It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW! Larry Elder Deals a Death Blow to BLM

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: UnifiedSerenity

None of those things effect whether or not the father bails on the mother or kid though.

They only only make sure the kid doesn't starve in the street along with the mother.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

WOW! Larry Elder Deals a Death Blow to BLM

Here is NEIL DEGRASSE TYSON's take on BLM: "'Dark Matters' — a short essay on Physicists and the Police [1500 words]"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Neil Degrasse Tyson is also a:

An intelligent, successful man who makes no excuses for himself and worked hard to change his life.

Thoughts?

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
This video is a little older as this was during the Trayvon Martin fiasco, but it was an epic takedown of the protest. David Carroll is a popular youtube blogger. Videos are long and in depth, but thorough and logical.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Larry Elder is correct. In fact, CNN is hosting a live "Race In America" town hall right now. They're carefully staying clear of the main issues...like Black-on-Black crime hurting far more Black Men every week, than abusive police do in a decade.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: UnifiedSerenity

None of those things effect whether or not the father bails on the mother or kid though.

They only only make sure the kid doesn't starve in the street along with the mother.

I don't think you read the replies of several people here if you really believe it has no affect. The system actually encourages the father to be absent by giving more money to single mothers. The mothers don't want the father involved because they get more money if they are absent.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   

He is of course right on the money. Very eloquent and a concise argument which you won't hear from certain groups that want to avoid the obvious problems. Are there people who are racists, even some cops? Yes, there are. Is it a systemic problem? No, that's bs.

Look at BLM for instance. A group that openly calls for the murder of police officers, a group that shames other people for wanting to study in universities instead of going into the idiotic protests they do demanding that more black people are in power on the base of their skin color alone, and not because they are the most qualified person for that position. Neither the left wing media, nor the Obama administration is calling the spade a spade. Instead of blaming the racist, and violent ideologies being imparted by groups like BLM, instead you get the left wing media, and the Obama administration backing and supporting such groups and in fact what they are doing is supporting incitements of violence.

This is beyond absurd, and if you call this group and others like it for what it is, you get labeled as a "racist" yourself, even if you are black... But this doesn't happen just within the black community. If you are a Mexican and you support Trump for example you get called a racist, if you are any hispanic and you support Trump, or name the problems occurring in the country you were born in you get called a racist, or are given other labels for actually mentioning the facts that you experienced in said country. The world is upside down, there is a sense of entitlement within large sections of the population and this is only going to lead this country down into hell. In fact, we are already in the gutters and we are halfway in hell already.

edit on 14-7-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Ahhh.. you are right. That would be possible too

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   
So he doesnt like the idea of a welfare state because good ideas are implemented in a bad bad way in the US and dont get improved? Well then you might as well quit politics.. And its all the fault of the left haha. Apart from all the sense he made those are some really narrow minded conclusions, typical for conservatives i guess.
edit on 403am3155000000p86 by whatsup86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Could it be said then that this is 'Black Privilege then....... ?

"He says the biggest problem in the black community is black men not fathering their children. He also says that black people have it easier getting into college because of affirmative action. He says because of that they actually have an easier pathway into the middle class."

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

Question. If 75% of the murders in Chicago go unsolved, then how does he know that 70% of the murders are black on black?

I guess there's a lot of white folks running around the south side killing black folks. You must not be too familiar with Chicago.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Sounds like the same tired old excuses for not taking racial injustice seriously, (is this guy the new Bill Cosby?). I bet if this was saying something you didn't like, you wouldn't think he was so skilled. Whatever. If this guy telling you the world would be right if black guys simply started being fathers, and the media stopped bombarding minority youths with brainwashing messages, go right ahead and sound as racist as you want. And, just because the 'message' is coming from a black guy doesn't mean it's not racist.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
What if this just had to do with drug prohibition, the drug war, the racist ways in which drugs were criminalized (opium associated with Chinese, coc aine with blacks, marijuana with Mexicans) ?

There are sources which mention that blacks were targeted by Nixon when he started the drug war. The CIA was responsible for bringing coc aine into the inner cities in he 80's. etc.. etc..

Btw... The absent father myth has been debunked.

The CDC Has Debunked the "Absent Black Father" Myth

When the public reacts to the deaths of young black men in Baltimore and Ferguson and Sanford, we often hear about a "crisis" among black fathers—namely, that too many of them are absent from their children's lives. But that "crisis" may not be real at all. A study conducted by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) found that black fathers are just as present—and sometimes more so—in the lives of their children than dads of other races, defying the stereotype that black fathers simply aren't around to give their kids guidance and support.

Other links:

Blacks Were Targeted for CIA Cocaine. It Can Be Proven

Leaving the unsupportable arguments aside, is there a supportable case that CIA directly intended for African-Americans to receive the coc aine which it knew would be turned into crack coc aine and which it knew would prove so addictive as to destroy entire communities? The answer is absolutely, yes.

