It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nunes Says Source is Executive Branch?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

lol the president investigating himself, what if nixon decided to investigate himself?

you seem to be just fine with this, we dont even think alike.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: vjr1113

lol the president investigating himself, what if nixon decided to investigate himself?

you seem to be just fine with this, we dont even think alike.

It's not a matter of being fine with it, it is how it is.
Congress have the capability to impeach the President, but the entire intelligence community report into the President through the DNI.
To suggest that right now, people can't talk to the POTUS because there is an FBI investigation into alleged campaign collusion is hogwash. President Trump has the full right to see every single piece of information that the IC has.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Alright i think i get it now, i guess this is why everyone is asking for a separate investigation. we will have to see what comes out of the letter dpertments. I wonder who appointed Nunes, that might be an interesting search. (its not)
edit on 28-3-2017 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Alright i think i get it now, i guess this is why everyone is asking for a separate investigation. we will have to see what comes out of the letter dpertments. I wonder who appointed Nunes, that might be an interesting search.

The reality is not quite as simple as that. The old rules around 'Special Prosecutors' no longer exist as they did in, say, Bill Clinton's Presidency.

Any independent counsel would be appointed by Jeff Sessions, who reports to President Trump.

If he decided not to appoint the Special Counsel, the Deputy Attorney General would, who also reports to President Trump, through Sessions.

Congress could pass a new law to appoint their own, but it would need to be signed by Trump. If he vetoed it, then the Senate AND Congress would need a 2/3 majority to over rule him, which is actually a higher bar than for impeachment.

edit on 28/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: vjr1113

If you are so concerned why don't you spend millions and hire a private investigator? There are millions of them for hire. This is a free world. Anyone can do investigation. It doesn't have to be Congress.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

You read some of these posts and it seems like some still haven't come to terms with the fact that Donald Trump is the President of the United States, and that the IC report to him.

Well for many it seems it is not official yet... Can one Democrat come forward and say that "Trump is my President and has all the authority of that office"?

edit on 28-3-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Being as how this was all about the claim of Obama wiretap, Nunes at his announcement seemed to be so excited about his info, I was expecting a more robust response from Trump, like, "See! I told you so!" Maybe it would have been that, except Nunes ended up also acknowledging that the original claim about wiretapping was still "not right" but that "It does appear like his name and people and others ended up into intelligence reports." So, Nunes's announcement was partly helpful. Somewhat vindicating.

Now I'm thinking that Nunes might never have even seen any info (which is why he can't give any info to his committee!). It just sounds like some concocted stunt. Ryan needs Trump (not just for the House health insurance negotiations that was happening at the time but for future legislation), so maybe this was Ryan having Nunes deliver a friendly "gift", and Nunes thinking it also would make both him and Trump look good. Hey, it all sounded plausible, right?!

So, I'm also changing my thinking re Boris Epshteyn leaving.... maybe it has to do with Flynn and FBI? Something made Boris bug out. But that, like so much more, remains to be seen.... but who knows when....

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: desert

Boris Epshtyn may have Russian ancestry from his name. Regardless, it's not unusual for employees to come and go. It does not have to be a conspiracy theory.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Is Boris Epshteyn a Russian Agent?

When It Comes To Donald Trump’s Russia Ties, It’s All About The Aides... And he seems to be taking their advice.

Seems to match for Source E of the Steele dossier. .... but, this is all for another thread.... no more here

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   
BRAVO to Devin Nunes...

""Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) said Tuesday that he’ll never reveal the source behind his claim that members of Donald Trump’s team had indirectly come under surveillance by U.S. intelligence agencies. 

“We will never reveal sources and methods,” Nunes, chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, said to ABC News’ Mary Bruce on Tuesday.""
Source: www.huffingtonpost.com...

--ALSO--

Slate, Huffington-Post, NBC, & CNN are calling for him to "recuse" himself from the huge Russian-Election-Trump-Clinton-DNC-Obama investigation.

As a result, Devin Nunes is saying that he WILL NOT recuse himself. No way!
Source: www.nytimes.com...

When those publications ask you to do something...do EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE, and you'll be in great shape. Once again... BRAVO to Congressman Nunes!

