It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - Kidney Proof - Internal Organs Changed Position

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I was reading through Orborus's post where he talks about skeletal changes related to the Mandela Effect. Our internal organs have changed too, so I wanted to get these out there...

The two changes that stand out to me are the kidneys and pulse location on the wrist - but there's changes in location for the stomach and heart too.

Stomach

Our stomachs used to be straight down from our esophagus. The stomach was centered and terminated a few inches below the rib cage.

Here's where it is now - much higher (inside the rib cage) and to the left.

Heart

Our heart used to be to the left of our chest. It's now in the center.

Heart location before:

Heart location now:

Pulse

Many remember checking a pulse in the center of the wrist. Here's where you check for it now..

Kidneys

Our kidneys used to be a little above our belt line, but now they're way up under the rib cage.

Where our kidneys were:

Where our kidneys are now:

Kidney punches (Martial Arts) now hit nothing (maybe the liver), yet are still called kidney punches.

While watching these videos, remember the kidneys are now in the high-middle of the back, under the rib cage.

A bunch of kidney shots.

This young man takes a shot to the kidney right before he goes down.. The video description says: "For those who don't know, the kidneys are in the small of the back, on either side of the spine."

I remember Royce Gracie wearing down opponents in the guard with heel kicks to the kidneys. I've heard they're illegal now, but that doesn't change what he was targeting then.

I tried to find video with better examples as I've seen some fights where he went for the kidney feverishly. This is the best I could find. You'll notice he occasionally heel-kicks the kidneys (the small of the back).

These videos (along with my memory) are proof to me that the kidneys changed locations.

Skeptics will say our memory of the locations is wrong, and the folks who made the videos are uninformed. They'll joke and possibly poke at others..

..But I'm looking for civil conversation. With that said, does anyone else remember the organ locations where I do?

+21 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

The organs are exactly where I remember.

Back in the early 90's, our biology teacher specifically addressed the common misconceptions of organ location, such as a "left-sided" heart and "centered" stomach.

I remember this as clear as day, because he had us point to where we thought the heart and stomach were located, and we were all shocked by the truth of the matter. He told us, the incorrect locations stem back from folklore, anatomical ignorance, and simplification of teaching.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I think the Mandela Effect should have its name changed to this.
The organs are exactly where I was shown in grade school.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Mandela effect...lolololol

More like terrible teachers

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
OP I'll give you credit for a nicely done thread...good job on that.

But like the previous poster said, there was an unfortunate misrepresentation of where we viewed certain organs to be and for the longest time it has or had many of us fooled. No Mandela effect imo, unless my timeline is different than yours.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

My fiance died of kidney cancer back in 1999. He had a scar at the small of his back from where they took one out.

Definitely NOT up under the ribs.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
People once believed the heart was the center of emotions. Ever think with the development of better technology, the understanding of the human body changes. You example is more about public misconceptions, urban legends, and advancements in medical knowledge improving medical procedures.

Just look at the changes in the prescribed method of giving CPR over the last thirty years. Is that Mandela Effect?
edit on 16-8-2016 by neutronflux because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Our heart used to be to the left of our chest. It's now in the center.

I've never really read any theory that made me believe there could be something to the Mandela Effect, it was usually just dumb stuff that people could easily forget... but I read the above quote and thought "there's no way that's true, it's always been on the left". I do a image Google search for "location heart" and what do you know it seems to be in the center. I have to say that freaked me out for a moment, but then I started thinking maybe it's a common misconception. The location of the kidneys do also seem much higher than I remember... let me ask do you remember the liver being that high? I don't know... I will give you a S&F just for making me consider this topic more seriously.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Hey Pearj. How long have you been a doctor or surgeon?

Oh, you haven't?

Funny that the people who do this for a living don't suddenly go "I could have sworn the heart was on the left side!"

It's always, ALWAYS the people who aren't professionals that get it wrong. Then cry "Mandela Effect!!!!!"

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
For skeptic responses, I understand the locations have not changed for you.

a reply to: ChaoticOrder

After looking up the current liver location, it does seem higher and larger now.

I also thought (but am not sure) that you felt liver pain in the middle of your back. Now it's in the front.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj

Funnily enough, it never changed for you either.

This can be summed up as "lack of knowledge on the subject".

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

After looking up the current liver location, it does seem higher and larger now.

well yeah, you did post this in your OP

Kidney punches (Martial Arts) now hit nothing (maybe the liver)

this reply to Chaotic does shine some light on how knowledgeable you are about human anatomy.

So the Kidneys and liver were in the same position in your timeline?

Was Nelson Mandela president of S. Africa to people that believe in the Mandela effect, if so how did he die in Jail?

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

Yep.
That is pretty much all there is to be said about it.
Mandela Effect, meh!
I am waiting for a timeline where Mandela Effect doesn't exist!

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Obviously the liver was lower.. Just like I said.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: TerryDon79

Yep.
That is pretty much all there is to be said about it.
Mandela Effect, meh!
I am waiting for a timeline where Mandela Effect doesn't exist!

I remember a timeline where, if someone thought there anatomy was wrong, a place had moved or someone's name had changed, and they found out they were wrong, they just went "Oh. I was wrong. You learn something new every day."

Now it's just a bunch of people who refuse to be wrong and have made up an effect as an excuse to not admitting being wrong.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Holy crap. I my be on a different timeline. I remember always putting my hand over my heart during the pledge of allegiance, and then having someone explain that the heart was actually in the center, and this was 30 years ago. Now nothing can ever be the same for me. I feel so cold and alone.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

a reply to: InhaleExhale

Obviously the liver was lower.. Just like I said.

That is why I asked based on what you said were the Kidneys and Liver in the same spot.

Did you have 2 livers in your timeline as well?

Kidney punches (Martial Arts) now hit nothing (maybe the liver)

is why I ask.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
The first pic of the guy clutching his chest, the heart is not under the breast, or you'd never hear the beats on a large breasted woman. It's not dead centre either. It's slightly left.

Decades ago, when we were taught to take our pulse, it was on the side. Mines always been on the side.

Kidneys and liver I never paid much attention to, but the liver is a large organ. Pancreas pain can be felt in the front, but more commonly in the back. Maybe the liver is similar, and pain could be felt in the back(?), but you could be thinking of the pancreas or the kidneys.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Although I thoroughly disagree with your theory, I applaud the well formed presentation of the op.

I can empathize with your confusion. I was flabbergasted by my biology teacher's anatomy lesson that day. He told us that it was a very common misconception, perpetuated by culture, theatrical performances, literature, and art.

If my teacher hadn't made a conscious effort to combat cultural ignorances and misconceptions with that lesson plan, I might have went through the rest of my life believing the folklore presented in your op.

Prior to my teacher highlighting the common misconceptions and proper locations of the major organs (1980's), was I in a state of Mandela Effect?

I went through a similar shock when we began to learn that Leif Erikson's journeys to North America predated the voyages of Columbus. But nothing will ever compare to my earth-shattering realization that Santa Claus wasn't real
Sounds sarcastic, but I am completely serious.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: FaunaOrFlora

My fiance died of kidney cancer back in 1999. He had a scar at the small of his back from where they took one out.

Definitely NOT up under the ribs.

When I had my gall bladder removed they made four incisions, the furthest one away was on my lower right side. I don't have his medical records but maybe there was a reason for that?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join