It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man arrested in machete attack at KY college told Repub student 'you are safe'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
From the sounds of his post on Buzzfeed, this kid was censored and bullied by his fellow students, which he blames on his dropping out and landing in a mental hospital.

Update: it's since been 4 months since I've dropped out of this college. The constant bullying and lack of friends drove me to an overdose, a trip to the hospital, and two trips to a mental hospital. The constant thought of knowing I'd never fit in was too much for me to bear. I moved back home and started trade school in a place where I thought I fit in. Despite the face I left my past behind me, my present was too much for a friend to handle. I was very recently assaulted and literally thrown from his property after the mention of my support for Trump. But the story has a happy ending. I've realized that some people will be stupid, unintelligent bastards, but they're not at all the people I want to surround myself with. Dropping out of college was hard, but it made me realize that I'm here for myself, and I need to learn to ignore the occasional plagues of society so I can better myself and make sure to never stoop to their level.

Buzzfeed

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

He was later physically assaulted too because he was not liberal.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Nobody tried to understand my point of view.

Nobody tried to listen to my words and reflect on them.

Nobody tried to respond respectfully and continue the debate.

From his Buzzfeed essay.

Newsflash: no one is obligated to do any of those things.

Grab a tissue and grow up.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: underwerks

The Christian group it is affiliated with has been ultra liberal for decades.

Says a ultra-right wing religious news site who calls the church "liberal" for allowing gay people.

And that isn't the school, that's the church. The school is filled with people from all kinds of political and religious backgrounds. It was majority right wing when I was there.

Its not as if you have to be a member of that particular denomination or believe the same to go there.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
leftists don't hold the franchise on weak and cowardly people.

I'm glad no one was seriously injured.

Punish the asshole.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

It would be a great, healing thing if people could realize this across the board and could learn to expand it to societal proportions.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: SirHardHarry

No, but when you don't, and instead bash someone non stop and verbally abuse them to the point they end up in a mental hospital, don't be surprised when it comes back to bite you in the ass.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

You said it was affiliated with a conservative christian church. It's not, it's one of the most liberal church's around.

I posted a review of someone saying it's VERY liberal, and if you are a conservative you will be greatly outnumbered.

Your assessment of the campus was off, it's fine, it happens to us all.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I can't believe people are actually defending this dude because he was "bullied."

I would say I've been bullied, too, but I was the one putting kids in trash cans so yeah.

How about dude grows a pair.

Since when does bullying warrant attempted murder, and since when is it a justifiable reason?

We truly live in a nation full of hypersensitive babies. "You bullied me, so I'm going to attack you with a machete!"

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Still, there is no excuse for engageing in assault with a deadly weapon. Of course the angle it was his right-wing or political affiliation that led him to commit some kind of terrorism will be used to the full extent.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

He wasn't censored.

No one wanted to be his friend because of his very strong conservative belief and values, which others didn't hold, so people didn't talk to him.

While he says he was bullied, and gave examples of words that could be considered bullying, he gives neither context nor examples.

Basically, no one wanted to be his friend because of his very extreme conservative beliefs, is what it sounds like.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

It would be a great, healing thing if people could realize this across the board and could learn to expand it to societal proportions.

I agree. What this kid did was wrong, but it was another kind of wrong that created the hurt that this kid was unable to cope with.

I do not care what your political beliefs are. Bullying is wrong.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Please don't act like you don't continuously blanket the Left in negative connotation.

link   
Sounds like the standard M.O. of reverse claim-blame left wing nutcase to make the right wing get the label of crazy they see in the mirror every day. I do mean the reporter of the story not the perp.
edit on 29-4-2017 by tkwasny because: Addition

link   

originally posted by: SirHardHarry

While he says he was bullied, and gave examples of words that could be considered bullying, he gives neither context nor examples.

Complete lie.

I was at lunch when someone told me Bevin was elected, and my cheer of pride was met with looks of disgust and hatred,” he wrote. “People left the table, saying things along the lines of I was responsible for ruining this state and country, that my political opinion was wrong just because it was different. I have never been afraid to share my opinion, but being in this college has made me reluctant due to the backlash which I know is inevitable.

Read more here: www.kentucky.com...=cpy

Him being happy Bevin won caused people to be nasty and bully him.

I was very recently assaulted and literally thrown from his property after the mention of my support for Trump.

Read more here: www.kentucky.com...=cpy

Him being a Trump supporter caused him to be physically assaulted.

He gives both context and examples.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
From the sounds of his post on Buzzfeed, this kid was censored and bullied by his fellow students, which he blames on his dropping out and landing in a mental hospital.

Update: it's since been 4 months since I've dropped out of this college. The constant bullying and lack of friends drove me to an overdose, a trip to the hospital, and two trips to a mental hospital. The constant thought of knowing I'd never fit in was too much for me to bear. I moved back home and started trade school in a place where I thought I fit in. Despite the face I left my past behind me, my present was too much for a friend to handle. I was very recently assaulted and literally thrown from his property after the mention of my support for Trump. But the story has a happy ending. I've realized that some people will be stupid, unintelligent bastards, but they're not at all the people I want to surround myself with. Dropping out of college was hard, but it made me realize that I'm here for myself, and I need to learn to ignore the occasional plagues of society so I can better myself and make sure to never stoop to their level.

Buzzfeed

The terms "triggered," "snowflake," and "safe space," comes to mind.

This kid was bullied - couldn't handle the reality of a cold, harsh society - so decides he's going to attempt to murder some folks because they're not aligned with his political beliefs.

NO ONE - but himself - forced him to overdose. You can call me whatever you like, but I have no pity for this sorry POS.

He's an attempted murderer.

I have to ask - which is worse?

Bullying or attempted murder?

Nation full of sissies.

He was literally thrown from his own property for mentioning he supports Trump? Three sides to every story. So, instead of contacting the authorities regarding unwanted visitors being on his property - he instead goes and tries to murder some innocent civilians and then plays the "poor whittle me," card because he had been bullied.

My girlfriend was raped when she was 17 and I don't see her running around with a machete because she was taken advantage of. My girlfriend has a larger pair of gonads than this joker.

link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

You said it was affiliated with a conservative christian church. It's not, it's one of the most liberal church's around.

I posted a review of someone saying it's VERY liberal, and if you are a conservative you will be greatly outnumbered.

Your assessment of the campus was off, it's fine, it happens to us all.

I never said once in this thread its affiliated with a conservative Christian church. Maybe you want to read back through.

link   

originally posted by: SirHardHarry

He wasn't censored.

No one wanted to be his friend because of his very strong conservative belief and values, which others didn't hold, so people didn't talk to him.

Basically, no one wanted to be his friend because of his very extreme conservative beliefs, is what it sounds like.

He wrote he received aggression and belittling due to his political beliefs. That's garden-variety censorship.

I don't think the kid was all there, and was probably prone to exaggerating, but if what he says is true, it looks like he snapped and broke with reality.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

I cannot disagree.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I have said over and over what he did was wrong.

But it doesn't matter what you are bullied about, people will crack. This only has to do with him being a conservative because that is what he was bullied over.

If a black girl assaulted white people because white people verbally and physically assaulted her for being a 'n-word', no one would say oh wow another crazy black person. They would recognize this is an issue of bullying, with the WHITE PEOPLE (liberals in this case) creating the situation, and would feel empathy towards the black girl.
edit on Sun Apr 30 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: censors

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join