It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mike Flynn Offers to Testify in Exchange for Immunity - The Wall Street Journal

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Did you read the letter from the lawyer of Flinn?

It read like he wants to clear his name.

Yes he is tired of the witch hunt and been dragged to the mud. Honestly i can't blame him. There is nothing about Trump or Russia in it.

link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Thanks I read the letter, so for I can gather on the information is that Flynn wants to clear his name so what he have to say have not value to the Democrats in the intelligent committee because he is not going to incriminate himself and that leaves Trump link to Russia as unproven

Interesting.

His lawyer neither confirmed nor denied this immunity bargain.

link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I don't think he wants to hurt America or the people, but one thing I am learning about him is that he hates government bureaucracy.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Edit: I gave away too much personal information

His attorney gave neither a heads nor tails on this developing story. There was a very well written, well adjusted response from an attorney to address a run away story.
edit on 30-3-2017 by TheOneElectric because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Sorry I got it now, yes you are right he is not asking for immunity in the letter, but the media is telling that he did.

So I guess is still unproven.

Thanks

edit on 30-3-2017 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

link   

I read the letter.. .it reads exactly like a letter from a lawyer trying to paint his client as a paragon of virtue...

bottom line, again, nobody asks for immunity from prosecution if there is nothing to prosecute.

This is going to be bad... really really bad.

Perhaps the partisan crap can be put away for awhile... from all sides.

Fat chance, but one can hope.

link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: chaeone86
a reply to: xuenchen

What are you 12? The Wall Street journal, a conservative leading publication with years of prestige would. Not. Be. Making. This. Up. If. There was. No. Credible. Source.

Go back to school.

I think the.WSJ.could.easily.be.making.this story.up.

They've.done.it.before.

Indeed. The WSJ publication is composed of articles that come from several contributors. What you do is look at WHO wrote the story, and then check out their track record.

Edit: CNN is on the TV where I'm at right now. They're have a field-day with this Flynn/Immunity thing. Th terrorist MSM network smells Trump blood again.
edit on 3/30/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Lol

Jumped the gun by quoting the Wall Street Journal?

Perhaps. It is a Murdoch property. Do you have anything that disproves their claims?

The WSJ tried to anihilate Pewdiepie with ridicilous claims about antisemitism . So yes they have no credibility.
edit on 30-3-2017 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TheOneElectric

I'm not going to say what my profession is or what I spent three years and a certification test gaining, but I would write such a letter for my client, too.

You would? Is that an admission of guilt?

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

It read like he wants to clear his name.
Sounded more like sound legal advise from his lawyer . And good advise to not get involved in something that resembles a witch hunt then a investigation . He has his past record to stand tall with .

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
So, he should put on his uniform, march in with head held high, take an Oath and tell the truth.

No need for immunity if he wants to clear his name ...

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

a reply to: Rosinitiate

Wasn't Custer a General?

Flynn has been marked for political assassination because the White House found it expedient to let him go to avoid dragging this on. Big mistake.

Also a big mistake to character assassinate him. He understands the Art of War.

I say let him speak freely. Since everyone and their mother are now whistleblowers anyway, I'd like to hear from him. I'd bet he has quite a story to tell and I bet it will fly in the face of the story being portrayed in the mainstream media.

edit on 30-3-2017 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

link   

i'm thinking just about along the same lines, i think he's trying to make a deal for charges that may stem from not filing as a Foreign Agent, and from any crimes committed during that time, not for collusion.

link   

The problem is he is hurting America and it's people in his war against the Government. He also seems to be willing to literally kill the citizens here just to get his way. (aka. Healthcare)

He's doing a lot of damage to the Government but the collateral damage is destroying us. He's also just rewarding the wealthy and corporate power and bleeding the poor and middle class once again.

So while he may not exactly be an enemy, he is certainly not a hero.

link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Honest question; does that story read like a hit piece?

Would you take the lack of sources in that story as fact should this be a politician type that was not in the Trump camp?

He has made the offer to the FBI and the House and Senate intelligence committees through his lawyer but has so far found no takers, the officials said.

I would concede however that this is rather damning. Pretty much says that the FBI committee already knows, or thinks they know, whatever Flynn knows. OR They don't want to give Flynn the opportunity to tell his side of the story.

link   

This response was an attempt to get ahead of the story and control the narrative for as long as possible. It doesn't say anything either way. However, the breaking news is coming from sources that aren't the lawyer.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: chaeone86
a reply to: xuenchen

It would be reckless to publish such words without credible sources. If it were not true, it would end the career of a staff writer overnight.

Haha, you don't seem to have been paying attention for the last couple years man.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Now, of course, we don't know what General Flynn knows ... but ... really, we must ask the question ... if he's done nothing "wrong" why would he want immunity to testify before Congress?

Because that's what his attorney told him to do? That's what attorneys do in most cases where there is even the slightest, tiniest, vague notion that somebody might go through and find a charge. Do you not know how such testimony actually works? Your notion is as crazy as those who justify spying by saying, "Well, what does it matter if you're not committing crimes?"

+6 more 
link   

lol.

Well Pewdiepie is the standard of excellence.

Perhaps you should be honest and say that WSJ has no credibility with YOU?

As I said Murdoch owns it ... I guess we'll see if the report bears out.

However ... some of you folks sound a bit ruffled this evening ... perhaps you should pray for the President or something?

edit on 30-3-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling

link   

No need for immunity if he wants to clear his name ...

Going theory is that he was part of something BIG and ILLEGAL. He turns in everyone else in exchange for staying out of jail himself. Doesn't want to lose his pension from the military either.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join