It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why demonize BLM?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Also several of these peoples mothers and fathers lawfully were considered property and/or only counted as 3/5 a human being also lawfully not long ago.

Their Mothers and Fathers were slaves? What does "not so long ago" mean to you? Slavery ended over 150 years ago. I seriously doubt anyone of those people great grandfathers were slaves.
I really wish people would stop dragging up the slavery bit. It's a dead horse. Stop beating it.
Someone who was born in the 19th century very well could've had parents who were slaves. If I was born in 1940 then slavery only ended 80 something years ago which is dad range. And I would today be 76 years old. horse is very well alive and even if it wasn't their parents it was their grandparents
edit on 12-7-2016 by ssenerawa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ssenerawa

When we now delve into the plant kingdom to counter an observation from another, that in essence, calls out the folks in DC from both sides of the aisle, I shake my head and hope that we can set aside what ANY so called representation we currently have has to say, and take a step back from their rhetoric....

don't buy the hype.... do your own research, unbiased...

It's evident that no matter which side of the aisle you think/thought you supported...

are anything but representing YOU... but more interested in supporting themselves...

Fall for it if you like, but I .. after many chances at the ballot box, don't appreciate the faux division fostered by those who live the comfortable life at our expense....

We need the change.. problem is, it's up to us... not the elected...

Do we answer the call? or do we continue to be herded into blocks to guarantee the continuation of the madness we all despise?

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

Uh uh...why's it been introduced onto our flag...as a seamstress (design and make my own patterns) I REALLY would like to know because gold, or ANY metallic thread, is a pain to sew with! Thanks!

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Also several of these peoples mothers and fathers lawfully were considered property and/or only counted as 3/5 a human being also lawfully not long ago

That hole 3/5th human thing has been twisted for years. The Northern states( supposably the good guys in the war of states rights) didn't wanted slaves counted at all. I guess the North didn't see them as human at all. We're as the South argued to get them them counted as 3/5 of a person. I guess 3/5th's is better than none at all.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Sadly, I agree. But it is a road paved to hell with good intentions.

I'm not biased I thought the same about the Bundy's ranch stand off.

link   
They lost me when they began blocking expressways... Just shows how stupid they are.. Now what happens when a bunch of these idiots run onto a expressway with cars going 70mph and a driver hits one of these idiots? Now that poor driver has to live with what happened due to careless morons running onto expressways trying to shut down traffic... could you imagine the type of crashes they could have created by swerving cars trying to maneuver out of the way.. so reckless/careless

link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn

When we now delve into the plant kingdom to counter an observation from another, that in essence, calls out the folks in DC from both sides of the aisle, I shake my head and hope that we can set aside what ANY so called representation we currently have has to say, and take a step back from their rhetoric....

don't buy the hype.... do your own research, unbiased...

It's evident that no matter which side of the aisle you think/thought you supported...

are anything but representing YOU... but more interested in supporting themselves...

Fall for it if you like, but I .. after many chances at the ballot box, don't appreciate the faux division fostered by those who live the comfortable life at our expense....

We need the change.. problem is, it's up to us... not the elected...

Do we answer the call? or do we continue to be herded into blocks to guarantee the continuation of the madness we all despise?
Really plant kingdom? Eating other animals is more on the Animal kingdom side sir. here re-read it. The only credible people who can say All lives matter is vegetarian's. People only start screaming that to counter someone saying BLM. It's a difference between when you hear Black lives matter too, which is what a they're saying. Instead all you hear is Black Lives Matter.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537
They lost me when they began blocking expressways... Just shows how stupid they are.. Now what happens when a bunch of these idiots run onto a expressway with cars going 70mph and a driver hits one of these idiots? Now that poor driver has to live with what happened due to careless morons running onto expressways trying to shut down traffic... could you imagine the type of crashes they could have created by swerving cars trying to maneuver out of the way.. so reckless/careless

That and going to prison for vehicular homicide.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   

I won't get into a debate on your intent and my perception of the vegetarian deal.... no need to argue when the fact of the matter is that we have folks "on high", elected, who want to divide us to the point of debating this....

I would hope that most would recognize this and address the elephant in the room...

Our elected, both parties.. and their lapdog media...

Let's stop being played...

