It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mike Flynn Offers to Testify in Exchange for Immunity - The Wall Street Journal

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheOneElectric
a reply to: marg6043

Think about it like this:

This Russian situation was Obama's ultimate Kobayahi Maru or Catch 22.

Putin's goal was to undermine American democracy. Sometimes (see: in every instance of technological innovation across history) one faction gains a form of weapon before another faction. This time the Russians learned to weaponize internet based psychological tactics, hacking, bot net spam, and other electronic based interference to affect the elections of a 1st world nation, the first 1st world nation.

Obama catches wind of this and does what? Does he give in to Putin and come out with all of this information before the election to prove collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia? The right wing would have slaughtered his name and legacy for attempting to affect the election's outcome. Thus, the United States would have the appearance of being no better than Iran, Syria, Banana Republics, and Russia.
OR
Does President Obama hold his breath, prevent Comey from coming out, and trust that Hillary Clinton will win so that the information can come out afterwards? This option allows the ideals of Democracy along with free and impartial elections to remain intact, but the American people remain ignorant to the truth of the danger that existed.

Either way, there was danger. Either way, he "loses." It seems as if he chose not to say a word and to trust that Hillary could hold her own against Trump and Putin. It was a choice to allow Democracy to stand on it's own or artificially prop it up and therefore tainting the idea forever.

Just tell me this:

IF OBAMA DID COME OUT WITH COMEY AND THE INTELLIGENCE COMMUNITY TO ACCUSE RUSSIA OF TAMPERING AND HILLARY WON THE ELECTION:

What would you say today?

See what I mean, from an objective level the entire situation was doomed from the beginning. This is me being honest: Obama was naive and I would have come out on the other side. TO HELL WITH IDEALS. Truth rules all. But here we are, and the idea of Democracy is still tarnished because it looks like Russia did in fact put a heavy hand on the scale that changed everything.

So the "the ideals of Democracy" is to keep the truth from the people, and dont tell anyone anything about what is going on, cause that will affect the people´s descision? That makes no sense at all...

TO HELL WITH IDEALS. Truth rules all.

I agree, and if people knew the truth, they wouldnt have voted for any of those sick bastards you find in politics these days...

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I think trump is playing the media..

If the FBI accepted the deal BEFORE hearing the dirt, then Flynn would take immunity and then still deny everything..

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Who would have thought

We're some 70 days into Trump's administration and someone connected to it is already asking for immunity 😂

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

No. I mean reality. Where your average citizen wants not only the best for himself, but for his neighbor too. I've met plenty of sociopaths and a$$holes across investment banking in my day, but I still strongly believe America is the place where hope and kindness and love for thy fellow has and will continue to flourish.

We are just in a rough patch now. I still love my Christian, Jewish, Muslim, agnostic and atheist brothers and sisters (and any others) nonetheless.

And I've met quite a few on my journey. Ironically it's usually the Muslim side who are most pro peace. Maybe cuz recently they've been subject to such persecution. In areas with radical behaviors, they are demanded to subscribe to violence and terrorism. When they may be fortunate enough to find themselves on our shores, they are subject to suspicion and outright bigotry. They just want to coexist. They don't want sharia law. They moved here to escape fundamentalist dogma.

Sorry, kinda here nor there. I just pray for all people, not just my own. And it's lead me to meet the best of all cultures. Prayer and hope are an amazing thing.
edit on 30-3-2017 by chaeone86 because: Typo

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

That's because most people haven't had real life smack them in the face the way this guy has. Most people just go to work and do their jobs trusting that their bosses are not criminals. Because most of their bosses aren't criminals. It only takes one time to alter one's views on such subjects.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Lock him up!
Lock him up!

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt

That's because most people haven't had real life smack them in the face the way this guy has. Most people just go to work and do their jobs trusting that their bosses are not criminals. Because most of their bosses aren't criminals. It only takes one time to alter one's views on such subjects.

Agreed.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Any threads about Dr. Evelyn Farkas?

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

I think trump is playing the media..

If the FBI accepted the deal BEFORE hearing the dirt, then Flynn would take immunity and then still deny everything..

Not to mention the power of a Presidential Pardon waiting in the wings, whatever happens.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

No one asks for immunity exchanges if there is no crime

Absolutely, my never-Trump old-school conservative friend said that this would be the most corrupt administration ever and he was absolutely right.

Trump is a worthless President.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
Statement by Robert Kelner, Flynn's lawyer.

Thank you LesMis, that was a good find.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

I am watching Hannity and he is destroying her with her own words...and it's all on video.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Here is an interesting article from mediaite where they talk to lawyers who have dealt with the Feds before.

lawnewz.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: buckwhizzle

Sean Hannity--a veritable paragon of reliable, intelligent reporting.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: BlueAjah

originally posted by: PlasticWizard
Smelled like fake news..

“No, Michael Flynn has not offered to testify to [the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence] in exchange for immunity,” Jack Langer, a spokesman for House intelligence committee chairman Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.), wrote in an email to The Huffington Post.

m.huffpost.com...

Good find.
That article shows how the article in the OP has blown the situation way out of proportion.

I just want to be clear here ... you're supporting a Huffington Post article in order to discredit the Wall Street Journal?

Pardon me, I have to check the Book of the Revelation quickly; I think that's one of the Seals.

If it is, I hope it's the final seal. I can't wait for his return! This world belongs to Satan. He can have it.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Who would have thought We're some 70 days into Trump's administration and someone connected to it is already asking for immunity 😂

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Has anyone thought of Flynn taking all the heat and walking head first into a presidential pardon? This is assuming there is any amount of actual evidence to the Trump and Russia?

Just fitting my shiny hat.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
Has anyone thought of Flynn taking all the heat and walking head first into a presidential pardon? This is assuming there is any amount of actual evidence to the Trump and Russia?

Just fitting my shiny hat.

Mentioned Presidential Pardon a few posts ago ... good thing is that President Pence could pardon just as well.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Nah, Satan's only renting it.

Your guy wins in the end (of his own Book, but still.)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Remember the talking during the campaign about Clinton pardoning herself?

edit on 3/30/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join