It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - Kidney Proof - Internal Organs Changed Position

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale
a reply to: TheMaxHeadroomIncident

He didn't say "Luke" to signal that he was talking to him. I just explained this.

yeah because something heavy and No sounds like Nope by the way,

It might sound logical to you and those that think that was line but not to many others.

Its been explained using logic, I guess certain logic is just alien to some people that have come from another timeline.

You are here in this timeline, get with the program, here you are wrong.

It might have been Jack, I am your sparrow that Vader said your time line, here its No, I am your father, here, it actually makes sense given whats being discussed in that part of movie.

Yes, Vader said "No, I am your father".

But the "saying Luke makes no sense" argument has been proved to be absolute rubbish.
It's perfectly logical and reasonable to address by name in that situation. Denial of this is just plain ignorance. Claiming it's bad Grammar to do so is a complete fabrication.

Seriously, some of you hyper-skeptics are coming up with stuff that's just as ridiculous as the changing anatomy talk.

You can't just make stuff up to back up your stance, and then make comments about other people's logic, education or mental health when they, quite rightly disagree with your baseless claims.
The irony!

Bad form...

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Control of what?

I would say you guys are the control freaks, feeling oh so threatened when you spot others feeling "special".

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TheMaxHeadroomIncident

I don't feel threatened by anything? I look at the facts of how fallible the human memory is, how your arguments are based on misconceptions of pop culture, and have nothing to do with physics.

You don't draw your conclusion from facts. You create narratives.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ruiner1978

Seriously, some of you hyper-skeptics are coming up with stuff that's just as ridiculous as the changing anatomy talk.

Your serious allegations of timeline whatever's is based on the interpretation of movie quotes. Seems more like a religious debate based on pop culture than a scientific one.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
In fact, I like dungeons and dragons. I also understand the importance of imagination in engineering. But I also understand what is fantasy and what is reality. Using the misconceptions of the remembrance of pop culture items and urban legends as the end all of the proof of ME shows how week your arguments are and based on pseudoscience.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

originally posted by: Ruiner1978

Your serious allegations of timeline whatever's is based on the interpretation of movie quotes. Seems more like a religious debate based on pop culture than a scientific one.

I beg your pardon.
My allegations of timeline whatever's?

I've made no such allegations.
I have never subscribed to that theory.
You need to pay better attention.
I am in fact an ME skeptic. I used to entertain ideas on the topic but have since realised a few things about it.

Again, hyper-skeptics jumping to conclusions because someone disagrees with something they say, automatically lumping me in with the "ME crowd".

Not very observant of you, how very scientific...

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Greggers

I'm not sure safety is really an issue on an anonymous message board

Safe in the meaning of socially safe.

Why anyone would choose "I must be from an alternate timeline" over "Maybe I just fell victim to the same cultural bias that has been previously documented" is something I don't understand.

All I know is that I listen to my gut and it tells me something is off. A lot of other people are experiencing the same things which in my opinion cannot be simply explained by faulty memory in some cases.

I cannot ignore the fact that I had noticed something being off, and it being corroborated by many others independantly from me.

Having your body feel different has nothing to do with bad education or spelling and such.

I don't walk around like "ooh I shifted realities", I still have to work and pay bills so it didn't do me any good if I actually did.

I am just willing to entertain this theory and discuss it from that position.

I think we are going to hear more about this.........

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=21145035]TheMaxHeadroomIncident

All I know is that I listen to my gut and it tells me something is off. A lot of other people are experiencing the same things which in my opinion cannot be simply explained by faulty memory in some cases.

But an awful lot of the evidence put forth as "commonly shared" has perfectly logical reasons in this timeline why it would be commonly shared. "Luke, I am your father," and "Mirror Mirror on the wall" are perfect examples, as we know how these entered the pop culture lexicon. Misunderstandings of biology can also be traced to common sources.

Furthermore, it's the type of evidence that really gives the game away. It almost always tends to be slight variations on basic trivia rather than narratives manufactured from whole cloth, and even for the bigger head scratchers, the way in which these stories are corroborated (in an open forum where each individual has an opportunity to hear another person's ruminations before deciding whether he shares the same experience) is not very convincing. In fact, sharing in this manner actually encourages false positives.

