It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why demonize BLM?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Rubicon3

In effort to not create thread drift, please PM me. Be sitting down when you get the answer!

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ssenerawa

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle
a reply to: ssenerawa

I think they are perfectly capable of demolishing themselves, they've done a great job so far of isolating themselves and pissing everyone else off. Leave them at it, you can't fix stupid.

Cheers - Dave
Pissing off everyone like who? Well I guess whoever is in traffic.. Seeing as they have so many supporters and so many protest Idk who else you could mean except the people that happen to get caught in traffic

I guess all the innocent people in traffic, I guess all the normal people on the street when their trying to intimidate, I guess the police, when blm starts throwing violent tantrums. If they had a point, I might be able to agree with some of their less violent tactics. Problem is, they don't have a point. Do yourself a favour, educate yourself on who and what blm are and their message.

Larry elder makes excellent points and the thread is even on ats, here.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Because there are white people terrified of the idea of actual equality for whatever reason.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Demonizing them is unnecessary. We only need point out that they're wrong, and like anything wrong, sooner or later they will demonize themselves.
edit on 13-7-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

That, to me, is the greatest irony of this entire issue. Really, all of the issues we currently face. American society is divided in so many ways, but who perpetuates the division? Our bipartisan government and their considerable ilk...when behind the scenes, they all gather round the same water cooler. They are all just extensions of the same body. It's a symbiotic relationship, and the only people who don't benefit are the citizens who are utterly dependent on these folks, more and more, for every basic need. And that definitely includes the media...they have their fingers in everybody's pie and have done for a very long time.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537
They lost me when they began blocking expressways...

Yeah, like how many children had to 'wait in the cold' or whatever because their parents couldn't get there in time, kind of thing? So many things kind of like this could have happened.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Tsubaki

There are a great many people of every race out there who are afraid of true equality. Because that would mean that everyone, regardless of race or ethnicity, sex or gender, regardless of their background or personal struggles, would be held to precisely the same standard as everyone else, all of the time. There would be no protected class. There would be no excuses for anyone and no fallback if they screwed up. No assistance for people with special circumstances, because everyone would be considered 100% the same. No, people don't actually want equality. They want to have their cake and eat it too. And that is not exclusive to any one race or skin color.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Because some segments of the BLM movement promote violence and racial hatred.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Because some segments of the BLM movement promote violence and racial hatred.

Huh. Some segments of Christianity get pretty nasty too. No?
Maybe instead of condemning the many it would make more sense to condemn the few?

edit on 7/13/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Because it is a "trademarked" for the benefit of the people who invented it.

blacklivesmatter.com...

This is the Official #BlackLivesMatter Organization founded by Patrisse Cullors, Opal Tometi, and Alicia Garza.
#BlackLivesMatter is an online forum intended to build connections between Black people and our allies to fight anti-Black racism, to spark dialogue among Black people, and to facilitate the types of connections necessary to encourage social action and engagement.

Like many SJW movements and charities today it has everything to do with getting the founders money and work and little to do with solving real issues. If black lives really mattered to them they would have been anti crime and stable education and work so that they do not get in trouble with the police.

There are real cases of racial problems where really innocent people get in trouble. When criminals with a guns and a wrap sheet get killed then I do not lose any sleep. Regardless of culture/race "Live by the sword, die by the sword".

I did not even know George Soros was involved but if it is true then the corruption that follows is not far behind.
edit on 13-7-2016 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Huh. Some segments of Christianity get pretty nasty too. No? Maybe instead of condemning the many it would make more sense to condemn the few?

Condemning the many? There have been hundreds of protestors walking down the streets chanting death to police on more than a few occasions! You also have protest speakers representing BLM in front of a crowd of protestors calling for blacks to kill police if they're pulled over. I don't see organizers of the BLM movement stepping in to stop these chants or speakers from continuing their call for violence.

