It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - Kidney Proof - Internal Organs Changed Position

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Ruiner1978

Then by all means show me how you use a direct address when you are alone with someone else. What is the context for the direct address? Poor education wins another one for the ME crowd.

Surely you also see your bad grammar with even that quote.

It clearly states, "a reply to Raymundoko", and then you follow it up with "Raymundoko,..."

So your post states the subject of address twice for no reason. C'mon man.
edit on 17-8-2016 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sahabi
a reply to: Pearj

The organs are exactly where I remember.

Back in the early 90's, our biology teacher specifically addressed the common misconceptions of organ location, such as a "left-sided" heart and "centered" stomach.

I remember this as clear as day, because he had us point to where we thought the heart and stomach were located, and we were all shocked by the truth of the matter. He told us, the incorrect locations stem back from folklore, anatomical ignorance, and simplification of teaching.

Except these days, folklore, anatomical ignorance, and simplification of teaching have been supplanted by an imaginary world where everybody is right all the time in SOME reality far, far away.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

Then by all means show me how you use a direct address when you are alone with someone else. What is the context for the direct address? Poor education wins another one for the ME crowd.

Surely you also see your bad grammar with even that quote.

It clearly states, "a reply to Raymundoko", and then you follow it up with "Raymundoko,..."

So your post states the subject of address twice for no reason. C'mon man.

It's already been explained, Raymundoko. The numerous examples are there.

And again, you've got me wrong. I am not an "ME believer". I have stated before that I retract all speculation I have made in the past on the subject. You know this as it was during an exchange with you.

The point is, saying Vader can't have said LUKE instead of No because it's nonsensical and claiming that as proof is absolute bunk and IMO just as idiotic as talk of timelines because it is a FACT that addressing someone by name in that situation is perfectly acceptable and reasonable no matter how many times you, RAYMUNDOKO, say it isn't.

Seems it's not just the ME ers that go to strange lengths to avoid admitting being wrong, eh?
Obviously just an Internet thing.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Yet again you used bad Grammar. You stated the direct address twice. Don't see you the mistake you are making? You continue to make yourself look uneducated.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

originally posted by: tigertatzen

The heart has never been on the left side of the chest and it's not in the center now; it is slightly distal from the left lateral aspect of the mediastinum where it has always been.

You have two arteries in your wrist; the ulnar (pinky side) and radial (thumb side, and it extends into the thumb, which is why you NEVER check for a pulse with your thumb). The space in between the ulna and radius (the two corresponding bones of the arm that give the arteries their names) has no major blood vessels. They would be vulnerable to injury, were they located in the center...primarily due to being pinched by tendons and muscles during normal arm movements, of which we make millions throughout the day.

The blood circulates...arterial blood, which is oxygenated, pumps out of the heart and is carried by arteries to the organs and delivers the oxygen which powers the brain and nourishes the other organ systems. It is then pushed into the venous system, sans oxygen, where it continues in a circular fashion back to the heart to be reoxygenated and then pumped out again into the arterial system. This is why arteries spurt and veins drip.

The arteries in the extremities are dependent upon each other for that circulation. They have to create the upward momentum of the arterial push to keep the circle going. If one or the other of those arteries is occluded, the blood flow cannot be completed and the tissue, lacking the oxygen to nourish it, begins to die. Occlude them long enough, and you lose that limb...longer still and the brain will be damaged, just from those small arteries inhibiting the flow of blood.

If our arteries were in the carpal tunnel, in the middle, not only would their size and independent pumping action cause them to compress each other, effectively blocking blood flow, they would also be completely unprotected...we'd never be able to wear a watch or be placed in handcuffs or anything constricting; and every time we lifted something or dribbled a ball or any other action that involves the fine muscles, we'd be cutting off oxygen to our vital organs...including the brain, which enables us to make those movements in the first place.

Familiarize yourself with not only the anatomy, but also the physiology of the human body, and you will see why what you are suggesting is medically impossible. If you've ever checked a pulse in the center of the wrist, it's not the Mandela Effect...you've simply been doing it wrong.

