It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nunes Says Source is Executive Branch?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Nunes was on the White House grounds, not necessarily in the WH. Also on the WH grounds is the EEOB (Eisenhower Executive Office Building) which houses both VP Pence's office and the National Security Council.

The SCIF is probably within the NSC area. Do you know who else works in the NSC? Michael Ellis, former Rep. Nunes aide as general counsel for the HPSCI (House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence)). Ellis' new job:

Michael Ellis serves as Special Assistant to the President, Senior Associate Counsel to the President, and Deputy National Security Council Legal Advisor.

whitehouse.gov

Today, from Reuters:

U.S. House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes said on Tuesday he will not divulge - even to other members of his panel - who gave him intelligence reports that indicated President Donald Trump and his associates may have been ensnared in incidental intelligence collection.
Asked by an ABC News reporter whether he would inform the other committee members about who gave him the reports he viewed on the White House grounds last week, Nunes said: "We will never reveal those sources and methods."

Why not, Nunes?
Your fellow Intel Committee members, and the American public are just supposed to take your word for it? I think he has strained credulity beyond all recognition. He is a Trump lap dog.

Here is the thing. Someone with clearance to show Nunes the materials, most probably also has clearance to transport secure documents (like to Capitol Hill to share with the other House IC committee members).
Maybe the person he received the "info" from wasn't supposed to have it. Or it was a fabrication to give Trumpo some cover.

Nunes, has effectively stalled all House investigation by cancelling the Yates,Clapper,Brennen meeting, and today's closed-door meeting with Comey and Rogers.

Recuse yourself, Sir.

Further reading from:
Ryan Lizza at the New Yorker
edit on 3/28/2017 by Olivine because: trying to fix formatting. not sure why second half of post is bolded

John Schindler at the Observer
edit on 3/28/2017 by Olivine because: add a source

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Considering Nunes was on the Trump transition team means he had a significant conflict of interest on the IC, any contact with the suspect being investigated would make it completely inappropriate for him to be on the IC. Now we know he talked to Trump in complete privacy and information was exchanged in at least one way, that we know of, on their own word.

If Nunes hasn't lost all credibility by now with his breach of protocol, then his conflict of interest just makes him completely able to serve in the IC. I didnt see Trump talk to anyone else in the IC, only Nunes who worked for trump and doesnt seem to take the IC seriously.
edit on 28-3-2017 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Olivine
Nunes was on the White House grounds, not necessarily in the WH. Also on the WH grounds is the EEOB (Eisenhower Executive Office Building) which houses both VP Pence's office and the National Security Council.

The SCIF is probably within the NSC area. Do you know who else works in the NSC? Michael Ellis, former Rep. Nunes aide as general counsel for the HPSCI (House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence)). Ellis' new job:

Michael Ellis serves as Special Assistant to the President, Senior Associate Counsel to the President, and Deputy National Security Council Legal Advisor.

whitehouse.gov

Today, from Reuters:

U.S. House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes said on Tuesday he will not divulge - even to other members of his panel - who gave him intelligence reports that indicated President Donald Trump and his associates may have been ensnared in incidental intelligence collection.
Asked by an ABC News reporter whether he would inform the other committee members about who gave him the reports he viewed on the White House grounds last week, Nunes said: "We will never reveal those sources and methods."

Why not, Nunes?
Your fellow Intel Committee members, and the American public are just supposed to take your word for it? I think he has strained credulity beyond all recognition. He is a Trump lap dog.

Here is the thing. Someone with clearance to show Nunes the materials, most probably also has clearance to transport secure documents (like to Capitol Hill to share with the other House IC committee members).
Maybe the person he received the "info" from wasn't supposed to have it. Or it was a fabrication to give Trumpo some cover.

Nunes, has effectively stalled all House investigation by cancelling the Yates,Clapper,Brennen meeting, and today's closed-door meeting with Comey and Rogers.

Recuse yourself, Sir.