And the key to proving that CIA intended for blacks to receive the drugs which virtually destroyed their communities lies in the twofold approach, of proving that they brought the drugs in and interfered with law enforcement - AND that, by virtue of CIA's relationships with the academic and medical communities, they knew exactly what the end result would be. Knowing that, we then have a mountain of proof, especially since the release of volume II of the CIA's Inspector General's Report (10/98) that the CIA specifically intended and achieved a desired result.

Lister, an ex-policeman who served as a bodyguard/courier for Blandon delivered both drugs and money while enjoying CIA protection. He and Blandon delivered drugs and guns all over South Central. Danillo Blandon even sold guns to Ricky Ross' immediate entourage. Ollie Newell, Ross's partner, was able to purchase a .50 caliber machine gun on a tripod (Webb p 188). This is a pure military weapon known as a "Ma Deuce" and something which is not obtainable at your local surplus store.

Webb and Schou also documented that the police and the FBI knew that Lister and Blandon were delivering not only guns but sophisticated radio equipment (which enabled the monitoring of secure police frequencies) to Ross and the gangs (Webb - pp. 179-193) (Schou). I knew then that the whole operation was protected from start to finish by the Central Intelligence Agency. Why? If you walk into a room filled with policemen and yell "Anybody want to take some drugs off the street?" maybe half the room will stand up. But if you walk into the same room and yell, "Anybody want to take some guns off the street?" you will be crushed in the ensuing stampede. Only the federal government, and especially the CIA, have the horsepower to make cops stay away from arresting those who put guns on the streets.

Crack coc aine was particularly devastating for African-American communities. This was, I believe, by design. In early 1985 USC Sociologists Klein and Maxson researched the phenomenon of crack use. "One thing they were unable to explain was why crack was found only in L.A.'s black neighborhoods. 'The drug," the sociologists wrote, at least currently seems to be ethnically specific. Cocaine is found widely in the Black Community in Los Angeles, but it is almost totally absent from the Hispanic areas," (Webb - p184).

And the effects of crack use were, indeed, biblical. In 1985 50% of the emergency room admissions in L.A were due to crack. Full-blown coc aine psychosis was occurring as soon as eight months after first use and crack coc aine hit hardest among those African-Americans who had some college education and held steady jobs (Ruppert1&2).

I wrote in 1985. "So pervasive is the epidemic that it is threatening the political and social systems that have held black communities together in the face of cuts in social programs and rising unemployment in an already depressed economy," (Ruppert 1).
The Webster Commission, charged with finding the causes of the 1992 LA riot/insurrection found that one of the primary causes was crack coc aine. The LA riots remain, to this day, the largest domestic insurrection since the civil war.

Aide says Nixon's war on drugs targeted blacks, hippies

At the time, I was writing a book about the politics of drug prohibition. I started to ask Ehrlichman a series of earnest, wonky questions that he impatiently waved away. “You want to know what this was really all about?” he asked with the bluntness of a man who, after public disgrace and a stretch in federal prison, had little left to protect. “The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I’m saying? We knew we couldn’t make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders, raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did.”

I must have looked shocked. Ehrlichman just shrugged. Then he looked at his watch, handed me a signed copy of his steamy spy novel, The Company, and led me to the door.

Nixon’s invention of the war on drugs as a political tool was cynical, but every president since — Democrat and Republican alike — has found it equally useful for one reason or another. Meanwhile, the growing cost of the drug war is now impossible to ignore: billions of dollars wasted, bloodshed in Latin America and on the streets of our own cities, and millions of lives destroyed by draconian punishment that doesn’t end at the prison gate; one of every eight black men has been disenfranchised because of a felony conviction.

Dark Alliance

Postscript
Dealer's sentencing postponed.
More TV and radio appearances by Gary Webb.
Last updated: Sept. 16, 1996
Continuing coverage
Day One
Backers of CIA-led Nicaraguan rebels brought coc aine to poor L.A. neighborhoods in early '80s to help finance war -- and a plague was born.
Published: Aug. 18, 1996
Stories

Day Two
How a smuggler, a bureaucrat and a driven ghetto teen-ager created the coc aine pipeline, and how crack was "born" in the San Francisco Bay Area in 1974.
Published: Aug. 19, 1996
Stories

Day Three
The impact of the crack epidemic on the black community and why justice hasn't been for all.
Published: Aug. 20, 1996
Stories

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
MANAGING A NIGHTMARE
How the CIA Watched Over the Destruction of Gary Webb

Eighteen years after it was published, “Dark Alliance,” the San Jose Mercury News’s bombshell investigation into links between the coc aine trade, Nicaragua’s Contra rebels, and African American neighborhoods in California, remains one of the most explosive and controversial exposés in American journalism.