The kidneys are very large organs. If they were not protected by the ribcage, and were situated where you (and millions of other people...this is a very common mistake) think they're supposed to be, they'd be directly under the skin...and one good fall from a ladder or tree onto the back would kill a person. Not only that, if these large, easily damaged organs were in the lower back, they'd be compressed and unable to receive adequate circulation, and the ureters, which carry urine to the bladder, and the bladder itself would also be squished, unable to function properly. It's a trickle-down effect, if you'll pardon the pun.

All of our "tubing" depends upon the ability to expand and maintain adequate flow, and all of our organs depend on the tubing to deliver nutrients and oxygen and waste to the proper location. That is why they're strategically placed. Take the stomach and point it straight down, it pushes into the diaphragm and intestines...suddenly we cannot breathe or digest food properly.

Push the kidneys down into the lower back, compressing the lower intestine, the liver, the ureters and bladder, the pancreas and spleen, the stomach and the heart, as well as the abdominal aorta, femoral arteries and numerous nerve centers that send signals to and from the brain and CNS, suddenly we cannot urinate, defecate, breathe, digest, filter toxins, or regulate hormones and nutrients properly. Most people would never make it to adolescence.

Additionally, if the anatomy were rearranged where all of the largest major organs are located primarily in the abdominal cavity, there would be a useless expanse of empty space left in the thoracic cavity and the heart would have to work overtime to pump oxygenated blood to the other organs because they'd be such a distance from it. It would become huge and unable to beat properly, and we would quickly die of congestive heart failure.

I could give you numerous reasons in addition to those why the organ placement that you are describing make no sense medically...pages worth. I am in fact oversimplifying for this context. There are many things wrong with the depictions of human anatomy currently on the internet, but I'm sorry...the ones you are have cited here are not any of those.

In almost two decades of clinical patient care in emergency medicine, I have heard some pretty wild beliefs from patients and their families. One of the most common of those is the placement of the kidneys. People present with lower back pain and insist they've got "kidney pain". Often it takes being shown their own radiology films to prove otherwise, so stubborn is their conviction that the kidneys sit in the lumbar region rather than the thoracic. And just as commonly, their point of reference is boxing, UFC fights, wrestling or movies and TV shows like ER.

As one doc put it, "kidney shot" sounds a whole lot more devastating to an audience than "sharp jab to the lower back muscle", doesn't it? Absolutely, it does, and that is exactly why fight announcers say things like that.

But don't take my word for it. Go see your physician, and tell him or her that you thought the radial artery was located in the carpal space between the bones of your wrist. Tell him/her that you thought your heart was located behind your left ribcage rather than nestled in the cardiac notch. Tell your doc that you thought your kidneys were just above your pelvic girdle, riding the sacrum and lateral aspects of the iliac crest; that you thought this despite the fact that human fetuses also grow within that same abdominal cavity. Ask your physician, who is actually licensed to practice medicine, what he or she thinks about your current understanding of human anatomy.

I am not trying to be harsh...I have experienced a number of these things myself. But some of them I really did remember wrong, and I would be remiss if I did not speak up when I see someone else falling into that same trap.

Welp, let me say that in spite of this post seemingly being ignored in the thread (ATS loves an argument more than a resolution) I commend you on taking the time to actually type this out.

Thread done really, right? Lol as if it could be, with so much frickin "fun" to be had.

This should be applauded.

One day later the specific post has "+8" stars where it had none or maybe one when the above post was written yesterday.

Interesting. You would almost think there was a concerted effort to star this specific post.

Also interesting to see the sudden change in tune and how this is presented.
edit on 17-8-2016 by TheMaxHeadroomIncident because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

Yet again you used bad Grammar. You stated the direct address twice. Don't see you the mistake you are making? You continue to make yourself look uneducated.

It is not bad Grammar to use direct address in a one on one conversation, at any point in that conversation.
You are making it up.

www.imsdb.com...'s-Ladder.html

Here is a link to the script of one of my favourite films, Jacob's Ladder.
As you can see it is absolutely chock full of examples of direct address by name in one on one scenes.
Look at any other script and you will see many other examples.

Perhaps you should email Adriane Lyne (or any other screenwriter) and call her uneducated?

Or perhaps you can post a scientific peer paper that proves that people don't talk or write in that way, when we all do?