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   
It's ironic how big of a deal Dems are making out of a procedural bit of protocol compared to the huge transgression which is the IC working against the president elect.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox
It's ironic how big of a deal Dems are making out of a procedural bit of protocol compared to the huge transgression which is the IC working against the president elect.

The Democrats are inflicting long-term mortal wounds upon themselves by focusing on these non-issues, while the Trump Administration continues to add fuel to America's economic engine.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I liked Gowdy's response to the reporter telling him that Dems were asking him to step aside. It was something along the lines of---Why should we take the advise of a failed party?

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
BRAVO to Devin Nunes...

""Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) said Tuesday that he’ll never reveal the source behind his claim that members of Donald Trump’s team had indirectly come under surveillance by U.S. intelligence agencies. 

“We will never reveal sources and methods,” Nunes, chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, said to ABC News’ Mary Bruce on Tuesday.""

--ALSO--

Slate, Huffington-Post, NBC, & CNN are calling for him to "recuse" himself from the huge Russian-Election-Trump-Clinton-DNC-Obama investigation.

When those publications ask you to do something...do EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE, and you'll be in great shape. Once again... BRAVO to Congressman Nunes!

Yes, Nunes should be congratulated and I hope it continues the trend of ignoring whining Democrats who keep calling for people to be removed from their jobs if they don't say and do what they want.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
Nunes also told Blitzer that he'd had the information for quite a while.

Sooo. He had a secret meeting to get information he already had?
But then, he had not expected to see what he saw?

The man seems a little confused.

Had the info for quite a while and never shared it with the rest of the committee?

This fish is rotting from both ends...

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

I clicked your link and it brought me right back to your last post.

Did that confuse you?

:-)

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

All this stalling of the House investigation by Nunes is so transparent.

If there is/was no wrongdoing by the Trump team, an investigation will show that. So why foot drag, unless Nunes knows there is a fire smoldering under all this Kremlingate smoke?

I hope the Senate Intelligence committee will take the reigns.
edit on 3/29/2017 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Alright i think i get it now, i guess this is why everyone is asking for a separate investigation. we will have to see what comes out of the letter dpertments. I wonder who appointed Nunes, that might be an interesting search.

The reality is not quite as simple as that. The old rules around 'Special Prosecutors' no longer exist as they did in, say, Bill Clinton's Presidency.

Any independent counsel would be appointed by Jeff Sessions, who reports to President Trump.

Sessions recused himself...

After Watergate (When Nixon fired the Special Prosecutor) there was a law in place that put selection of a Special Prosecutor in the hands of a 3 Judge panel.

That expired in 1999 and when it did it defaulted back to DOJ/Executive Branch.

With AG Sessions recusing himself, the decision falls to his deputy..

On February 24, 2017, Republican Congressman Darrell Issa called for the appointment of a special counsel on the Real Time with Bill Maher show.

On March 2, 2017, Attorney General Jeff Sessions recused himself from the investigation regarding Russian interference in the 2016 election following revelations that he had had meetings with the Russian ambassador while a Trump campaign surrogate, and had falsely testified otherwise in his senate confirmation hearing.

The decision over whether to appoint a special counsel thus devolved to his deputy, currently Acting Deputy Attorney General Dana Boente.

In senate confirmation hearings for Rod Rosenstein to replace Boente as Deputy Attorney General, ongoing in March 2017, several Democratic senators have sought to make the confirmation conditional on Rosenstein's agreement to appoint a special counsel. Rosenstein has declined to make such a commitment, and because Democrats are in the minority, this is unlikely to prevent his confirmation.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
BRAVO to Devin Nunes...

--ALSO--

Yes, Nunes should be congratulated and I hope it continues the trend of ignoring whining Democrats who keep calling for people to be removed from their jobs if they don't say and do what they want.

If Nunes was heading an official investigation as a lead investigator for the FBI and was sharing evidence and working with the subject of the investigation the way he has been with Trump...He would have been arrested immediately and his office and house would be raided by the FBI as we speak.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Trump is not under investigation, as far as I know. Comey never said Trump is under investigation.

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join