It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mike Flynn Offers to Testify in Exchange for Immunity - The Wall Street Journal

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
... and I have to say ... no wonder they've been desperately trying to muddy the water with accusations against the Obama Administration ... they had to know this was coming.

Yes, that is exactly what they were doing, I'm surprised to hear someone else on here come to the same conclusion.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
For everyone that is eager to jump on the "he has something on Obama" bandwagon ... again, why would he seek immunity for HIMSELF.

The argument hat he's afraid of "political prosecution" doesn't wash. The Trump Justice Department would be the prosecution.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DrStevenBrule

Yeah and he needs immunity from prosecution to do it. LOL

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone

Sorry y'all lost in the election...obama will be remembered as a parentheses in the history books..

-Chris

Uh, Obama already served two terms... he didn't need to win the election, he wasn't even running... I do admit Trump could be a lot more interesting of a read in future history books, but not because he'll be serving two terms (he'll probably serve less than one).

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Maybe Flynn's Lawyer and Trump's Doctor are friends. They're both criticized similarly when it comes to their writing style.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

They have nothing on Obama. They never will.

This constant prattling on that obama illegally intercepted communications is further confirmation.

The reason communications were intercepted is because known Russian intelligence assets were engaged in contact with trumps team and associates. Guilt by association. If trump assets were not in contact with known Russian assets, they'd never be recorded.

Any sane individual would understand that meant there was an effort or collusion by campaign representatives along w the trump team.

Instead they argue it means Obama broke laws or is treasonous. Cognitive dissonance. The president doesn't issue directives on who to wire tap. This is a choice made by individuals in the justice departments and FBI/CIA/NSA/DIA.

Folks on here who are fundamentally unwilling to open their minds to new ideas are not worth attempting to convince. They are on the wrong website.
edit on 30-3-2017 by chaeone86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Says he has a story to tell....

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Maybe Flynn's Lawyer and Trump's Doctor are friends. They're both criticized similarly when it comes to their writing style.

I was going to make that joke earlier ... but thought it in poor taste.

Good one.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: chaeone86

Well, especially when one considers that the only "evidence" that there was any untoward surveillance is in Nunes' magic letters, which he apparently got FROM the White House so that he could stage three pressers showing him taking them BACK to the White House ... and claiming that he will NEVER reveal his sources.

The word that comes to mind here is "janky."

They knew Flynn was coming. This sounds like Trump style desperation. Flood the news cycles, muddy the waters, deny.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I was going to make that joke earlier ... but thought it in poor taste.

Good one.

The way our society is de-evolving, "poor taste" only comes into play when death of innocent(s) are involved. And sometimes not even then.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Death and abuse of innocents is still in poor taste.

But then, so is concocting fringe theories about it.

/shrug

None of this is good for any of us. These are dark days for America.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Then explain the last sentence which says no one would testify without this guarantee? What does that mean other than he's asked for it?

Assurances against unfair prosecution. The assurance he's talking about is a request for immunity.
edit on 3302017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

Anything that is negative for Mr. Trump, including one of the most conservative newspapers in the country is fake news.

Thanks to the media and the democrats, that is actually fairly close.
The nonsense peddled over and over and over has done nothing but tarnish the truth.

So, how do you know the truth, if all media is lying?

Have you been hanging out with Mr. Trump?

you dont need an IQ of 180 to see the total rubbish being spread.

Do you remember ''pee gate''? I mean c'mon.. this is the Clinton Empire throwing a post election hissy

This whole ''russian peddling in the election'' is utter garbage. What exactly did Russia do? there's 0 evidence of anything and even the intel committee's have said as much.

All we got during the election was wiki leaks about how corrupt and dirty Clinton was.

Do you understand this? Do you get all that happened was the truth was revealed and it cost the war mongering Clinton the presidency.. somehow this has no become Trump is in cahoots with Russia.

Its utter garbage and people should be embarrassed to believe it!

link   
Odd thought ... when's the last time anyone has seen KellyAnne doing the Trump Shuffle?

link   
Flynn Resigns
Sessions Recuses
FBI reveals ongoing investigation into Trump
Nunes pulls a Seal Team 6 infiltration mission into the White House to verify a tweet that was already bonkers
Flynn asks for immunity

Yup Fake News!
Red Herrings!! Nothing to see here folks!

link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Then explain the last sentence which says no one would testify without this guarantee? What does that mean other than he's asked for it?

Assurances against unfair prosecution. The assurance he's talking about is a request for immunity.

Red Herring.

Something bigger is being side tracked.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Yeah because innocent people always ask for immunity from prosecution.

Hate to burst your bubble but yes, we do ask for immunity in exchange for testimony---even when we've done nothing wrong to the best of our knowledge. That's because while you may truly believe you've done no wrong, you don't know everything there is to know. Despite the fact that you and your lawyer have gone over the testimony, the other side may have 50 lawyers and investigators that just might find something on you on which they could base charges.

I saw it often in the medical community and have testified under immunity protection. To protect against charges being brought that couldn't be proven but that could impact my professional status, on the advise of my attorney, I sought immunity. To the best of my knowledge I had not participated in any illegal activity---but I did not actually know the extent of the activity and how long the scam had been running.

I agree with his attorney's statement in the last paragraph. Only a fool would walk into that lion's den without protection. I don't know if the guy is a crook or a goblin or any of the things he's been called. He may have truly believed until recently that only guilty people take immunity in exchange for testimony---then real life stepped up and smacked him. That will often change one's views in quite rapid order.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Thanks for an update on your opinions about Clinton etc. That's not what we're discussing, however.

Your assertion is that all media is fake regarding Mr. Trump, or nearly so.

If that is true, what source do you use to find the truth about Mr. Trump?

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
And where is our illustrious leader weighing in on this?

Silence....

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

You're going to stay with "Standard Red Herring" eh?

Don't want to go to Your Classic False Dichotomy or Your Regular Strawman Argument? Just for variety?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join