It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEAR & UNbalanced: Confessions of a 14-Year Fox News Hitman

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: NowanKenubi
a reply to: Perfectenemy

I don't quite get what you mean... I believe in fairy tales?

I only mention Fox because I heard that about them, and never heard the other ones asking for a licence in Canada.

For me, all media agencies are fake news. Pretty much everywhere in the world.

Okay maybe i exaggerated a little but was there ever a case in canada that this fake news law was used in a trial? I'm just curious.
edit on 13-7-2017 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

I didn't ignore it. It isn't what you promised me. I watched it and it is just a standard propaganda video. I don't see claims about how arguments are pre-scripted or female hosts have to be sexy. Conservative hosts have to be dumb and have terrible talking points. None of that. Just the usual CNN is biased stuff that you guys are trying to pass off like it is some horrible crime against humanity.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Not a single one of you wants to acknowledge Fox News being an awful network

I did and you ignored it.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

Not a single one of you wants to acknowledge Fox News being an awful network

I did and you ignored it.

Actually I didn't. I read that weak ass admission that all networks do this, but I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt. So I was trying to have a friendly conversation with you at first but you decided to be an ass instead. You sow your own fate.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

From your article:

But now that he is gone, it’s time to be real and tell the truth

LOL!

I have to wonder who this guy is getting money from to spread this stuff in the way he is coloring it. I have an idea.

Common sense tells me that all news channels are scripted. If someone goes off script, they conveniently, as in the case of CNN, suddenly have "technical difficulties".

Real journalism is dead. You have to dig for truth nowadays and mine several sources and then do some background research. It has become exhausting.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I read more into it and apparently what I said is.. FAKE NEWS!!! :/

It was about foreigners owning a station in Canada...

Though it is true about the regulations to broadcast only the truth in Canada, I saw them lie often here.

Sorry about that. My bad.

edit on 13-7-2017 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Calm down man...I already said they're all bad...Fox is scripted, CNN scripted too, MSNBC yea still infotainment fake as crap, abc, CBS, all the same. In case you don't realize you come off really hostile when in reality I am agreeing with you. Is it that I don't wanna join your side and share the same views as you on politics or whatever? Is it arguing with other members that's got you all riled up? I don't know but you come off as this frothing at the mouth guy who jumps to attack anyone not lock step with what you say. I just hope you realize both sides in this case suck and neither benefit you.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Well I'm irked that everyone demands I talk about CNN when I specifically wrote this thread about Fox News. CNN is discussed all the time. This thread is about the inner workings of Fox News, NOT the overall mentality of network news these days. So if I'm irked it's because you guys are carrying my thread off topic. I don't see you demanding in threads that call out CNN that those people accept that Fox News does this too. No those are all just CNN bash fests.
edit on 13-7-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Well, I'm not surprised here. Although, I think it is fair to say that most news organizations in the United States use similar tactics to cater to the biases and, I suppose manipulate, their target audience.

CNN for example, (since it has been brought up) has a broader demographic appeal overall, so they have to be more sophisticated and careful in how they go about this; sneakier if you will. Fox News has an extremely frustrated and even angry audience, which causes them to be, as a group myopic and biased, so Fox News doesn't have to dress up the confirmation bias that they are selling. They just don't care what anyone else thinks; the only opinions that matter are angry, white men. Which are, legion so it was a pretty smart move as far as catering to a niche market. Huge demand that requires little effort. The more they are a proverbial bull in a china shop the more attentive their audience gets.

edit on 13-7-2017 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: keenmachine
I don't dispute any of it, don't know how I would any way. I'm not surprised. Had this been a claim at how CNN works would you have done a thread on it? nah you wouldn't have. I'm sure if I checked the threads dedicated to CNN's false reporting or their threatening of a guy who made a meme you are there defending their position(though I haven't checked just a hunch). As mentioned before I'm sure to you veritas video is manipulated, edited and taken out of context. But I won't do that here cause to be honest if this is the truth it should surprise no one.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

for a second i thought that was a link of you also exposing cnn.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

Yeah. It's scary in its application.

link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

We see sides to elect...They see a club of people who can get what they want and work together to do exactly that. Only what they want has nothing to do with what the rest of us want. It truly is like WWE...They go and talk crap and fight and stab each other in the back for the viewers then go backstage and chat and talk about how good their performances were and what they could do better next time...Or maybe getting together to go fishing next weekend. Before we can gain any wins as a citizenry we need to figure out how to beat the political system that is against us in the the first place.

link   

I'd consider this an accurate assessment - especially all the O'Reilly stuff. The womenz are all hot, and smart, and conservative. The liberal contributors are tame - take Juan Williams, he's an established stand-in for the left and is a somewhat toothless tiger on The Five with Jesse always getting the final say.

