It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - Any Professionals in fields like Astronomy / Medical experiencing the changes ?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   
You do know medical knowledge changes and is fine tuned over time. I remember CPR taught as ten chest compressions then two breaths. Now it's twenty to thirty compressions to two breaths. Or no breaths at all.

Has nothing to do with methods changing or personal confusion. It's obviously the Mandela Effect. A sarcastic not!

If the Mandela effect was due to blurring of an infinite number of parallel universes, you would not have one instance of strong recall. You would have numerous and equally powerful narratives. Mandela not being in prison. Mandela being white oppressed by blacks. Mandela being homosexually. Mandela being single. No person named Mandela ever being president.

Your equivalent in a parallel universe, if they were born, is a separate individual in a separate reality. Why would you be confused by another's memory not of this universe?

Mandela effect is a hoax. Mandela effect is a fantasy. Mandela effect is used to sort through the gullible.

Bottom line, if it's not true to your current reality it's a false memory by proxy.
edit on 6-8-2016 by neutronflux because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: 772STi

I agree with you the solar system is in the wrong place yet people I ask about it here say we'll it's always been there. Nothing seems odd to them about it moving 80000 lights years in the opposite direction. I think we would be classified as dimensional aliens kind of weird to think about.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: heineken

I also saw that there a star about 10 light years away that's going to supernova soon I never remember that from are timeline. It makes sense though because we're so close to the center and there's more stars around us.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I'm real late to this thread but I guess it's better late than never. I never put much thought in the Mandela effect theories, just always found them as interesting reads. But I do remember the Earth being in the outer regions of the galaxy, the reason I remember this is because I used to compare Earths position with Tatooine's outer rim position in the Star Wars galaxy. Perhaps it's faulty memory, man I'm not sure.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I shifted 2010-2011. I panicked because I couldn't find my heartbeat. Went to hospital they said I was fine.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 05:00 AM
link   

It is possible. That's all

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Just channced upon this thread.
I remember the sun being 2/3 rds way out from the centre.
my pulse has always been under the thumb on the wrist.
no professionals will acknowledge mandela effect as their salaries depend on not acknowledging the mandela effect

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I remember the 'Sun at the edge of the galaxy' from books when I was growing up, so *cough mumble* years ago now, and even then the books that I had access to were generally hand-me-downs (from as long ago as the 1940s) or well-worn library editions.

So my guess is that it used to be believed that we were right on the edge of the galaxy but now astronomy tech has improved so much our position has been revised inward. And this has happened fairly recently, which is why every diagram on the internet has us 2/3 of the way from the galactic centre.

I think, but am not sure, that the 'edge of the galaxy' decision may have been assisted by the fact that if you are looking away from the galactic centre, the milky way is virtually invisible. (What with not being backlit like a cosmic Catherine Wheel, as the 'inner' bit of the galaxy is). So it probably looked like there was very little further out from the centre than us.

Within my lifetime - this was the early 1990s, from memory - I can remember the actual shape of the Milky Way itself being revised. Bizarrely, I don't remember what supposed shape the galaxy was prior to that revision, but I think it was just a flat, circular disk with no spiral arms (or not very long ones). I.e., a lenticular galaxy like the 'Sombrero Galaxy' (NGC 4594) rather than a barred spiral galaxy as it is now known to be (unless it gets revised again).
edit on 6-8-2017 by audubon because: typo

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: audubon

If the sun has not only moved inwards but also on the opposite side, then it would mean a shift of not only 8000 light years but 80000 light years, as some1 earlier mentioned

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Have a look (particularly @ 1:06):

edit on 7-8-2017 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hyperboles

If the sun has not only moved inwards but also on the opposite side, then it would mean a shift of not only 8000 light years but 80000 light years, as some1 earlier mentioned

That's the silliest bit of the entire claim. Different illustrations depict the galaxy from different angles, and since the galaxy is roughly circular it doesn't make much difference where on the circle you put our solar system. Obviously there's no way of depicting it precisely because you would need to send a camera at least a million light-years into space above or below the galaxy in order to take a photograph of the entire galaxy face-on.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   

The North Pole thing almost got me; but if it were a land mass, wouldn't we have 8 continents? I am no geography expert, I only recall going over 7 continents in the 4th grade, though. That education was courtesy of U.S. public education, so doubts can easily be made.

The pulse was checked on the side when I took a nursing class back in 2002. Again, U.S. public education and during the "No Child Left Behind" years, so definitely up for debate.