Further reading from Ryan Lizza at the New Yorker

As you point out, Nunes has every reason to be at the Whitehouse.
Why would Nunes need to reveal his sources? Do reporters need to reveal their sources too?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Nunes is investigating trump, he has no business talking to suspects at all.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: vjr1113

Nunes is investigating trump, he has no business talking to suspects at all.

No, he is not investigating Trump. He is investigating alleged Russian hacking, alleged coordination between the Trump campaign and Russia, and leaks of classified information.
It's a strange form of investigation you have in your mind if you think investigators have no business talking with suspects.

Even IF the documents Nunes saw were handed to him by Trump himself, there is no problem with that.
Remember, there is no intelligence that Trump is not allowed to see. That includes any information that may be incriminating to him, if it exists.

The question was why you think Nunes must reveal his sources?
edit on 28/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Can you not see how inappropriate it is for the elected official we Americans have entrusted to get to the bottom of any Russia-Team Trump conspiracy, to run to the Trumpster to blab, but not tell and/or show the full committee about the nature of those findings?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Can you not see how inappropriate it is for the elected official we Americans have entrusted to get to the bottom of any Russia-Team Trump conspiracy, to run to the Trumpster to blab, but not tell and/or show the full committee about the nature of those findings?

He has told EVERYONE about the nature of his findings, including the committee.
As for Trump he has free reign to see any and all intelligence documents.

If Trump has not already seen those documents, then Nunes performed his role as oversight of the IC perfectly.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

an investigation of trump's campaign having russian ties IS an investigation on the president. i dont know why thats hard for you to understand, and secondly Nunes is not the investigator, the IC is and Nunes is breaking protocol talking to the suspect behind the IC's back.

Nunes has already talked to Trump in private, and hes still going to the white house, even if he doesnt talk to the POTUS himself, we have to take he's not doing shady stuff behind everyone's back, well i dont trust him because of his obvious conflict of interest and past behaivior.

Nunes, recuse.

imagine if the watergate people were like its ok we're not doing anything illegal lol what a joke
edit on 28-3-2017 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

an investigation of trump's campaign having russian ties IS an investigation on the president. i dont know why thats hard for you to understand, and secondly Nunes is not the investigator, the IC is and Nunes is breaking protocol talking to the suspect behind the IC's back.

Nunes has already talked to Trump in private, and hes still going to the white house, even if he doesnt talk to the POTUS himself, we have to take he's not doing shady stuff behind everyone's back, well i dont trust him because of his obvious conflict of interest and past behaivior.

Nunes, recuse.

Nunes job is to oversee the IC. Calling them out publicly for a break in protocol is exactly what he should be doing. You'd think that someone having the guts to actually hold the IC to account would be welcomed.

You can call for recusal all you like, but until he actually does something wrong, I very much doubt Paul Ryan is going to listen to you, Chuck Schumer, or anyone else slinging mud.

As I said before, there is nothing that Trump is not allowed to see from the IC.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

This sounds like his scoop originated directly from the White House. Curiouser and Curiouser. The White House had been withholding information from the committee and decided to release it secretly to ....guess who?

Not too secret if it is released to CNN...lol What rough time stamp are we talking about having this information?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

no he works in the IC, and it looks like he isnt welcome. he doesnt own the IC thats rediculous.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

no he works in the IC, and it looks like he isnt welcome. he doesnt own the IC thats rediculous.

He is the Chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, charged with oversight of the IC. Whether they 'welcome' him or not is irrelevant.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Right. And, if you want the credibility of the Intelligence Committee to be thrown in the toilet it's a good start.

The IC only provides the minimum required... It is a constant cat and mouse game of what questions are asked and what information is provided. Knowledge is power and they do hold on to their power very tightly.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

It's his word only. I don't trust him but YMMV.

Also, just a note on curious timing.
Trump tweeted on Friday, March 4th (falsely) occusing Pres. Obama of wiretapping him. This one, in particular caught my attention.

