It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghostbusters 2016, sexism and PC agenda in Hollywood.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I like animated movies in general. But as far as them being WASPy or not it just depends on the film. There are many levels to film. Some just tell the story you're watching some are saying much more. It just depends.

I still think one of the greatest movies ever made was 12 angry men. Any movie that takes place in a single room with just 12 characters talking that can hold your interest is amazing. That's a good story. Great writing.

Actually, when I do sense some PC or Purposefully placed ethnic token characters I don't like it. I don't like anything that makes me notice the Movie behind the Movie. If it seems to be pushing too hard it kills the magic. But when done correctly it's fine.

It's all about telling a story in some way and I enjoy all various ways people tell stories. I don't have to identify with the character to enjoy it. I have favorite movies ranging from Troma Films to Black and White Subtitled Films. If it's good and done right I like it.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides
a reply to: mOjOm

You really should find your classmates, and look into a class action lawsuit against the teachers that "taught" you reading comprehension.

I just don't get what you're trying to imply.

Why not try and clear it up for me instead of insulting me.

If I'm clearly so dumb as to not make sense of your brilliant words then you should lend me a hand don't ya think??? That would be the right thing to do.
edit on 24-6-2016 by mOjOm because: added the "Not"

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: everyone

You know, I've said it before here on ATS.... and I'll say it again.

I am the father of two daughters. Both young.

The idea that any girl needs to be imbued with "girl power"....suggests that as a female of the species that they themselves do not have power. That they cannot do for themselves. That they cannot exist on their own.

That they are victims.

However, I am opting.... to raise them to simply understand...that this is bullsh*t. That they have all of the "power" they need within them. That while they are physiologically different from men.... that does not make them any less capable to do the things that make them happy in life. That they can see themselves through their own eyes, and not the eyes that society tells them to use. That they are more than their apparent physical beauty.

I have a career as a software engineer. Know who taught me to code?

My mother.

The idea that women are weak, timid, and powerless.... is not an indigenous one.

I am raising them to know...that they.... are NOT victims. And they need not look within themselves to now that they are capable of what they choose to do.

edit on 24-6-2016 by nullafides because: Much like squirrels, and opinions....we all have a nut to crack.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

Then show them Alien and Aliens, The Abyss, Star Wars VIII ... and I'm sure I could think of others given time if you want them to see strong female characters.

This movie might attempt that, but it's not going to be very good.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Then show them Alien and Aliens, The Abyss, Star Wars VIII ... and I'm sure I could think of others given time if you want them to see strong female characters.

This movie might attempt that, but it's not going to be very good.

Hell if you want a strong Female lead show them "Mommy Dearest". Another Classic Film.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Dude.... you apparently REALLY DO NOT UNDERSTAND ENGLISH.

I AGREE WITH YOU.

Yes, I used all caps, because you appear to need to have something screamed at you to understand.

I am NOT nor WAS I defending what looks like a horrendous film.

But apparently, you'd simply rather not have the truth of the matter shown to you. Or stated, for that matter.

Which is odd, considering you're a regular supporter here of ATS.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Oh, and btw.....

I do not need to "show" my daughters anything. I am teaching them not to listen to the pablum to begin with.

Something any good parent would do.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: AssiduousSpook

I'm still having issues with "Finding Dory".

Will give this film a pass.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
its all about selling tickets and popcorn, everything else is just imagined

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I thought it looked like a fun idea

They could have made a pretty fun reboot with an all female cast. Unfortunately, they seem to have sacrificed the quality of the film in order to push an agenda.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

For someone who agrees, you spend an awful lot of time telling us to "get with the times" which in this thread is about Hollywood remaking a movie to be more PC.

So you are sending some mighty mixed messages. Don't shout at us or blame us when your own signals are confused.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides

Dude.... you apparently REALLY DO NOT UNDERSTAND ENGLISH.

I AGREE WITH YOU.

Maybe you're just not making yourself clear about what you're talking about. You agree with ketsuko as do I.

All three of us don't think this is a good film.

Yet you're telling me I'm walking in dreamland and drinking the koolaid.

Oh, ya and that I need reading lessons too. (which I still haven't heard the reasoning for yet although I asked for it twice.)

You seem a bit tense over this topic too. It's really not that important after all. Has it been a rough week??

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
If it was an all female cast with sexy women and a bad soundtrack. . . . well. . . .

'CrotchBusters!"

(who ya' gonna call?)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
If it was an all female cast with sexy women and a bad soundtrack. . . . well. . . .

'CrotchBusters!"

(who ya' gonna call?)

I keep thinking about the famous scene, "He Slimed Me!" and how it would be redone.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

'CrotchBusters!"

(who ya' gonna call?)

They should put you in charge of pulling together the inevitable pr0n parody. Oh, I am seeing mOjOm's reply, and I think the two of you can collaborate on the script ... such as it is.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

You are clearly not thinking straight.

Have fun, kiddo.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

You seem confused about something.

The idea that any girl needs to be imbued with "girl power"....suggests that as a female of the species that they themselves do not have power.

However, I am opting.... to raise them to simply understand...

That they have all of the "power" they need within them.

So you're saying that you are teaching your daughters that they have "all of the 'power' they need within them" and yet you're butthurt over the same "empowerment" in pop culture?

It's literally the same thing. There's not some super source of external "girl power" that girls are being taught to tap into somehow.

This suggests to me that you agree in principle and that your criticism is purely political.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
So what about those of us who don't want to see the movie because after watching both trailers, it just doesn't look funny? I don't mind the female cast, remaking it isn't going to ruin my childhood. it just doesn't look like a good movie.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
You'll be recycled and made anew.

Only this time as a carnivorous plant species.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
You'll be recycled and made anew.

Only this time as a carnivorous plant species.

Don't you mean, "Kardashian"?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join