It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mike Flynn Offers to Testify in Exchange for Immunity - The Wall Street Journal

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

That's the most poorly composed attorney letter I've ever read. No reference to statute, for starts. I've read contracts professionally for 10 years and my first reaction to that was wow, what a crappy lawyer.
edit on 30-3-2017 by chaeone86 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-3-2017 by chaeone86 because: Typo

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Nobody said he is a hero, definitely not, but he is not killing anybody either and right now the rich and power are doing what they have been done since the Bush administration and Obama never changed that, you know that I am telling the truth.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Gryphon66

No need for immunity if he wants to clear his name ...

Going theory is that he was part of something BIG and ILLEGAL. He turns in everyone else in exchange for staying out of jail himself. Doesn't want to lose his pension from the military either.

Yes, but, if he only wants to clear his name ... then he doesn't need immunity.

Clearing ones name means telling the truth that one has done no wrong.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

So, he should put on his uniform, march in with head held high, take an Oath and tell the truth.

Would throw away your spotless career with retirement and benefits away over the Trump presidency?

Would you even want to risk it in today's media climate?

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Idreamofme

There is no pot of gold at the end of this rainbow. If they don't take it they probably don't want to offer him a deal because they want to take him down or they already have everything he has to offer.
There's no good reason to ask for immunity from prosecution. There's no silver lining in this cloud. I don't know what you read into "no takers" but there's nothing exculpatory in asking for a plea deal.
If you get immunity you're probably guilty of something. If they refuse to cut a deal it's not because they don't want the info he has. It's because they already have it.
Or cutting a deal now would hinder further investigation.
edit on 3302017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
www.nbcnews.com...

Please Skip To: 44 seconds in and watch for about 20 seconds.

Retired General Michael Flynn: "If you're given immunity, it probably means you've committed a crime."
-Sunday Sept 25

edit on 30-3-2017 by TheOneElectric because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

So, he should put on his uniform, march in with head held high, take an Oath and tell the truth.

Would throw away your spotless career with retirement and benefits away over the Trump presidency?

Would you even want to risk it in today's media climate?

If I were innocent ... why would I be throwing anything away?

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Going theory is that he was part of something BIG and ILLEGAL. He turns in everyone else in exchange for staying out of jail himself. Doesn't want to lose his pension from the military either.

Yes, but, if he only wants to clear his name ... then he doesn't need immunity.

Clearing ones name means telling the truth that one has done no wrong.

But Flynn's post military pattern indicates that he plays fast and loose with rules and the law. Turkey, lying to the V.P.., and God only knows what else.

Clear his name? It's too late. He was FIRED by the President of the United States of America. That's not like being let go from Walmart by Mr. Whipple.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Someone in the Trump WH ratted out Flynn; that's why he is seeking immunity. He knows they have the goods on him.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas
The first conspirator to crack always gets the best deal from the prosecution.

Only applies if there isn't enough evidence already to convict the lot.

Might be why he hasn't found any takers...

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I can't believe I called myself a liberal all these​ years.

All y'all want to do is order pizza and hotdogs, let in the Muslims and promote transgenderism.

ay dios mio!
edit on 30-3-2017 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: marg6043

Actually, I'd say they've been doing that since at least Reagan. But when you get right down to it, they've always done it more or less.

But now there just seems to be no more protections in place anymore so they can dish out all the evil and run amok without anything stopping them.

He may not be your hero, but clearly you've noticed that he is some kind of hero to many and they see him as infallible and that's a problem.

link   

originally posted by: TheOneElectric
www.nbcnews.com...

Please Skip To: 44 seconds in and watch for about 20 seconds.

Retired General Michael Flynn: "If you're given immunity, it probably means you've committed a crime."
-Sunday Sept 25

You work for CNN? They're cuing up that sound-bite for playback in a minute, says Anderson Pooper.

link   
a reply to: TheOneElectric

So , Flynn says asking for Immunity is possibly equated with Guilt in that Interview ? I think he took some Bad Advice from his Lawyers then .

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: chaeone86

He's our resident antagonist. It's his job.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Smelled like fake news..

“No, Michael Flynn has not offered to testify to [the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence] in exchange for immunity,” Jack Langer, a spokesman for House intelligence committee chairman Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.), wrote in an email to The Huffington Post.

m.huffpost.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

If you were innocent, should you have to prove it?

link   

originally posted by: PlasticWizard
Smelled like fake news..

“No, Michael Flynn has not offered to testify to [the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence] in exchange for immunity,” Jack Langer, a spokesman for House intelligence committee chairman Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.), wrote in an email to The Huffington Post.

m.huffpost.com...

If doesn't matter. Fake news controls the airwaves.

link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Someone in the Trump WH ratted out Flynn; that's why he is seeking immunity. He knows they have the goods on him.

Flynn is the only really BAD pick that Trump made, isn't it? Not bad for a neophyte politician.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Flynn is the only really BAD pick that Trump made, isn't it? Not bad for a neophyte politician.

Bannon will be the next one to try and save his bacon. But it's much to late. I wonder what Jared/Ivanka are thinking about all this; caught between a rock and a hard place, huh?
edit on 30-3-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join