It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW! Larry Elder Deals a Death Blow to BLM

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

if that was thecase then he took an opporunity- i think everone gets opporunites to be a better person or be slightly succesfull. Just some dont know an opporunity if it slapped them in the face

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

They get free education just like any other citizen. They get transportation to and from school, they get free lunches, even breakfast. Tell me WHY they do not have the intelligence to pass an entrance exam?

Hint : when you get it, you've understood the root of the problem.

I'll just answer it....it's cultural. They are taught withing their communities that school, and education are not "cool"

Yes, there are those that break from it and understand life. This is without question.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: poncho1982

Lol, Go live there. Then tell me what all is free and provided and simple.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   
This is very well said. I just wanted to say that and make sure more people see it.

originally posted by: Winstonian
a reply to: onequestion

We need more black leaders to stand up and lead the black community in this country. I think that is a large problem that surrounds black crime in poor areas, and other issues that poor black people face.

Who do black kids look up to?

Rappers that glorify violence,drugs, and crime in general.
Sports athletes that glorify the same things as the rappers, and even hang out with the rappers.
The OG sitting in a crack shack collecting cash from all of the kids he supplies.

No one ever talks about these things. It isn't a race issue, it is a locality culture issue. Tons of kids being raised without a dad with siblings from multiple men supported by welfare and low paying jobs. The generations move forward in the reckless manner and then everyone plays dumb trying to figure out what the issue is. It is also frowned upon to want to better their lives. No one wants to be a poindexter Uncle Tom. No one wants to be caught using proper English in fear of being called an Oreo, or acting white. It is a self repressing culture and more strong black men/and women need to stand up and lead the way. Self responsibility is frowned upon as well. Moving out of the hood is considered selling out.

In the USA, being black is a MASSIVE advantage if you choose to use it. Unlimited scholarships and grants for college. Free job placement programs, free technical school, free trade school, priority treatment in just about anything the government offers, affirmative action quotas, and more.

You get the power of fear. The biggest thing feared by businesses, politicians, and people in general, is being called racist. People claim that racial discrimination is this HUGE problem when it comes to employment. Are you kidding me? Do you know what the ramifications are of being sued for racism are? NO corporation that wishes to remain profitable would DARE to face a racial discrimination lawsuit or accusation. Look at what happens to anyone that so called discriminates. This is another falsehood pushed by the media. Look at how many people do not support Trump because he is described as a racist. Look at the "silent Trump supporters." People that do not vocalize the support for Trump out of fear of retaliation. The race card is the ace in the hole for minorities. You can use it at will and reap the benefits at your leisure.

The media props up all of these nonsense lies, such as disproportional incarceration. The black lives matter movement is based on a house of lies. The oppression of blacks in this country is based on excuses and falsehoods.

We have black people in the highest positions in government and business in this country. It is NOT a race issue. Black people are just as capable to achieve whatever they want, and have more options in front of them than the so called white oppressor. This race baiting lie is getting old. The excuses are getting old. I would really like to see some of our black leaders in government trying to focus on solutions as opposed to blaming others.

Please, I know there has to be some strong black people on this website. Step up and lead the way. We need another MLK in this world to put an end to this nonsense. I am sick of the media and political class brainwashing people into perpetual division. If you are here on this website, and you value self reliance, common sense, and racial unity, I will stand behind you in all of your efforts.

edit on 13-7-2016 by Ellie Sagan because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-7-2016 by Ellie Sagan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: poncho1982

Lol, Go live there. Then tell me what all is free and provided and simple.

We aren't talking about "what all," we are talking about school. Are you saying that kids' parents are required to pay for their tuition, their lunches, etc.? ... just because they are poor.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: mOjOm

For one thing, many welfare programs are structured such that it is easier to gain access and aid and more of it if you are a single parent rather than married. So it encourages you not to be married as a seemingly better way to alleviate poverty. The immediate gains realized through the instant access to the higher welfare check and more programs is a bigger and more instant payoff than remaining married with both spouses working steadily to improve their status through education and bettered employment which is the old model most of us "bitter clingers" use.

The catch is that once someone decides to go to self-sufficiency, they risk losing all of their access to programs which often cannot be replaced by entry level work status compensation, so they are trapped despite the future promise of better income than welfare offers down the road.

Hit the nail squarely on the head.
Case in point, we had a young black couple who had a child. The previous year they were not married and the mother got a $5,200 Tax refund. Fast forward to this year as a married Couple, their combined incomes almost pushed them out of the earned income tax credit and they got a $1,200 refund. They looked at each other and said "Wow, getting married caused that?". In all honesty, they would have been better served at least Tax-wise, living together unmarried. It's kinda messed up when we reward people for not getting married.

I am partially disabled....(epilepsy). Now I still work a few days here and there, (I give eye exams), but my husband and I almost considered getting divorced because we would be better off financially were we NOT married. I can NOT get disability, were I to apply, because my husband has a great job....no matter that I couldn't work.......
and don't DARE take out a student loan right now.....talk about predatory...(ok, that was unrelated, but....)
I too think it is sad that we are penalized now for being white, heterosexual and married (and maybe throw in Christian to that list)...but this is MY opinion....not worth 2 cents these days......

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Its hard to start businesses in areas where police are afraid to go.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
The last black person who stood up to the black community and told them how it was got "Cosby'd", because well it was Bill Cosby. They cannot have successful blacks telling other blacks to stop listening to the democrats, get educations, use their opportunities with affirmative action, father their own children and reject the thug life that they idolize.

