It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW! Larry Elder Deals a Death Blow to BLM

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBandit795

The drug is a horrible injustice in all forms I can totally agree with that.

The FBI goes after biker gangs with heavy heavy force on a continual basis as well as La Cosa Nostra.

None of those groups are black they are mostly white and Italian. Theres a few black clubs but for the most part the big clubs are Latino/ White and they are big targets of the FBI.

What about Eddy Lepp?

And the rest of the white people doing life in prison for growing pot plants?????

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I think the real issue is not racism it's the rich vs the poor and the media skews that to make it look like it's us vs them.

Poor people are under attack, poor white people, poor black people, poor chinese people poor people.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Neil Tyson, how did he get where he got in a system stacked against him due to his race??????

The same way all successful people do: He persevered. Yet, even after he "made it", the system (police aspect) still tried to bring him down at times. You should read the essay...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

An intelligent, successful man who makes no excuses for himself and worked hard to change his life

Btw, if YOU are NOT successful in life, especially living in a first world nation where opportunities surround us all: What is your excuse, OP?

How did you get to where you are in the present? Where are you in the present? Have you achieved your highest dreams yet?

I ask that question because I believe living in a first world nation there is no excuse for not achieving success. If Larry Elder can make it, than so can you...

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   

In poor neighbourhoods there is indeed more crime. But the U.S. government has had a history of specifically targeting blacks.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

Look at BLM for instance. A group that openly calls for the murder of police officers, a group that shames other people for wanting to study in universities instead of going into the idiotic protests they do demanding that more black people are in power on the base of their skin color alone, and not because they are the most qualified person for that position. Neither the left wing media, nor the Obama administration is calling the spade a spade. Instead of blaming the racist, and violent ideologies being imparted by groups like BLM, instead you get the left wing media, and the Obama administration backing and supporting such groups and in fact what they are doing is supporting incitements of violence.

And they're being funded by George Soros. In fact their leader, DeRay Mckesson is living in a home owned by boardmembers of George Soro's OpenSociety.

www.theamericanmirror.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

RACE, DRUGS, AND LAW ENFORCEMENT
IN THE UNITED STATES (pdf file)

drug arrests
for African Americans rose at three times the rate for whites between
1980 and 2003, 225% compared to 70%. In eleven cities, black drug arrests
rose by more than 500%.70 In the seventy-five largest counties in the United
States, blacks in 2002 accounted for 46% of drug offense arrests, even though
they represented only 15.6% of the population.
71 New York State provides a
particularly striking example: blacks in New York City represent 10.7% of the
state population, yet accounted for 42.1% of drug arrests statewide.72

The racial disparities evident in drug arrests grow larger as cases wind their
way through the criminal justice system.
B. Incarceration
73 Blacks constitute 43% and whites
55% of persons convicted of drug felonies in state courts,74 and blacks account
for 53.5% and whites for 33.3% of persons admitted to state prison with new
convictions for drug offenses.75
In 2007, blacks accounted for 33.2% of people

entering federal prison for drug offenses.76
A comparison of the rates, relative to population, at which blacks and
whites are sent to state prison for drug offenses offers what may be the most
compelling evidence of the disparate racial impact of drug control policies: the
black rate (256.2 per 100,000 black adults) is ten times greater than the white rate (25.3 per 100,000 white adults).
Disaggregating these rates by gender reveals
that black men were sent to prison on drug charges at 11.8 times the rate
of white men and black women are sent to prison on drug charges at 4.8 times
the rate of white women. As Table 1 reveals, blacks are sent to prison on drug
charges at greater rates than whites in every state for which the data are available.

Just as conscious and unconscious racial notions helped define the drug
problem, they have also helped shape political and policy responses to that
problem. The legislative history of federal crack sentencing laws, for example,
provides reason “to suspect that regardless of the objectives Congress was pursuing,
it would have shown more restraint in fashioning the crack penalties or
more interest in amending them in ensuing years, if the penalties did not apply
almost exclusively to blacks.”
Race, Crime, and Punishment
79 To the extent that the white majority in the
United States identified both crime and drugs with racialized “others,” it has no
doubt been easier to endorse or at least acquiesce to punitive penal policies that
might have been rejected if applied at equivalent rates to members of their own
families and communities. Politicians have been able to reap the electoral rewards
of endorsing harsh drug policies because the group that suffered most
from those policies—black Americans—lacked the numbers to use the political
process to secure a different strategy.80
Throughout the modern war on drugs, measures to battle the use and sale
of drugs have emphasized arrest and incarceration rather than prevention and
treatment.81 The emphasis on harsh penal sanctions cannot be divorced from
the widespread and deeply rooted public association of racial minorities with
crime and drugs, just as the choice of crack as an ongoing priority for law enforcement
cannot be divorced from public association of crack with blacks.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

I am coming late to this thread, but the 70% number is from SOLVED murders.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Excellent interview. This man hit the nail right on the head. What bothers me is certain people come on here, the same ones typically, and purposely try to refute facts, which also happen to be basic common sense that do not need a whole lot of research to see or understand.