Or perhaps you can stop lying, making stuff up and just admit you are wrong?
edit on 17 8 1616 by Ruiner1978 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17 8 1616 by Ruiner1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TheMaxHeadroomIncident

This should be applauded.

Looks like your wishes were answered by some sort of force......

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
The OP's pic he used, if right might mean that it had moved but it is indeed as one poster pointed out the small of the back just over the hips below the liver. Biology/Chemistry Double Major. Just a bad drawing not a moved liver from any Mandella affect IMHO!

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
Agree, there might be some historical events which can be murky, and need to be clarified, but it's funny now how every faulty memory learned in grade school is automatically blamed on the ME. I guess human ego just won't let someone admit their losing memory recall as they grow older.

THIS is the true Mandela Effect. It has nothing to do with established fact inexplicably changing, and has everything to do with people being too stubborn to accept that they've mis-remembered an (often irrelevant) obscure fact. The perpetuation of the non-facts is usually done via the media. The Vader quote is a good example. He says, "No, I am your father," but various spoofs and references had him say "Luke" instead. Another is Trek's famous "Beam me up, Scotty," which was never ever said despite people remembering it being said often (FYI Scotty was chief engineer. He dealt with the warp core, not the transporters). Tell someone that though and they will be adamant you're wrong. Mandela obviously didn't die in the 80's, he just stopped being a media story so much. People have been told the heart is on the left, because it is... it's SLIGHTLY left of the centre. Which puts it on the left. That doesn't mean it's growing out of your torso, just that more of it is on the left of your centre than the right.

Mandela Effect = common misconceptions which people refuse to believe they're wrong about. In short, it's all arrogance.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Again, the infinite possible universe thing, wouldn't you have conflicting memories of having three arms, four arms, no arms, two arms, and so on?

If the boundaries that separate the infinite universes really were fraying, you would be crazy from an infinite amount of conflicting memories.

Well, some have the crazy part. I guess the flat earth people might be right in at least one possible universe.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
Again, the infinite possible universe thing, wouldn't you have conflicting memories of having three arms, four arms, no arms, two arms, and so on?

If the boundaries that separate the infinite universes really were fraying, you would be crazy from an infinite amount of conflicting memories.

Well, some have the crazy part. I guess the flat earth people might be right in at least one possible universe.

I realize your post is in jest, but as an interesting aside (interesting to me anyway), I highly doubt the physics that would allow for a flat earth would facilitate any of the other technological advancements we take for granted in this timeline (and apparently, in every other timeline, given that none of the Mandela sufferers seem to recall a total absence of televisions or toasters). This would would be a very strange universe.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Right there with you bud, its no point to do anything on ATS though, many have tried. The natives are to convinced (they might be natives and don't remember the change or don't have the receptors to see through the changes like you).

There are groups out there of people experiencing the same thing, message me if your interested.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: TheMaxHeadroomIncident

Can humans make mistakes? can they be fallible yes or no?.
edit on 18-8-2016 by TheKnightofDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Well I figured it out...it isn't the ME...your pregnant and that is why your organs have moved.

mashable.com...

There you go case solved.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: FoxStriker

Yes it is called faulty memory...

Here is a good article that should be read by you and the OP.

www.theatlantic.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   
The Mandela Effect...Lol!

One of ATS's more hilarious collection of threads.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: FoxStriker

Yup I have met many who experience the same when I worked in dementia wards .

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Surely there must be a thought experiment we can do and figure out how to prove the mandela effect
something , because if physics is presenting multiverse theory and string theory then surely it is possible
that something from one reality has somehow crossed a dimension and mixed with the other.

Lets think about it like this for a second , can we construct a thought experiment to test the mandela affect
like if we can theorise that multiverses exist based on the maths then surely the maths can explain the mandela affect

Either that or we collectively wade through our known human history and check dates and names and see if there are any mismatches

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: JackofBlades

im a lover of star trek , thats mental

now im going to watch them all back and find out hahaha

surely one episode where the away team consists of everyone who normally operates the transporter and scotty has to do it because he is the one left behind !

surely

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Yes, Scotty has handled the transporters, but never was "Beam me up Scotty" ever said.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join