It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember when Santa Claus was real? He's not, MANDELA AF Effect

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

If you ignore the fact that our memories are terrible, then you're looking at this with zero objectivity.

Who says that I ignore the fact that our memories are fallable? Just because they are, doesn't mean they are in these cases. Again you make the same logical fallacy.

And you're telling people to back off, which shows that you actually aren't interested in getting to the bottom of it, you're only interested in confirmation bias.

Wow so obtuse....I just explained to you that due to the nature of this theory, skeptics can't make any valid argument against it, so they might aswell back off.

Off course, believers can't make a valid argument to prove it either, but that doesn't mean that they shouldn't be allowed to discuss it without every other post saying it is due to their bad memory.

You really think that repeating that it is bad memory is getting to the bottom of things? No it borders trolling especially in Skunk Works.

I bet you didn't even bother to click on the link I provided about Argumentum ad populum, god forbid someone tells what it is you're suffering from!

Who says I am suffering of anything?

edit on 22-5-2016 by DutchMasterChief because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

You feel that ridiculing is something that makes you the bigger man? You feel it gives you the moral or intellectual high ground?

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

originally posted by: Krakatoa

Wait a minute, I see a $$$ opportunity here. What was that saying from TP Barnum? "A sucker is born every second?"

Eerie...it used to be PT Barnum!!

Na it's always been TP... don't you remember? He didn't use a circus tent but a giant Teepee, his initials were like a play on words.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Yes, guys, go make some funny little jokes amongst each other and slap each other on the back.

High school stuff.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

Why wouldn't he use a TeePee, he was, after all, a Native American. He figured the white man screwed his people for so long, time to screw them and bilk them of their hard earned $$$. That is how I remember it in my timeline. They just don't understand that ours is the correct memory. They are the ones that are denying it all.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: DutchMasterChief

How is that any different than the ME believers all getting together to stroke each others egos?

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: DutchMasterChief

You feel that ridiculing is something that makes you the bigger man? You feel it gives you the moral or intellectual high ground?
No not at all, that is purely your invention.
Get over it and quit your whinging or report me or something.

I think the time shift idea is ridiculous and amusing, so what?

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

You are asking what the difference is between people coming together to discuss a topic, and people coming together to make jokes about those people or the topic?

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Go to one of the ME love in threads if you're so troubled...or report us all, or get over it instead of whinging perhaps?

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Yes, we are discussing it in our own way.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   

a reply to: Krakatoa

You are asking what the difference is between people coming together to discuss a topic, and people coming together to make jokes about those people or the topic?

Yeah but in the non-believers (our) time line, there is no difference!
Unless you were born in our time line there's no way for you to understand

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   

No not at all, that is purely your invention.

I simply asked you a question. So you don't feel like your ridiculing is making you the bigger man or that it is a moral or intellectual virtue?

So my next question is, why are you doing it then?

Get over it and quit your whinging or report me or something.

I don't think you are breaking the T&C and I am not a snitch.

I think the time shift idea is ridiculous and amusing, so what?

Good for you, since you can't prove that it is ridiculous you could just let it go.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
In my time line it's actually the Mandella effect so y'all are wrong with the spelling.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

So you have no answer to counter that so you decide to resort to more bad jokes......which is exactly what I was pointing out.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   

.or report us all,

You seem to think that just because the T&C doesn't cover your behavior, your behavior is somehow not pathetic or wrong.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   

For amusement and entertainment on a lazy Sunday afternoon, why else?
I'm not calling nasty names for goodness sake...I could ask why you appear to wish to be a victim because I think the time shift idea is ridiculous.

I'll comment as I like within terms and conditions, if you don't like it, well, tough luck.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   

.or report us all,

You seem to think that just because the T&C doesn't cover your behavior, your behavior is somehow not pathetic or wrong.

I couldn't care less fella, get over it, I've never been here to make friends.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   
What's with all the goddamn insults and name calling in this place lately ?!

Who gives a crap what people choose to believe ? Seriously !

How the hell does it affect any of you in any way ?! Or are y'all just so damned low in self-esteem that you need an outlet to knock others down to boost up your own fragile little egos ?!

Jeezus people find a fricken constructive hobby for yourselves or something.

So fed up with all the infantile bull**** happening on ATS these days...

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
In my time line it's actually the Mandella effect so y'all are wrong with the spelling.

Hmmmm....in my timeline it is called the "Hillary Effect". See, it refers to the act of telling a lie often enough, and getting enough people (i.e. followers) to repeat and spread it enough, that eventually it becomes a fact. Then, when someone questions it, you can point to the number of people that agree with you, and dismiss the naysayers as bullies and mocking you. It's a way to keep from actually admitting anything you say or do that is wrong, ever. It is really brilliant piece of deception actually.

This is why I refer to it now as the "effect", since it is called different things in different timelines.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

I've seen no insults or name calling so far, perhaps I missed the offending remarks, care to quote them?

*Edit*
Only one member has had a post removed for a manners violation...and it wasn't me lol
edit on 22.5.2016 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join