The demise of his reputation is probably already being plotted for his uncle Tom statements, either that or BLM radicals are foaming at the mouth to go knock his door down. The Democrats won't have people disrupting their ability to stir up the voter base using racial hate and the low status in society they painstakenly maintain for their minority voter base.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: reldra

I have no idea and I know for certain you didn't listen to his interview.

I am 100% positive there was no affirmative action when he want to law school.

He did it on his own.

I saw the video previously, along with 215,000 other people. I would not call this 'dealing a death blow'.

Lol, typical millennial response. Looks at social media likes or views to determine if it is worthy. You have no idea that he was seen by the most viewers nationwide by being on the most watched news channel or was that dismissed because you hate Foxnews because you were programmed to hate foxnews?

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

it could also be that the race is known but not the identity.

as in, "a black male shot my brother, I dont know who he was."

or "a video is being shown of a black male fleeing a crime scene, help us idenify him"

and so on.

This guy is on point. Facts are racist in the eyes of the left. or they are cool zingers to get the other side.

Its an entrenched mentality.

edit on 7 13 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
This is amazing and I agree with everything he talks about. This guy is skilled in debate I swear he's on a debate forum somewhere honing in his skills.

He says the biggest problem in the black community is black men not fathering their children. He also says that black people have it easier getting into college because of affirmative action. He says because of that they actually have an easier pathway into the middle class.

He says the problem is the media is indoctrinating the youth and telling them they are victims and it's beaten into their head by the liberal media. Wow. I almost feel like this should be in the mud pit but there's just to much info in the short interview.

Here's some info on Larry Elder..

Wiki Larry Elder

Larry Elder was born in Los Angeles and grew up in the city's Pico-Union and South Central areas, Elder attended Washington Preparatory High School and later graduated from Crenshaw High School and earned his B.A.. in political science in 1974 from Brown University. He then earned his J.D. from University of Michigan Law School in 1977.[9] After graduation, he worked with a law firm in Cleveland, Ohio, where he practiced litigation. In 1980, he founded Laurence A. Elder and Associates, recruiting attorneys.

An intelligent, successful man who makes no excuses for himself and worked hard to change his life.

Much respect for this man and I agree with everything he says.

When did ATS become right-wing nutcase board? This used to be a board of open minded, free thinkers. It's now marred in fear, stupidity, ignorance.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger

It hard to start businesses in areas where people have no money.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

We aren't talking about "what all," we are talking about school. Are you saying that kids' parents are required to pay for their tuition, their lunches, etc.? ... just because they are poor.

If kids go to school with empty bellies, it doesn't matter what they are taught. What makes you think schools are the same across the country?

Larger class size, lower salaries, drugs, gangs on the street. Thats not a safe environment or one conducive to learning.

We conquer whole countries but cant handle a few gang bangers? Or don't want to.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Invicid

When did ATS become right-wing nutcase board? This used to be a board of open minded, free thinkers. It's now marred in fear, stupidity, ignorance.

When it linked to Facebook and Twitter, imo.

The loudest voices are not the majority, keep swinging...

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Exactly! No businesses, no employment, no money.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

The one thing he's missing making a point of is the War On Drugs part of the equation why so many black men aren't there to be good dads:

edit on 13-7-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
The last black person who stood up to the black community and told them how it was got "Cosby'd", because well it was Bill Cosby. They cannot have successful blacks telling other blacks to stop listening to the democrats, get educations, use their opportunities with affirmative action, father their own children and reject the thug life that they idolize.

The demise of his reputation is probably already being plotted for his uncle Tom statements, either that or BLM radicals are foaming at the mouth to go knock his door down. The Democrats won't have people disrupting their ability to stir up the voter base using racial hate and the low status in society they painstakenly maintain for their minority voter base.

what a bunch of crap...and I suppose it's the republicans that get credit for the black people that made a success of their life, only the democrats are responsible for the black people who don't make it......

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Exactly! No businesses, no employment, no money.

See my post bottom of page two.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

The irony here is that Larry Elder has very successfully exploited his own race status for a profitable celebrity status amongst conservatives.

He has very smartly filled the in-demand niche in right wing media of a "Black Man" conservative calling all other black men racist, lazy etc.

Put another way...if he was white...he would be just another conservative saying illogical racist crap and conservative media would not be celebrating him.

BTW - Does the African-American community at large have work to do? Sure...So does every other community in this country.

I will leave you with this to ponder..As the economic situation in the USA continues to shrink the middle class..we see this trend..

White, Middle-Age Suicide In America Skyrockets
White, middle-age suicide spiked 40% in the last 10 years.

The US 2010 Final Data quantifies the US statistics for suicide by race, sex and age.

Interestingly, African-American suicides have declined and are considerably lower than whites.

Reasons are thought to include better coping skills when negative things occur

www.psychologytoday.com...

When Joe white in middle class suburbia can no longer pay the bills...he is more likely to off himself.

When Joe Black in the hood economically struggles...he finds a way to survive.

Grit counts.

We need better opportunity for Whites, Blacks and everybody in between...and can debate that rationally, but as far as Celebrity Black Man Larry Elder telling conservatives what they want to hear? His message comes with too much irony for me to take seriously.

edit on 13-7-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-7-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

The one thing he's missing making a point of is the War On Drugs part of the equation why so many black men aren't there to be good dads:

He doesn't speak to causation, but he is pro legalization.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join