news, which is pretty rare these days, I see the same strategies your OP outlines on every major network. The opposition is chosen to look a certain way and they usually suck at making their case against the host. The topics have tons of spin which can be seen looking at the coverage of the topic on multiple sources. To me it's obvious so I don't really go looking for proof ya know?

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Here you go again.

I am now CONVINCED that you don't know what "on the record" means.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

That taped conversation isn't admitting to fake news though. It's a guy saying that there is a lot of bs out there and they don't know what is really true or not. Sure you can TAKE it to mean what you think it means, but that requires a few assumptions and leaps in logic. It certainly isn't admitting to doing the same tactics that Fox News is accused of doing in the OP article though.

Are you serious? You believe one guy trashtalking Fox news but still choose to ignore countless records from CNN doing shady things right in front of the camera.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

To me it's obvious so I don't really go looking for proof ya know?

That is a terrible mentality to have. In the world of science you have to prove even the most obvious things because things are almost never how they appear in reality.

BTW: I just want you to know that I don't even watch CNN. Or really any 24 hour news network. I get most of my news from online news sources like WaPo and with them I make sure I understand when I'm reading an "analysis" article versus a factual one. Reading is the best way to absorb information since you can process it at your own pace instead of the pace of the picture scrolling in front of you.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
We all have our internal filters for data .I have yet to find another human being I agree with 100% let alone a news outlet I believe 50% of the time . They are a business and are selling so filtering out what they want to see and take in the important data helps create my world view .

Some watch the Daily Show while others watch the Simpsons . We can be entertained which is what most of it is now a days for me ...down right funny watching CNN heads explode . They report some facts like Fox but they also sell their own spin .CNN audiences gobble up their spin while FOX audiences do the same . I prefer alternative sources ...But yea FOX=BAD

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Strange i'm convinced you don't know what that means either.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Strange i'm convinced you don't know what that means either.

on the record

If you say something on the record, you state it publicly:
None of the company directors were prepared to comment on the record yesterday.

As I've been saying from post 1, "on the record" means a statement from the company itself.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

In a post in another thread, someone basically said that (in reference to Rachel Maddow) one should look past the snarkiness and sarcasm and only look at the facts that she proposes. Should we not do the same thing in all situations? Either that, or just ignore the news outlets like FoxNews or MSNBC altogether, as they really don't matter when it come to relaying factual information in an easy-to-digest pill.

I guess that Trump's affection toward FoxNews is expected--he's a (sort of) Republican, and FoxNews is the only known major news outlet to cater to the right's point of view on topics. But I disregard this and try to just look for the facts.

But I understand your concern and application of the guilt-by-association approach. I hated how much of a media darling Obama allowed himself to be, to the point of obvious collusion on many topics and events that went down during his presidency. I don't like it when ANY politician is in bed with the media--IMO, the media should generally have a distrust in politicians, including the president. But that healthy--key word being "healthy"--skepticism is long gone. I loathe that reality, but I have decided that it is the reality and that there's nothing I can do to change it, so I must ignore the stupidity that surrounds it instead.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

That is CLEARLY taking their words out of context. The verbiage wasn't the best, but that isn't saying what you are trying to prove.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

In a post in another thread, someone basically said that (in reference to Rachel Maddow) one should look past the snarkiness and sarcasm and only look at the facts that she proposes. Should we not do the same thing in all situations? Either that, or just ignore the news outlets like FoxNews or MSNBC altogether, as they really don't matter when it come to relaying factual information in an easy-to-digest pill.

That's what I do. I don't like opinionated news and feel like it sours the experience. People shouldn't be telling you what opinions to have. I read my news and try to stay away from blog articles or analysis articles and when I read them I make a note that this is someone's opinion and not factual news in my head.

I guess that Trump's affection toward FoxNews is expected--he's a (sort of) Republican, and FoxNews is the only known major news outlet to cater to the right's point of view on topics. But I disregard this and try to just look for the facts.

But I understand your concern and application of the guilt-by-association approach. I hated how much of a media darling Obama allowed himself to be, to the point of obvious collusion on many topics and events that went down during his presidency. I don't like it when ANY politician is in bed with the media--IMO, the media should generally have a distrust in politicians, including the president. But that healthy--key word being "healthy"--skepticism is long gone. I loathe that reality, but I have decided that it is the reality and that there's nothing I can do to change it, so I must ignore the stupidity that surrounds it instead.

What needs to be done is a push to teach critical thinking in schools instead of rote memorization. The country's sorry ass critical thinking skills are to blame for many of the nation's problems.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Like i said you're blind and deaf to the obvious manipulation from all the media. Well at least i tried btw another story is about to break very soon. I bet they are fake news again.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Couldn't resist a final slap in the face huh? You'd probably make a great Fox News contributor.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I would be terrible at my job because i never lie.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join