Now, if you want to get into the Mandela Effect and how it changed "The Safety Dance", then that is something I can get behind. I don't know much, but I know music lol.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: audubon

That's the silliest bit of the entire claim. Different illustrations depict the galaxy from different angles, and since the galaxy is roughly circular it doesn't make much difference where on the circle you put our solar system. Obviously there's no way of depicting it precisely because you would need to send a camera at least a million light-years into space above or below the galaxy in order to take a photograph of the entire galaxy face-on.
You seem to know nothin about geometry. do you?
Heck we may not be in the milky way galaxy anymore

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Hyperboles

well seeing as what some want to be true,

yes,

some peoples minds are so far gone that they are beyond our galaxy and out there, some where, amongst the stars, drifting away.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

You seem to know nothin about geometry. do you?

I see.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

well seeing as what some want to be true,

yes,

some peoples minds are so far gone that they are beyond our galaxy and out there, some where, amongst the stars, drifting away.
Lol nice one.
Now as for anatomy, my family doctor sent me to a radilogy lab 2 years ago for no explicable reson, saying that we haven't done this for a long time. heck tho it was costly, i went thru the procedure. when the reports were sent to her from the lab, i telephoned to find out knowing that nothing would be wrong, but she insisted on seeing me in her clinic.
so when i met her, she said your heart has become big and the bones have become weak, looking at the x rays.
she did not comment on the sonography results tho. but when the sonography was being conducted, the probe for the kidneys was being put very high on my back not the lower back as b4. the liver dimensions were bigger compared to earlier ones from the report

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Now as for anatomy, my family doctor sent me to a radilogy lab 2 years ago for no explicable reson, saying that we haven't done this for a long time. heck tho it was costly, i went thru the procedure. when the reports were sent to her from the lab, i telephoned to find out knowing that nothing would be wrong, but she insisted on seeing me in her clinic. so when i met her, she said your heart has become big and the bones have become weak, looking at the x rays. she did not comment on the sonography results tho. but when the sonography was being conducted, the probe for the kidneys was being put very high on my back not the lower back as b4. the liver dimensions were bigger compared to earlier ones from the report

Sorry

I am really sorry but

If you accept a doctors excuse as being 'Oh' we haven't done it a long time' to get a test done then its clear how easily manipulated you are by authority or by a bias thinking.

Another example of why the Mandela effect is a psychological concern that uses pop culture, How the human mind processes and stores information to accept and explain reality that the observer is experiencing.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Coming back to the "Sun at the edge of the Galaxy" business, here's a cultural reference point that shows the idea must have been commonly accepted in the 1970s. Douglas Adams published the novel of his famous sci-fi satire The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy in 1979, and he was fairly up-to-date with the concepts he was mocking.

Two particular quotes were niggling at me, so I looked them up.

Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun. Orbiting this at a distance of roughly ninety-two million miles is an utterly insignificant little blue green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea.”

"People of Earth, your attention, please. This is Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz of the Galactic Hyperspace Planning Council. As you will no doubt be aware, the plans for development of the outlying regions of the Galaxy require the building of a hyperspatial express route through your star system. And regrettably, your planet is one of those scheduled for demolition. The process will take slightly less than two of your Earth minutes. Thank you."

I haven't been able to locate any old diagrams dating from this period (mainly because I have better things to be getting on with!) but these quotes definitely indicate that the solar system used to be thought farther out than it is believed to be now.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

Now as for anatomy, my family doctor sent me to a radilogy lab 2 years ago for no explicable reson, saying that we haven't done this for a long time. heck tho it was costly, i went thru the procedure. when the reports were sent to her from the lab, i telephoned to find out knowing that nothing would be wrong, but she insisted on seeing me in her clinic. so when i met her, she said your heart has become big and the bones have become weak, looking at the x rays. she did not comment on the sonography results tho. but when the sonography was being conducted, the probe for the kidneys was being put very high on my back not the lower back as b4. the liver dimensions were bigger compared to earlier ones from the report
Lol very well articulated. If i was your family doctor you jolly well do as i ask. i may be gathering data for my thesis or improve upon your medication.

however here the emphasies is on anatomy changes which you have dodged in your reply.
so wtf is going on.

Sorry

I am really sorry but

If you accept a doctors excuse as being 'Oh' we haven't done it a long time' to get a test done then its clear how easily manipulated you are by authority or by a bias thinking.

Another example of why the Mandela effect is a psychological concern that uses pop culture, How the human mind processes and stores information to accept and explain reality that the observer is experiencing.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Looks like you are related to nelson mandela.
your conclusion at the end your your post is right tho.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join