It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man arrested in machete attack at KY college told Repub student 'you are safe'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: SirHardHarry

Confirmed Trump supporter: www.facebook.com...

Is this an act of terrorism since his attacks were based off of political affiliations?

Terrorism...or a hate crime? Nah, he's a white guy, and was

charged with first- and fourth-degree assault and three counts of first-degree wanton endangerment.

Really?

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Well,

He needs to use his words.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Took them 6 years to refer to Ft Hood as terrorism and not work place violence.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Is this an act of terrorism since his attacks were based off of political affiliations?

It seems it may have been an act of lashing out after being bullied.

In November 2015, the Transy campus newspaper, The Rambler, published a letter from a student named Mitchell Adkins who complained that he was harassed on campus because he was a Republican.

“Being a Republican in this school makes me such a minority that I’ve had to face discrimination on a daily basis,” Adkins wrote in that letter. “Transylvania is a predominantly Democratic school. I’m always happy to listen to other people’s opinions, but as soon as I give my own, I’m called a ‘bigot,’ an ‘a----le,’ some even go as far as ‘fascist Nazi.’”

“With the election of (Republican) Matt Bevin as governor, I’ve become even more of a target for people claiming that I’m ‘responsible for ruining this country’ and that, somehow, I’m an evil person for what would make this state great,” he wrote.

Read more here: www.kentucky.com...=cpy

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I am not defending his actions, but it seems he tried. He even wrote a piece for the paper talking about it. Liberals kept attacking him, saying he was a Nazi because he was a Republican.

Liberals will be the first to tell you emotional trauma is worse than physical ... yet they had no problem visiting that emotional trauma on this kid, then get surprised when he mentally breaks from it.
edit on 29-4-2017 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: SirHardHarry
So much for crazy liberals; here we might have a someone on the right side of the isle taking ideas right out of ISIS' playbook.

Yeah someone...
An individual...
Not a group think tank out on the streets assaulting people by the hundreds.
Do you understand the difference?
There are lunatics on both sides. It just so happens the majority reside on the left.
What's your point?

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

It seems it may have been an act of lashing out after being bullied.

In November 2015, the Transy campus newspaper, The Rambler, published a letter from a student named Mitchell Adkins who complained that he was harassed on campus because he was a Republican.

“Being a Republican in this school makes me such a minority that I’ve had to face discrimination on a daily basis,” Adkins wrote in that letter. “Transylvania is a predominantly Democratic school. I’m always happy to listen to other people’s opinions, but as soon as I give my own, I’m called a ‘bigot,’ an ‘a----le,’ some even go as far as ‘fascist Nazi.’”

“With the election of (Republican) Matt Bevin as governor, I’ve become even more of a target for people claiming that I’m ‘responsible for ruining this country’ and that, somehow, I’m an evil person for what would make this state great,” he wrote.

Same victim mentality that can be seen here on ATS among trump supporters ..genocide on white straight males etc .

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

An individual who was bullied by liberals and called a Nazi and hated. Someone who tried to talk to the liberals, even writing a piece for the newspaper, all to no avail and the torrent of liberal hate continued.

While what he did is wrong, what do liberals expect to happen? It's obvious they think they are the only ones worthy of an opinion, or free speech, or acting out.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
John Wayne Gacey was a democrat Ted Bundy was a republican. I'm sure there are crazies all over the poltical spectrum.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

It's not a mentality, he WAS a victim, in the same way a little girl who hurts herself because of mental abuse by her peers calling her fat and ugly is a victim.

In fact, if that girl went after those bullying her most liberals would cheer her.

I guess bullying only matters for some demographics.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

That's absurd. People want to act like there's not groups of right wingers throwing punches too? ANTIFA isn't knocking themselves around. Both sides are being idiots. I can own that there's people that share my ideology acting like fking lunatics. Why can't any of you?

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

Is he a crazy? Or is he a victim, who was bullied, and then physically assaulted by liberals until he was pushed over the egde?

“The constant thought of knowing I’d never fit in was too much for me to bear. I moved back home and started trade school in a place where I thought I fit in,” he wrote. “Despite the fact I left my past behind me, my present was too much for a friend to handle. I was very recently assaulted and literally thrown from his property after the mention of my support for Trump.”

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

There are. After reading about this kid I just don't think he is one. I think we could take an almost identical situation, and you would have an entirely different opinion because it's a demographic you care about rather than despise.
edit on 29-4-2017 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

No Antifa seems to get thoroughly stomped when folks have had enough of their #.

I'd gladly punch them in their #ing faces too.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Politics is getting nasty on both sides of the spectrum the more both sides get nasty the more extreme each side will become in their reaction to each other.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

originally posted by: SirHardHarry
So much for crazy liberals; here we might have a someone on the right side of the isle taking ideas right out of ISIS' playbook.

Yeah someone...
An individual...
Not a group think tank out on the streets assaulting people by the hundreds.
There are lunatics on both sides. It just so happens the majority reside on the left.
What's your point?

Got it. So, if it's a Republican it's just an "individual" but otherwise the majority of crazies are on the left? Got it.

Do you understand the difference?

I do.

But a lot of people don't, especially here. The point? That many people feel their side/belief system/affiliation is largely without blame, which is evident by your comment saying the majority is the left.

THAT'S the point. Thanks for proving it.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Is he a crazy? Or is he a victim, who was bullied, and then physically assaulted by liberals until he was pushed over the egde?

One could easily make that same argument for terrorists: having been "bullied" and d*cked over by the west for so long, they lash out against those who they perceive as the object of their pain.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

This is less that and more akin to the fat girl who gets bullied at school and kills herself.

This kid was bullied until he ended up seeking help in a mental hospital, then quit school, and then was physically assaulted. All because he was a Republican.

He reached out, wrote an article, no matter what he did the hate wouldn't stop.

You can only spew hate on someone for so long until they break. He broke.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

It's not a mentality, he WAS a victim,

So you're pulling the victim card? I'm sure that's the card he's using too.

"Sniff, sniff, they just wouldn't leave me alone..."

That is NOT a justification.

Personal responsibility for one's actions, not shifting blame or crying "victim."
edit on 29-4-2017 by SirHardHarry because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Sorry, no you can't. The kid living down the street born and raised in America who blows himself up because the prophet wants him to was never in the ME to begin with.

Reach harder.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join