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Guys don't argue with it. Let it feel self righteous. It will go away if it's not given attention.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I wouldn't say that black panthers said they will be armed at thr RNC convention. So im thinking they aren't relying on police protection.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn

I won't get into a debate on your intent and my perception of the vegetarian deal.... no need to argue when the fact of the matter is that we have folks "on high", elected, who want to divide us to the point of debating this....

I would hope that most would recognize this and address the elephant in the room...

Our elected, both parties.. and their lapdog media...

Let's stop being played...
Wow people are so scared that telemundo is influencing their own thoughts that they we can't even have a debate or different opinions anymore without blaming them. And that of which will only lead to everyone being exactly like one another just a herd of sheep.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=20982271]ssenerawa[/post

We are talking about human beings here. Not what food source they choose to sustain their bodies with. If you want to speak out against eating meat, that's a whole other topic altogether. Unless we're discussing human cannibalism and the effects of that on society as a whole, what people have for dinner has absolutely nothing to do with this. The vegetarian argument is becoming tiresome, and irrelevancies such as that serve only to clutter an already convoluted issue even more. When people start reaching for the obscure and irrelevant to support an argument, it sends a clear message that they have nothing legitimate left to bring to the discussion and therefore are having to create a reason to keep the argument going, no matter how ridiculous they sound. And if that's the best that people can come up with, it's probably time to find another, more worthy cause to support.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   
you want to know why? this is why:-
SEC. 802. DEFINITION OF DOMESTIC TERRORISM.

(a) DOMESTIC TERRORISM DEFINED- Section 2331 of title 18, United States Code, is amended--

(1) in paragraph (1)(B)(iii), by striking `by assassination or kidnapping' and inserting `by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping';

(2) in paragraph (3), by striking `and';

(3) in paragraph (4), by striking the period at the end and inserting `; and'; and

(4) by adding at the end the following:

`(5) the term `domestic terrorism' means activities that--

`(A) involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State;

`(B) appear to be intended--

`(i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population;

`(ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or

`(iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and

`(C) occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States.'.

(b) CONFORMING AMENDMENT- Section 3077(1) of title 18, United States Code, is amended to read as follows:

`(1) `act of terrorism' means an act of domestic or international terrorism as defined in section 2331;'.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
Guys don't argue with it. Let it feel self righteous. It will go away if it's not given attention.
No it won't. It will continue to block highways.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   

I think they are perfectly capable of demolishing themselves, they've done a great job so far of isolating themselves and pissing everyone else off. Leave them at it, you can't fix stupid.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

I wouldn't say that black panthers said they will be armed at the RNC convention. So I'm thinking they aren't relying on police protection.

Yeah. They're gonna get slaughtered if they make one stoopit move.

You think if the BPs show up armed, Trump's supporters aren't going to show up with their arsenals too?

My personal wet dream. LOL

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: PLAYERONE01
you want to know why? this is why:-
SEC. 802. DEFINITION OF DOMESTIC TERRORISM.

(a) DOMESTIC TERRORISM DEFINED- Section 2331 of title 18, United States Code, is amended--

(1) in paragraph (1)(B)(iii), by striking `by assassination or kidnapping' and inserting `by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping';

(2) in paragraph (3), by striking `and';

(3) in paragraph (4), by striking the period at the end and inserting `; and'; and

(4) by adding at the end the following:

`(5) the term `domestic terrorism' means activities that--

`(A) involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State;

`(B) appear to be intended--

`(i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population;

`(ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or

`(iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and

`(C) occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States.'.

(b) CONFORMING AMENDMENT- Section 3077(1) of title 18, United States Code, is amended to read as follows:

`(1) `act of terrorism' means an act of domestic or international terrorism as defined in section 2331;'.
If slavery and the KKK group was not domestic terrorism. How could citizens standing up for their rights by any means neccasary be?

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

I think they are perfectly capable of demolishing themselves, they've done a great job so far of isolating themselves and pissing everyone else off. Leave them at it, you can't fix stupid.

Cheers - Dave
Pissing off everyone like who? Well I guess whoever is in traffic.. Seeing as they have so many supporters and so many protest Idk who else you could mean except the people that happen to get caught in traffic

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: dragonridr

I wouldn't say that black panthers said they will be armed at the RNC convention. So I'm thinking they aren't relying on police protection.

Yeah. They're gonna get slaughtered if they make one stoopit move.

You think if the BPs show up armed, Trump's supporters aren't going to show up with their arsenals too?

My personal wet dream. LOL

So you are just itching to pick a fight.....interesting..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join