I am just willing to entertain this theory and discuss it from that position.

Fair enough.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Ruiner1978

And you are outraged that skeptics poke fun at ME backers using "Luke, I'm your father." quote to prove ME?

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

And you are outraged that skeptics poke fun at ME backers using "Luke, I'm your father." quote to prove ME?

No, you are confused.
Pay better attention.

"Luke, i am your father" proves nothing.
Saying "saying LUKE makes no sense" proves nothing because that statement is completely false, it makes just as much sense as saying no, no matter what anyone says.

Putting that forward as proof against ME is just as idiotic as anything put forward for it.

I'm not outraged at anyone poking fun, more people talking rubbish just to back up their stance all the while being grossly hypocritical.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Correct. Using a false grammatical argument is not the way to go. In the context of "Luke, I am your father" Or "No, I am your father" grammar simply doesn't enter into the equation. "Luke, I am your father" Is just as grammatically correct as "Billy, give me the ball" or "Fred, I have already told you once" or "Jerry, I love you!" or a million other possibilities.

It was not a good argument to give at all.

ME is still ridiculous though, but I am now beyond the frustrated and well on the way to enjoying the humour of it all.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Of course its logical to poke fun at such a claim...

but you know how deep is this rabbit hole I assume.

For me it started with our location in the milky way. For the most part of my life, location was further away from the centre, in the edge of the galaxy.

Then suddenly pictures showing us close to the centre started to appear in my life. I just brushed it off as a re-calculation, or that know one had a clue.

What I didn't realize is that there was no evidence what so ever they ever said we were located at the edge.

If the above looks normal to you, please understand I accept it and can't explain you how this is ok for you.

edit on 18-8-2016 by heineken because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

Correct. Using a false grammatical argument is not the way to go. In the context of "Luke, I am your father" Or "No, I am your father" grammar simply doesn't enter into the equation. "Luke, I am your father" Is just as grammatically correct as "Billy, give me the ball" or "Fred, I have already told you once" or "Jerry, I love you!" or a million other possibilities.

It was not a good argument to give at all.

ME is still ridiculous though, but I am now beyond the frustrated and well on the way to enjoying the humour of it all.

Agreed. It's all pretty ridiculous and hilarious.
I don't see anything wrong with speculating about out there subjects in Skunkworks, it's just these hyper-skeptics have to realise they are just as guilty of just about anything they accuse the "ME crowd" of. Not using logic, unable to admit being wrong, ignoring the facts, ect.

Crazy people everywhere lol

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

"Crazy people everywhere lol"

You see what phrases you have to put up to make a point.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

I'm sorry, you are wrong. Those are direct addresses in context. The context is to get the attention of the person or to single them out in a group. I'm sorry so many people have a problem with proper grammar.

It is incorrect to use a direct address when you already have the persons attention and you are the only two parties present.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Only you both are wrong and you got typical bias confirmation. I'm sorry you lack proper education.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: heineken

"Crazy people everywhere lol"

You see what phrases you have to put up to make a point.

Myself included of course...

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I would say you were right, but what serious proof is there! The ME proof is always one artist's misconception of the milky way galaxy, urban ledges, or something from pop culture. Its like debating if the sky is pink or blue using Dr. Seuss drawings?

And the quote from the Empire Strikes Back is a vary serious and absolute proof of ME among some if it's backers. It's even used as proof on YouTube.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale
a reply to: Greggers

Everybody already knows memory is fallible.

If you say the Mandela Effect is entirely based on false memories, I'm going to disagree - and that's already established.

We aren't talking about common mistakes, we're talking about iconic changes that affect things we see and hear about everyday (eg: a Star Wars fan that's heard the iconic line hundreds of times).

When you leave for work, do you have to look at a map - or do you know how to get there?

It seems childish to waist pages baiting someone into a point that could of been done in one reply.

All of this stuff has already been established - the conversation has gone past faulty memory.

The problem is that I think you know that.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

think i got u out of context ..soz

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join