I can see the script as described in the OP in virtually all their programming.

For me at least, I have seen and been aware of this business strategy since 2001 when I subscribed to paid-TV and began my CNN/Fox/BBC/MSNBC/ABC journey. All those outlets use variations of the same strategy so as to appeal to their respective customer bases so it appears that, from a profit-generating perspective, it works.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

It is easy to see this stuff when you know the tactics. I barely watch Fox News and I've seen it and even suspected it before I read this article. It's very in your face on Fox.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

That's understandable, but can you see how they're all related? They all literally do the same damn thing. It's like the how to use your network for dummies manual is on all of their desks. Yes you made a thread on Fox news and I like that you brought this here for people to see it's not just the left leaning sites but right too, however let's just call it how it is...They're all crap and that's the real problem.

Side note: We all know that you lean left and hate trump so when you approach people's posts about CNN that way to most it looks like you don't want to acknowledge CNN is just as bad...And down we go into partisan bickering. Same as how those posting about CNN just want to try and defend their side and deflect from FOX news being fake and horrible. I think being accepting that they all suck will be much more productive here and stem a whole lot of arguments and derailments of your thread.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Wow. Just freaking wow. I'm cringing in shame for this guy... mostly because he has know shame and wouldn't know it if it smacked him upside the head!

In fact, when Fox hired my dear friend WWE Superstar John “JBL” Layfield as a paid contributor (at my recommendation) I chuckled to myself every time JBL and I would perform on our weekly show “Bulls & Bears”…it was too perfect.

By his own admission -- to the extent we can believe an admitted "performer" -- he's a knowing and willing lying liar and can't wait to tell the whole world about it. And then what? Get pats on the back for his nobility and honor? No! Just no!!!

He doesn't even think it's wrong. Just a big belly laugh -- hardeeharhar!!! Look at how easy we made asses out of our audience! Aren't we so clever and powerful???

But I'm not surprised. You probably don't remember this, KS, but we had a conversation a long while back about Fox so I took a gander to see for myself... and it was more pitiable than you even described it. And I haven't watched again. (But then I don't watch any cable news. I just read my news from as many sources as possible.)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Sublimecraft

It is easy to see this stuff when you know the tactics. I barely watch Fox News and I've seen it and even suspected it before I read this article. It's very in your face on Fox.

So when you watched CNN it wasn't in your face? Clarke vs Lemon comes to mind. This makes no sense.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Everybody likes to hate on Fox News, especially the liberal rags and other so-called "news" stations. It is just the way it is.

Fox, in general, is not in lockstep with the rest of them and tends to throw a monkey wrench in the prescribed narrative of the day, so, naturally they get slammed the most.

This guy, Tobin Smith, who always gave me the vibe of a weasel, is writing a gd book, for heaven's sake. What sells? Dirt. So, what does he do? He waits till Ailes is dead, then writes a dirt-filled book quoting conversations that are impossible to substantiate! $$$$$$$$$$

(BTW, what is his obsession with cleavage?)

edit on 13-7-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

That's understandable, but can you see how they're all related? They all literally do the same damn thing. It's like the how to use your network for dummies manual is on all of their desks. Yes you made a thread on Fox news and I like that you brought this here for people to see it's not just the left leaning sites but right too, however let's just call it how it is...They're all crap and that's the real problem.

I can see how there is bias behind every news organization, but the allegations about Fox News in this article are a BIT more extreme than standard partisan bias or conflating hyperbolic opinion with factual information. If you are going to say CNN or other networks engage in the behavior in the OP too then I want to see evidence. You know Deny Ignorance?

Side note: We all know that you lean left and hate trump so when you approach people's posts about CNN that way to most it looks like you don't want to acknowledge CNN is just as bad...And down we go into partisan bickering. Same as how those posting about CNN just want to try and defend their side and deflect from FOX news being fake and horrible. I think being accepting that they all suck will be much more productive here and stem a whole lot of arguments and derailments of your thread.

All I did was ask for the poster to prove his claim that CNN is on the record for doing the same things in the OP. Then THAT poster got combative with me for asking; yet you guys are framing me like I'M the bad guy for trying to hold the poster accountable for his claims. "On the record" has a specific meaning when you say it. It is HARD proof of something because it is a testimony from the source itself on its own behavior. So if you tell me that CNN is on the record for doing these extreme tactics that Fox News does then I want to see that record. Why does that make me the bad guy?
edit on 13-7-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

So, basically, everything that anyone paying attention already knows?

The same thing goes for all of the 24-hour news channels, just the roles are reversed to varying degrees. This is the sh*t show that is 24-hour news. Anyone still kidding themselves that these are all journalists doing journalist things are willfully ignorant, IMO.

I have not had a 24-hour news channel cross any of my screens willingly in probably 4 years at this point, and I'm a better man for it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join