It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - Kidney Proof - Internal Organs Changed Position

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
To those saying "Why can't some people just admit when they're wrong".

I think you must of had or have people in your lives that don't admit when they're wrong - based on the psychology / structure of the statement.

You can't be talking about me.. I've never given any indication that I don't admit when I'm wrong.

I think you're basing the statement on your own past experiences with someone, and tying that into how facts here don't match what I'm saying.

That says you don't understand what the Mandela Effect is, and that you're lumping me in with someone you know.

I would admit if I was wrong, but I'm not. Note facts here don't change the facts I know. Period.

In my opinion, you should know the definition of the Mandela Effect - before you post in a Mandela Effect thread. Anything else is a waist of your time, and fills a database with unrelated garbage.

Ok skeptics - let your freak out begin now..

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

facts here don't change the facts I know

And that's why we know you refuse to admit when you are wrong.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj
I've never given any indication that I don't admit when I'm wrong.

In this timeline, you're wrong. Perhaps that should be the actual definition of ME: A phenomena in which people theorize the existence of some imaginary parallel universe wherein they are correct, which cannot be proven to exist with any empirical evidence.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TheMaxHeadroomIncident

If you tell someone your are actually their dad "Luke(listen up son this is some heavy stuff), I AM your father sounds way more logical.

You are always on about context and what not,

Do you understand the context of what was being discussed by Luke and Vader.

It was about Luke's presumably dead father.

Vader answer with, "No, I am your father".

Why would Vader say Luke, who else was involved with the conversation about dead fathers for Vader to make it clear he is talking to Luke.

Its amazing people argue semantics over and over and blast other over and over for not getting the context and not paying attention yet its displayed over and over by ME believers.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Why would Vader say Luke, who else was involved with the conversation about dead fathers for Vader to make it clear he is talking to Luke.

He didn't say "Luke" to signal that he was talking to him. I just explained this.

Why don't just admit that you were completely wrong about it only being used in a condescending way. I just showed you this.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Do you under stand you use pop culture and urban legends to try and validate an erroneous physics problem of time lines?

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom

Can humans make mistakes? can they be fallible yes or no?.

Is rain wet? Do I really have to say yes or no in order for you to make your "point"?

edit on 18-8-2016 by TheMaxHeadroomIncident because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

So what makes you different and special? Why can you not accept you are either mistaken or didn't know un the first place why blame the Mandela effect for your own failings?.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

Yup I have met many who experience the same when I worked in dementia wards .

Interesting. So you are saying that these people not only lose their memory and are unable to take care of themselves, but also share the same faulty memories with the other demented? Like do they talk about it and compare these faulty memories or were you keeping track of it.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Look you do understand that things like false memories happen all the time don't you if you had any knowledge about psychology you would know the Mandela effect is explainable and sorry it is just the way we are wired.
I would seriously contact a health professional if you can not see this.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

So what makes you different and special?

Ehm nothing? At least not in relation to the ME. And even if this was the case, then what?

It's easy to see you feel very threatened. Don't worry you are a very special boy too in your own way. *pats head*

Why can you not accept you are either mistaken or didn't know un the first place

I never said that this is not one of the possibilities. I don't get this argument of yours. Why would I not admit that I can be wrong, and have been wrong about, and forgot, lots of trivial, and important things.

Who cares?

I noticed things myself before I ever heard others talking about the exact same things. If it had just been me I would never have mentioned it to anyone. My gut tells me something is off. I trust my gut. If this is then backed up by others I can not ignore it.

I do have to add that at least half of the supposed ME's are obviously due to faulty memory and whatnot.

why blame the Mandela effect for your own failings?.

What blame? I don't need an excuse.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

He didn't say "Luke" to signal that he was talking to him. I just explained this.

yeah because something heavy and No sounds like Nope by the way,

It might sound logical to you and those that think that was line but not to many others.

Its been explained using logic, I guess certain logic is just alien to some people that have come from another timeline.

You are here in this timeline, get with the program, here you are wrong.

It might have been Jack, I am your sparrow that Vader said your time line, here its No, I am your father, here, it actually makes sense given whats being discussed in that part of movie.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I feel like the deniers are so much more passionate about this then the believers... I wonder why that is...

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Aedaeum

I know right, this obviously has more to do with their own fragile minds than it has to do with the believers and the ME itself.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aedaeum
I feel like the deniers are so much more passionate about this then the believers... I wonder why that is...

Probably because ME is low hanging fruit, and this is the internet, where the primary means of communication tends to be outrage and indignation. It's really hard to resist low hanging fruit.

Although I'm not sure I agree that the deniers are more passionate. The believers certainly keep up their part of the bargain.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

You are here in this timeline

You don't say.

get with the program

Screw that. Absolutely not.

here you are wrong.

I was discussing wether or not "Luke" would sound logical in the context, regardless of it being ME. I am not wrong about what I said.

"Luke" definitely fits in the context, and so does "no", but it doesn't sound as dramatic. It feels like an anticlimax where "Luke" was a climax.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Greggers

Probably because ME is low hanging fruit, and this is the internet, where the primary means of communication tends to be outrage and indignation. It's really hard to resist low hanging fruit.

Exactly, it requires no intelligence, it is easy and most importantly, it is very safe......

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Why human memory is unreliable.

www.scientificamerican.com...

" On the contrary, psychologists have found that memories are reconstructed rather than played back each time we recall them. "

"Many researchers have created false memories in normal individuals; what is more, many of these subjects are certain that the memories are real."

Real science. Not misconceptions of Urban legends and pop culture.....
edit on 18-8-2016 by neutronflux because: Added another quote

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheMaxHeadroomIncident

Exactly, it requires no intelligence, it is easy and most importantly, it is very safe......

I'm not sure safety is really an issue on an anonymous message board, but otherwise I agree with you. It certainly takes very little intelligence to argue against ME. What I can't figure out is why believers in ME apparently cannot see that all their evidence is easily dismissed as faulty memory, not just as a debate tactic but because it has all the telltale signs of faulty memory.

For example, earlier in the thread someone mentioned that their biology professor gave a lecture on a list of common misconceptions about human anatomy, even going so far as to explain the cultural influences that gave rise to such common misconceptions.

Why anyone would choose "I must be from an alternate timeline" over "Maybe I just fell victim to the same cultural bias that has been previously documented" is something I don't understand.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

It allows then to be the hero, the smart one, and the exceptional one in their conspiracies...... it's a form of grown up dungeons and dragons that gives them the feeling of control.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join