It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemason's link to Hillsborough investigated by IPCC

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 03:29 AM
link   
*Did a search and this topic didn't come up* There are many threads on the Hillsborough disaster and its subsequent cover-up so I won't elaborate here. Also quarrels over who was to blame have been strung out and became tiresome long ago. This thread is more focused on the alleged influence of the Freemason's in the aftermath and on how the Police handled the disaster.

The Independent Police Complaints Commission is investigating the involvement of the Freemasons in the Hillsborough disaster and subsequent cover-up, it has revealed.

It's probably not something that will come as a major surprise to people here, that the Freemason's are alleged to have held a significant influence over senior levels of the police. However any claim of this would largely be considered gradiose conspiracy without evidence. This itself isn't direct evidence, however the fact that the IPCC would even openly consider this as evidence shows to me that these ideas don't just exist in the minds of conspiracy theorists, it adds a pretty significant amount of credence to the idea. If it is found that the influence of Freemansonry was strong in the late 80's, I wouldn't be surprised if it was still the same today.

Both Former Chief Superintendent David Duckenfield, who had overall responsibility for policing at the match, and his predecessor Brian Mole were members of the Freemasons. Mr Duckenfield became Worshipful Master – the head of his local lodge – the year after the disaster.

So you oversee a fatal disaster, at best showing gross incompetence, and yet the Freemason's still promote you to Worshipful Master (whatever that means)...

Link

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: twfau

Unusual that it should be mentioned in the media. When Met constable whistleblower James Patrick gave evidence on the target culture etc. to a government panel, and a participant in the discussion brought up Freemasony, the chair instantly shut down discussion.

We should jump on this one and drag out every connection we can find. Most likely this has already been prepared as an avenue that will meander off into nothing. We have to take control of this line of enquiry and ignore the prepared story.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Here's the video. 43:14 for the moment of truth.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   
This is fuel for the fire of those grasping at straws who wish to demonize Freemasonary
Any group or organisation is open to corruption if this is the case

One bad apple does not mean the whole barrel is rotten
And it is insincere to use Freemasons as a scapegoat in that respect

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

My grandfather was a Scotland Yard Detective. He wasn't impressed by the cowardly, conniving, evidence planting freemason bunch of crooks he worked with.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

I am sure there are corrupt Freemasons but that does not mean Freemasonary is corrupt
Corrupt Freemasons are not representative of Freemasonary

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Absolute truth. Every institution, fraternity, company, ect. has bad people who do bad things. It doesn't mean the whole is bad. Think of this, there are easily millions of Freemasons in the world, all doing what Freemasonry strives at, Making good men better, and yet when someone does something wrong everyone is up in arms at the whole group. So quick to point out bad deeds by members and turn a blind eye to what the fraternity actually does, in plain site; like Masons 4 Mitts, the Shriner's hospitals for childten, this little ditty is far beyond enough to call these men Saints, scholarships for schools, community outreach, and the very fact that they are taking members of the community and helping them become better men, better husbands, better fathers, better friends. Freemasonry should be spoken of with aww and admiration, but you'd rather drag it through the muck. Shame

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Joki42

I agree ... I have a great respect for Freemasonary ...

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Joki42

Isn't that the argument of any major organisation when their actions are called into question? I agree that fantastic things are done in the name of the Freemason's, but also if not so good things are done in their name then they need to be highlighted rather than attacked. They should be held accountable if it is found they were complicit in wide-scale cover-ups.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Isn't that the argument of any major organisation when their actions are called into question? I agree that fantastic things are done in the name of the Freemason's, but also if not so good things are done in their name then they need to be highlighted rather than attacked. They should be held accountable if it is found they were complicit in wide-scale cover-ups.

Of course all acts of corruption should be held up before the law the land
If it is proven that some Freemasons have colluded to pervert the course of justice ... so be it
But this should not be used to smear the name of Freemasonry whose core tenets are in opposition to such acts

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

There are many Mason ATS members reading this now...and wondering wtf this is going on about.

At least its clarified clearly its not referring to ALL Masonry members...otherwise you'd be insulting a lot of us.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

According to the Masonic Handbook, cover-ups and perjury are required:

"You must conceal all the crimes of your brother Masons, except murder and treason, and these only at your own option, and should you be summoned as a witness against a brother Mason be always sure to shield him. Prevaricate [falsify], don't tell the whole truth in his case, keep his secrets, forget the most important points. It may be perjury to do this, it is true, but you're keeping your obligations, and remember if you live up to your obligation strictly, you'll be free from sin." (Edmond Ronayne, "Masonic Handbook," page 183)

www.crossroad.to...

I've seen other sources saying the same thing. At certain levels they are required to pledge to help fellow Freemasons in distress if they are able, except in cases of murder or treason. At higher levels, the exceptions to murder and treason are omitted.

I wouldn't feel optimistic in a trial where the judge and the opposing council were both Freemasons, and my lawyer wasn't.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

That handbook quote is a hoax. If you try to find the actual Masonic Handbook and page number it does not exist. Also, that alleged quote is from a handbook in the United States which would not be relative to United Kingdom Masons.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Try finding a copy of said "Masonic Handbook". It doesn't exist outside of conspiracy theorists minds.

Also, the site you linked to just loves to quote Albert Pike. That's another indication that they don't know what they're talking about.

And then there's the "Freemasonry is a religion and anti-Christian". That just made me LOL.
edit on 2782016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

None of that is true. Whatsoever.

I don't know who that person is or what he is writing about, but it isn't Freemasonry. Or at least, not Freemasonry as specific by the UGLE, of which I am a member.

Tell me - what do you people think would be achieved by a very well know, very *public* organisation such as Freemasonry, by covering up information about the Hillsborough disaster? How could something like that be hidden and concealed? It couldn't.

And it also goes against the very tenants of Freemasonry and what we stand for.

Once again, you people are running off the Hollywood playbook. Blood oaths, criminality, etc. If any of you knew what happens in a real lodge, you'd either sigh in morose disbelief as how UNeventual it can be or stare quizzically are the old men shuffling about and farting without knowing it!
I know many of the older chaps at mine are...not always aware of their own functions

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
So there is no requirement for a Mason to help a fellow mason if requested? There is no oath to that effect?

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

So there is no requirement for a Mason to help a fellow mason if requested? There is no oath to that effect?

There is, it tasks us to help all poor and distressed Brothers and their families without injury to ourselves or those having a prior claim on our bounty. We are also charged with obeying the laws of the country in which we reside so helping a Brother escape justice would be un-Masonic.

I can post the actual excerpt about obeying the law since it is not in cipher. The other part I cannot but if you pick up a ritual monitor you will pretty much get the same wording as I just used.

edit on 27-8-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

Yeah, you would help another Mason like you would help your non-Mason friend. That doesn't mean lying, covering up or anything else nefarious.

link   
Also, we don't do blood oaths.

I did, however perform a very dangerous and secretive Dark Chocolate Brownie Oath, swearing that I would not divulge that AugustusMasonicus goes commando under his Illuminaughty goat robe and mask.

Oaths like that... you take to the grave, ya know?

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
There is, it tasks us to help all poor and distressed Brothers and their families without injury to ourselves or those having a prior claim on our bounty. We are also charged with obeying the laws of the country in which we reside so helping a Brother escape justice would be un-Masonic.

I was trying to allude to exactly this earlier.

Why non-Masons think that sort of behaviour is actually condoned let alone concealed show just how bored some people are.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join