Lets be real, we're not talking about a few bad apples. Oh, and as far as segments of Christianity that call for violence... "two wrongs don't make a right. Those "Christianity segments" who have chanted death to homosexuals or promoted violence have also been chastised for their beliefs.
edit on 13-7-2016 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Because it's all part of the plan. If it wasn't government controlled and directed from the start, it was hijacked somewhere along the way.

Hacked messages of #BlackLivesMatter leader reveal Obama admin’s plan for ‘summer of chaos’ and martial law

The feds basically want to take over all policing duties and have complete control. (Sheriffs will be a little harder than police). Can't have people actually working together to thwart them, so artificial divides were created. Such as the times BLM has very publicly excluded White people from their efforts. By demanding "safe spaces" from Whites. By entering libraries and classes and being verbally abusive to Whites. By screaming "death to cops" and "pigs in a blanket." By focusing on race rather than rights. Things like that. All of which is played to the absolute hilt on both mainstream and alternative media.

And all of which plays into people's fears, egos, racism, classism, etc. As well as echo chambers.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen
a reply to: [post=20982271]ssenerawa[/post

We are talking about human beings here. Not what food source they choose to sustain their bodies with. If you want to speak out against eating meat, that's a whole other topic altogether. Unless we're discussing human cannibalism and the effects of that on society as a whole, what people have for dinner has absolutely nothing to do with this. The vegetarian argument is becoming tiresome, and irrelevancies such as that serve only to clutter an already convoluted issue even more. When people start reaching for the obscure and irrelevant to support an argument, it sends a clear message that they have nothing legitimate left to bring to the discussion and therefore are having to create a reason to keep the argument going, no matter how ridiculous they sound. And if that's the best that people can come up with, it's probably time to find another, more worthy cause to support.

I'm just saying is blm feels undermined and what's not to be treated privileged, but given the same dignity as their fellow Americans. They're message is that BLM matter too. The name is simply blm

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Never fails to amaze me how empty some people are.

Why on earth do you even care? It's their lives, not yours. So get out and enjoy doing what you do, and let others do what they enjoy. To focus on others instead of yourself is a big indication YOUR life is lacking direction, not theirs.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   

edit on 14-7-2016 by ssenerawa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: nightbringr

Never fails to amaze me how empty some people are.

Why on earth do you even care? It's their lives, not yours. So get out and enjoy doing what you do, and let others do what they enjoy. To focus on others instead of yourself is a big indication YOUR life is lacking direction, not theirs.
Its their lives yeah but as an American citizen technically the future of America is also my life.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen
a reply to: [post=20982271]ssenerawa[/post

We are talking about human beings here. Not what food source they choose to sustain their bodies with. If you want to speak out against eating meat, that's a whole other topic altogether. Unless we're discussing human cannibalism and the effects of that on society as a whole, what people have for dinner has absolutely nothing to do with this. The vegetarian argument is becoming tiresome, and irrelevancies such as that serve only to clutter an already convoluted issue even more. When people start reaching for the obscure and irrelevant to support an argument, it sends a clear message that they have nothing legitimate left to bring to the discussion and therefore are having to create a reason to keep the argument going, no matter how ridiculous they sound. And if that's the best that people can come up with, it's probably time to find another, more worthy cause to support.

before this was an issue no one ever uttered that statement. all I'm saying is that if someone eats other animals everyday they cannot honestly believe that all lives matter. And that of which shows that they're just plain and simply against BLM.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   
It's in the government's/media's best interest to keep the populace confused and angry at social agitators, thereby keeping the focus off of themselves. It happens time and time again; the hippies, the counterculture, Suffragettes, environmentalists. Paint them as crazies and criminals and nothing gets changed. And the people fall for it hook, line, and sinker every single time.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: AshOnMyTomatoes
It's in the government's/media's best interest to keep the populace confused and angry at social agitators, thereby keeping the focus off of themselves. It happens time and time again; the hippies, the counterculture, Suffragettes, environmentalists. Paint them as crazies and criminals and nothing gets changed. And the people fall for it hook, line, and sinker every single time.
Not really most aware of scandals and corruption the government is in people just don't do anything about it

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   

edit on 15-7-2016 by ssenerawa because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join