The 20,000-word series enraged black communities, prompted Congressional hearings, and became one of the first major national security stories in history to blow up online. It also sparked an aggressive backlash from the nation’s most powerful media outlets, which devoted considerable resources to discredit author Gary Webb’s reporting. Their efforts succeeded, costing Webb his career. On December 10, 2004, the journalist was found dead in his apartment, having ended his eight-year downfall with two .38-caliber bullets to the head.

The charges could hardly be worse. A widely read newspaper series leads many Americans to believe CIA is guilty of at least complicity, if not conspiracy, in the outbreak of crack coc aine in America’s cities. In more extreme versions of the story circulating on talk radio and the internet, the Agency was the instrument of a consistent strategy by the US Government to destroy the black community and keep black Americans from advancing. Denunciations of CIA–reminiscent of the 1970s–abound. Investigations are demanded and initiated. The Congress gets involved.

As we can see there is enough information in these links that the U.S. government has specifically targeted black people in the the drug war, forcing drugs into black communities and causing all the mayhem that is happening today.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
1) Absent father myth has not been debunked. Having worked with many youths in the community and being black myself, I see the lack of visible fathers constantly. I guess I am dreaming when I see video after video of rappers/hoodlums saying "My dad wasn't around" or the kids I've mentored saying the same thing. Stopping by the crib every blue moon to see your kid is not the same thing as being in a committed relationship where you live with your wife and child. It isn't even close.

There is not a single statistic that says kids raised by single moms fair better than those who aren't. NONE.

3 out of 4 black kids are born out of wedlock. WTF? Nothing good comes from 35 year old grandmothers in a modern society.

2) So are you arguing that the black community is so stupid we fell for the drugs in the neighborhood conspiracy? The CIA could drop a 18 wheeler of crack in my drive way but it doesn't mean I am going to use it or sell it! Are you really saying the black community is that dumb?

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
This is amazing and I agree with everything he talks about. This guy is skilled in debate I swear he's on a debate forum somewhere honing in his skills.

He says the biggest problem in the black community is black men not fathering their children. He also says that black people have it easier getting into college because of affirmative action. He says because of that they actually have an easier pathway into the middle class.

He says the problem is the media is indoctrinating the youth and telling them they are victims and it's beaten into their head by the liberal media. Wow. I almost feel like this should be in the mud pit but there's just to much info in the short interview.

Here's some info on Larry Elder..

Wiki Larry Elder

Larry Elder was born in Los Angeles and grew up in the city's Pico-Union and South Central areas, Elder attended Washington Preparatory High School and later graduated from Crenshaw High School and earned his B.A.. in political science in 1974 from Brown University. He then earned his J.D. from University of Michigan Law School in 1977.[9] After graduation, he worked with a law firm in Cleveland, Ohio, where he practiced litigation. In 1980, he founded Laurence A. Elder and Associates, recruiting attorneys.

An intelligent, successful man who makes no excuses for himself and worked hard to change his life.

Much respect for this man and I agree with everything he says.

LOL. deep.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Yes, it does happen more in inner cities, but in general black fathers are involved in the lives of their children. But since black people have been incarcerated for drug possession at a greater rate than white people, even though white people have been bigger drug users, there would be more black fathers absent.

Did I say the black community is stupid? Did you read that coming from my keyboard? I am black, why would I say that other black people are stupid? Stop assuming something that's not there.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
How does removing welfare stop black fathers from abandoning their kids????

The Fathers aren't taking off because of welfare. They take off because they don't want to be responsible for a kid. Getting rid of welfare won't change that.

I think that the mother gets more welfare money if she is single with children. There is no financial incentive for a woman to want to marry, and none for the father to stick around.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rbmn9529
I think that the mother gets more welfare money if she is single with children. There is no financial incentive for a woman to want to marry, and none for the father to stick around.

Yeah, I get that. But removing welfare from the mother and child isn't going to make the father stay either.

That's what I'm getting at. If the fathers are bailing on the mothers and child, not giving them welfare isn't going to change that.

Saying Welfare for the Mother and Child is the problem means that the Mothers are kicking the Fathers out in order to get the Welfare. But it has nothing to do with the Fathers who don't stick around all on their own.

Also, there is nothing stopping the couple from staying together, not married, but still getting welfare is there??? How do they know if the father is around or not if they aren't married???

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

Neil Tyson, how did he get where he got in a system stacked against him due to his race??????

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBandit795

But since black people have been incarcerated for drug possession at a greater rate than white people, even though white people have been bigger drug users, there would be more black fathers absent.

But generally there is more violent crime in poor neighborhoods which are populated more heavily by ethnic minorities.

What this is means is that where there is more poor people there is more crime meaning they need more police officers.

Does that mean they are targeting those people because they are black or is that circumstantial due to the fact that in poor neighborhoods there is more crime?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join