It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mike Flynn Offers to Testify in Exchange for Immunity - The Wall Street Journal

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

My question exactly... why does he need immunity ...but more important what does he know that could garner such a valuable deal?
edit on 3302017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Hahaha No takers. Please. If there were any truth to his claims they would take him on his offer in a heartbeat. The Dems are more worried that Trump is gonna flip Comey.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

...according to officials with knowledge of the matter...

There they go again....

But no one wants to take him up on the offer, eh?

Congress can in fact grant immunity to witnesses. This is from 1986 and the Iran-Contra hearings:

Congress May Grant Immunity to Gain Key Testimony

So they can and they do, but the Constitutionality is debatable:

Are Congressional Grants of Immunity, as Currently Implemented, Constitutional?

Make it all public and let the chips fall where they may!!!

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: mOjOm

It will not come down to that, that is not how things work, he will finish his presidential term.

Trumps ego won't let him be an ineffectual cuckold to the GOP. That's the position he put himself in!!

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: chaeone86
a reply to: xuenchen

What are you 12? The Wall Street journal, a conservative leading publication with years of prestige would. Not. Be. Making. This. Up. If. There was. No. Credible. Source.

Go back to school.

This isn't the mud-pit.

While you have forgotten that, I will do my best not to.

Do not condescend anyone like that ever again. It doesn't matter how foolish the fool - for those with experience, it destroys your credibility completely with the intelligent. If you want a following of fools, keep it up.

Xuenchen is an intelligent buffoon. There's nothing wrong with that personality.
Even if Xuenchen is like an Asian sounding Glenn Beck that can be overly dramatic and even wrong...

Wrong... Just like anyone can be.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Thanks I read the letter, so for I can gather on the information is that Flynn wants to clear his name so what he have to say have not value to the Democrats in the intelligent committee because he is not going to incriminate himself and that leaves Trump link to Russia as unproven

Interesting.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TarzanBeta

Let me tell you I like Xuenchen very much even if sometimes I can not tell what leg he stand on when it comes to Reps and dems.

link   
a reply to: yuppa

Honestly, I would find it hard to believe that Trump would actually purposefully act against America to some degree. He is very much an American and seems to be proud of that fact.

However, I would find it easy to believe that he would knowingly act against the US Government however. Which if this becomes a legal issue will mean basically the same thing as acting against America.

Even though you and I know that America and the US Government aren't the same thing. That's how it will play out obviously.

link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Thanks I read the letter, so for I can gather on the information is that Flynn wants to clear his name so what he have to say have not value to the Democrats in the intelligent committee because he is not going to incriminate himself and that leaves Trump link to Russia as unproven

Interesting.

LOL Well it seems the OP jumped the gun.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I simply detest 140 character responses w emojis after, that say very little, except "look at me I disagree and am laughing from my keyboard."

I will admit I agree with you and was wrong to be so immature in my own replies to the particular member. I just smh way too much at this website these days. It was once the source of a lot of intellectual curiosity, dissent to all authority, and members who took time to reply to things that added to the dialogue, rather than simply registering their opinion. We can all register our opinions without posting in the first place.
edit on 30-3-2017 by chaeone86 because: Typo

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Xuenchen is an intelligent buffoon. There's nothing wrong with that personality. Even if Xuenchen is like an Asian sounding Glenn Beck that can be overly dramatic and even wrong...

Not the mud pit eh?

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Did you read the letter from the lawyer of Flinn?

It read like he wants to clear his name.

+3 more 
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Lol

Jumped the gun by quoting the Wall Street Journal?

Perhaps. It is a Murdoch property. Do you have anything that disproves their claims?

link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

This will be glorious when he reveals more corruption by the Obama administration and the DNC.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
I think they've found the weakest link.

If his offer is taken up by law enforcement (I don't think Congress can offer immunity, can it?) that's going to be bad for the Trump Administration.

If his offer ISN'T taken up ... I think it's going to be even WORSE.

We'll see.

Either way, this is not good for the USA. I am saddened by the whole mess, whatever the truth.

I'm sorry but if a General is the weakest link, then America is in some really deep #.....

You don't make that rank from being weak.

link   

originally posted by: chaeone86

I simply detest 140 character responses w emojis after, that say very little, except "look at me I disagree and am laughing from my keyboard."

I will admit I agree with you and was wrong to be so immature in my own replies to the particular member. I just smh way too much at this website these days. It was once the source of a lot of intellectual curiosity, dissent to all authority, and members who took time to reply to things that added to the dialogue, rather than simply registering their opinion. We can all register our opinions without posting in the first place.

Now that I can understand friend.

link   
a reply to: marg6043

He's a propagandist and this has been shown multiple times.

Everyone gets things wrong now and then and it's just an honest mistake. However when it's clearly just an attempt push known lies on to others to suit an agenda, it's propaganda.

You may like him, but he's been caught purposefully lying too many times to be trusted.

Just saying....

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Wasn't Custer a General?

Lol nope Lieutenant Colonel.

I didn't say Flynn was weak as a person did I?

He has made a few bonehead plays of late though.
edit on 30-3-2017 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Xuenchen is an intelligent buffoon. There's nothing wrong with that personality. Even if Xuenchen is like an Asian sounding Glenn Beck that can be overly dramatic and even wrong...

Not the mud pit eh?

Xuen took those all as compliments, gimme a break.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join