It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghostbusters 2016, sexism and PC agenda in Hollywood.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Why do you even discuss a movie you're obviously not gonna watch?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Don't you mean, "Kardashian"?

Carnivorous plants are way more advanced than that.

I'm not trying to insult the man. That's like making him a rock or something.
edit on 24-6-2016 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dumbass

Because we all got together and hatched a plan on some way to bait you in to posting a comment in this thread.

Worked like a charm......

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Because we all got together and hatched a plan on some way to bait you in to posting a comment in this thread.

No need to lure me. I spread my genes all over this world by now. Dumbasses are everywhere and we rule the world.

Just look at the recent pages here, or look at facebook, or youtube or wherever... I have won.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I owe you five bucks.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
It has nothing to do with the cast being all female. One just has to look at the most recent trailer for the Call of Duty game franchise to see the geek/nerd community are tired of being force fed garbage. Enough to thumbs down both of those videos to set records.

It has everything to do with them using the Ghostbusters franchise name to capitalize on something with minimal effort. If they had any interest in preserving the Ghostbusters name it would be called Ghostbusters 3 and would include at least a nod to the original(aside from slimmer). Rumor has the original Ghostbusters making a cameo in the movie but they are random people in the world.
NOT Ghostbusters!?!?
Whats up with that?

This franchise is doomed!
It makes me sad to know a bunch of hacks have bastardized something so beloved from my childhood. The director has gone as far to call his main targeted audience a "bunch of ***holes" "sexists" and "misogynists" thus ruining it's chance before it's even released. Link

The original Ghostbusters was funny, witty ,well written ,well acted, and scary as hell at times.

Something the new one is clearly lacking.
This is the best video I have see to date as why NOT to see this horrible spawn of Hollywood greed. But rather stay in and watch the original.

Side note:
James had his personal information leaked and was attacked in his personal life from the SJW's because of that video.
edit on 24-6-2016 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I owe you five bucks.

Next time when you go out and meet a Dumbass show him this post and tell them they owe you a beer.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Dumbass

If I want to look at a dumbass, I just look in a mirror.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Now get up, get a beer, problem solved

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

I've seen the trailers and no, just no.

Three female leads would have been fine, with a better story, better, well just about everything from what I could see.

Make 'em the original casts daughters, or something...

It just looks like a bad movie. Agenda, or no agenda. I don't watch movies for agenda, anyway...I'm not that deep. I go for a good story, and a bit of escapism.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

The thing I find most offensive about the new version?

What they did to Winston Zeddimore's character. They turned it into some kind of caricature parody of a black person instead of an actual character. It's sort of insulting. Zeddimore was actually a pretty well-written character for the time and the movie.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

originally posted by: Gin

a reply to: AssiduousSpook
But the backlash this movie is getting and all the crybaby BS from so many loser manboy's out there who call it sexist and so on, need to get a damn life. They're just being whinny little b*tches over a damn movie.

The only thing more pathetic than a bad movie reboot is the losers who want to cry about it because it somehow effects their masculinity. What kind of real man would be effected by this movie??? Not one. But it seems to be effecting the Man-Children something awful.

It's more like the creators of the movie and actors who focus and call haters as misogynist and sexist. I haven't seen any effort to defend the movie itself at all from constructive criticism. Guilting an audience into attending is the only card they care to play when someone says anything bad about it. Just like how piracy gets often blamed when a movie or game bombs instead of admitting that the fault is in the product itself.

I had never seen that photo before.

I wish I had never seen that photo.

It literally has made me change my mind a bit (albeit a little bit). Up until exactly the moment I saw that photo, I had really been giving the makers of this movie the benefit of the doubt. It's obvious they went with switching from males to females and that was not by accident, but I hadn't considered this reboot to be yet another piece of lame propaganda to fight what exactly, I'm not sure.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Maybe in this movie, all the ghosts are in the kitchen.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: seagull

The thing I find most offensive about the new version?

What they did to Winston Zeddimore's character. They turned it into some kind of caricature parody of a black person instead of an actual character. It's sort of insulting. Zeddimore was actually a pretty well-written character for the time and the movie.

THAT is actually a great point. Zeddimore was an absolutely believable New Yorker..... "As long as there is a paycheck, I'll believe anything you want." (Sorry, I probably messed that quote up by a few words.... but hopefully you know what I'm getting at).

Side Note: I'd heard some (not verified) stories that the character was originally supposed to play a larger role in the original movie because they had contemplated having Eddie Murphy fill the role.
edit on 24-6-2016 by eluryh22 because: fix typo

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

I'm not exactly sure they intended the movie to be originally. I think what happened is that they released the first trailer and everyone hated it. So instead of owning what a mess it was, they created this narrative that the original fanbase of the movie, mostly Geeks, are all misogynist and only hate it because the new cast are all women.

And they've been pushing this narrative ever since. In other words, they're trying to say, "It's not possible that our movie is bad; it's just that you are all misogynist and hate women." I think that's wrong-headed because I thought the first trailer was so bad that I couldn't even watch it all and it had less to do with the all female cast than the overall combination of everything I was seeing in the screen.
edit on 24-6-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Maybe in this movie, all the ghosts are in the kitchen.

Ka-Pow!!!!

Thanks for making me spit out my pinot grigio. I never, EVER use "lol" but I will tell you... you literally made me bust out. Thanks for that.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So if you don't see the movie, you hate womyn!

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

So if you don't see the movie, you hate womyn!

We can be bunk mates at the reeducation camp.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

As long as we get to do man-stuff.

No kitchen duties or sewing.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Just because I don't want women feel like I treat them differently I will watch it online for free as soon as I can

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join