I'd bet a good lawyer could make a great case out of the fact that President Obama was tapping my phones in October, just prior to Election!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 4, 2017

Tada! It is announced on Monday, March 7th, that Nunes' lawyer pal Michael Ellis is the new special assistant to Trump/deputy NSC counsel.
Circumstantially, it looks like Ellis was brought in specifically to find anything to back Trump's wayward tweets. Finding nothing, Nunes is forced to claim sooper sekret source for unmasking of names in IC documents, trying desperately to deflect from TeamTrumpRussia ties. IMO.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Considering Nunes was on the Trump transition team means he had a significant conflict of interest on the IC, any contact with the suspect being investigated would make it completely inappropriate for him to be on the IC. Now we know he talked to Trump in complete privacy and information was exchanged in at least one way, that we know of, on their own word.

If Nunes hasn't lost all credibility by now with his breach of protocol, then his conflict of interest just makes him completely able to serve in the IC. I didnt see Trump talk to anyone else in the IC, only Nunes who worked for trump and doesnt seem to take the IC seriously.

I fail to see the conflict of interest here... You have a large number of assumptions and you are trying to paint a picture that the IC and Trump are two adversaries. Is it a breach of protocol to talk directly to the president? So Trump is what?...the enemy here?

edit on 28-3-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

The CIA and other agencies are a secret government gone out of control.

I agree with Ron Paul, they need to be reigned in.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

It's his word only. I don't trust him but YMMV.

Also, just a note on curious timing.
Trump tweeted on Friday, March 4th (falsely) occusing Pres. Obama of wiretapping him. This one, in particular caught my attention.

I'd bet a good lawyer could make a great case out of the fact that President Obama was tapping my phones in October, just prior to Election!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 4, 2017

Tada! It is announced on Monday, March 7th, that Nunes' lawyer pal Michael Ellis is the new special assistant to Trump/deputy NSC counsel.
Circumstantially, it looks like Ellis was brought in specifically to find anything to back Trump's wayward tweets. Finding nothing, Nunes is forced to claim sooper sekret source for unmasking of names in IC documents, trying desperately to deflect from TeamTrumpRussia ties. IMO.

It's a theory, for sure.
Still, what we know is that Nunes has done absolutely nothing wrong.

It's claimed that he should have spoken to Trump - why? Trump is allowed to see all IC documents. Nunes also spoke to everyone about his findings.

It is claimed that it is wrong that he will not share his source - why? He is allowed to see these documents and the source, whoever it is, is supposed to show them to him. I find it strange that we're on a 'source hunt' when no one on the Democrat side is screaming for the reporters at WaPo and NYT to reveal their sources, even they are NOT supposed to have the information.

My own theory is that Democrats simply can't stand the narrative not being on their allegations about collusion, and because they want only that narrative pushed and no light to be shone on those that actually HAVE broken laws, they are smearing the messenger.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

Bingo, which is EXACTLY what the House Intelligence Committee SHOULD be doing.

The United States House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, also known as the House Intelligence Committee, is a committee of the United States House of Representatives, currently chaired by Devin Nunes. It is the primary committee in the U.S. House of Representatives charged with the oversight of the United States Intelligence Community

There was not a single Democrat complaining when Nunes went to the press, on his own, to support their narrative that Obama did not tap Trump Tower. They praised him.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

You have career Government workers that do what they will and basically have no one they need to report to, but themselves. They see their elected leadership as short term road blocks that will go away in a few years as they continue on for decades. Whether an administrations wants to work with them or not is little concern to them. The fact that it takes a congressional investigation to get even a lick of information from them shows just how out of control they are.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I fail to see the conflict of interest here... You have a large number of assumptions and you are trying to paint a picture that the IC and Trump are two adversaries. Is it a breach of protocol to talk directly to the president? So Trump is what?...the enemy here?

You read some of these posts and it seems like some still haven't come to terms with the fact that Donald Trump is the President of the United States, and that the IC report to him.

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join