The only conclusion I can come up with is that they actually know these to be facts, but have a more sinister agenda at play. That in itself screams true racism. To know the problem and solution, but purposely derail them, further hurting the people they claim to be trying to do "social justice" for.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
When Larry poops.. It's extremely white.. Follow the money on this guy.. Stop listening to AM radio..

I hear.. and obey....

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
When Larry poops.. It's extremely white.. Follow the money on this guy.. Stop listening to AM radio..

I hear.. and obey....

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: klarkowski67

So you are doing exactly what he said...

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

No, you're not reading what I'm saying.

I know that it encourages the Mothers to be single. That is clear. But that is from the Mothers Perspective.

What I'm saying is that Welfare doesn't effect the Father. A major problem when it comes to single mothers raising kids is that it's the Father who takes no responsibility for the kid. Even if the Mother wants him there rather than getting Welfare. The Fathers don't want the responsibility and so they bail leaving the Mother with the kid and no support.

So the idea that taking away welfare will force families together isn't exactly correct as it won't stop those Fathers from simply bailing out on the Mother and Kid who now have zero support at all. Taking away that support for the Mother and Kid is for when the Fathers bail out. Removing that safety net isn't going to change that. There will still be plenty of baby Daddy's bailing out on their kids.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Exactly..

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
This is amazing and I agree with everything he talks about. This guy is skilled in debate I swear he's on a debate forum somewhere honing in his skills.

He says the biggest problem in the black community is black men not fathering their children. He also says that black people have it easier getting into college because of affirmative action. He says because of that they actually have an easier pathway into the middle class.

He says the problem is the media is indoctrinating the youth and telling them they are victims and it's beaten into their head by the liberal media. Wow. I almost feel like this should be in the mud pit but there's just to much info in the short interview.

Here's some info on Larry Elder..

Wiki Larry Elder

Larry Elder was born in Los Angeles and grew up in the city's Pico-Union and South Central areas, Elder attended Washington Preparatory High School and later graduated from Crenshaw High School and earned his B.A.. in political science in 1974 from Brown University. He then earned his J.D. from University of Michigan Law School in 1977.[9] After graduation, he worked with a law firm in Cleveland, Ohio, where he practiced litigation. In 1980, he founded Laurence A. Elder and Associates, recruiting attorneys.

An intelligent, successful man who makes no excuses for himself and worked hard to change his life.

Much respect for this man and I agree with everything he says.

So if you respect him, why don't you respect others like him or others who work hard and don't cry victim instead of lumping all black people together?

Not a day goes by do I read about "the blacks are this...." when in reality a lot of us including myself are hard working people. yet we're all scrutinized the most, and lumped together with criminal elements no matter WHAT we do. Just gauging by your comments, I can safely assume you're one of the bigots that do the same crap, and only when you see someone like Elder do you go, "oh...gee, i guess they're all not thugs". Give me a f*cking break

At the same time, Larry Elder offers a very over simplified view. I made A's and B's throughout grade school and high school, scored 1270 on my SATs (i took my SAT in 1998).

I didn't need affirmative action to get into college. I earned my way by hitting the damn books because in my household, education was 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. Both my sister and I are college graduates.

So if you or any other bigot on here thinks that black people can only get into school because we get allowed in willy nilly, think again.

Why don't you assail white women in the same manner? since they are the biggest beneficiaries of AA?

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
double.
edit on 15-7-2016 by supremecommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
double.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
double.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
a reply to: intrptr

Community college is very easy to enter, and IMHO just as good as a University depending on field of study of course.

Start with High school, or GED, from there the school can help you find placement.

The programs and infrastructure already exist.

The only thing stopping it is possible HS guidance/career councilors that suck at their job or dont give a crud, OR lack of motivation or incentive(like getting out or learning how to change the community from the inside isnt enough)

k-12 schools in the ghetto are usually vastly underfunded, under resourced, have burned out teachers, etc. The student to teacher ratio is is much higher. This is all compounded by the researched causes and effects of inter-generational povety, which can include everything fom malnutrition to families having many generations with criminal histories to parents who are uneducated, hence passing on less social capital. This is all evidence based. I used to work on these issues specifically as an educator.

Many poor kids have far less access to quality education and the opportunities to succeed.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: supremecommander

Why don't you assail white women in the same manner? since they are the biggest beneficiaries of AA?

Actually that's kind of bad form to suggest targeting some other demographic like that, but I get what you're saying. However in the future you shouldn't really use that part in your argument as it really damages it.

Plus, women in general are only now getting some of their recognition and power back as well. They were only allowed to vote less than 100 years ago and they make up half the damn population. Crazy stuff.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion This guy is good. Maybe if we could see more like him in the media and a lot less of people like Ashleigh Shackelford things might turn around and we'd make some strides toward some positive results.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join