It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember when Santa Claus was real? He's not, MANDELA AF Effect

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

According to Einstein, repeating the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome is the definition of insanity.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: DutchMasterChief
a reply to: blupblup

But you said that part was not serious and literal. This can only mean that you don't think we know everything there is to know about it. Jeez.

Seems your drivel is catching up with you, confusing yourself.

And quick add some dumb pic making some dumb point to show your complete ineptitude to respond in a way relevant to the conversation.

Or... you're trying to seriously and rationally argue about a topic that's ridiculous and irrational in a thread full of people who think the subject is a joke and at best, mildly entertaining.

I think you need to a take a deep breath, step away from your computer and go outside for a bit.

There's a whole world out there.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Repeatedly stating that "there is no way to counter" an irrational belief ... is ridiculous, non-productive, and off-topic in this discussion.

An irrational belief doesn't have to be "countered" particularly within a discussion pointing out that the belief itself is irrational.

Claiming that it is a "logical fallacy" to state that the most reasonable explanation is the most reasonable explanation is ... I am unsure of the proper modifier here ... ludicrous? non-sensical? absurd? tautological?

No claim was made in the OP that "ATS Members are idiots." The thesis was, and an entirely apt one for this forum, that believing that the best explanation for "the Mandela Effect(s)" is fantastic rather than mundane is idiotic in the face of, well, to my knowledge, 100% success with the mundane explanation.

I would not have chosen that descriptor, but I am not the OP. I submit that trying to dictate the words and phrases of others, in a thread dedicated to a reasonable, evidence-based explanation for a cultural phenomenon is not only "control freakish" but is also, in this case, disruptive behavior attempting to derail the stated intention of the thread.

edit on 22-5-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

link   

According to Einstein, repeating the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome is the definition of insanity.

Odd, I don't remember reading that he said that quote. Could you provide a reference to him saying that quote? Perhaps he made a YouTube video of it?

link   
a reply to: grainofsand

So what?

So what? You said it was all about ridiculing the theory.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Yeah it didn't happen in my time line either

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: DutchMasterChief

What are your thoughts on the flat earth theory?

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: DutchMasterChief

You gonna stop shedding tears that I think the ME thing is ridiculous? Does it offend you or something?
...I may have to switch time lines to stop your whining.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

You can google it.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Yeah it didn't happen in my time line either

Cool. Now, in your timeline, do you remember the nature of space and time being fully understood and explained too? If so, we might be from the same (or at least very similar) timelines.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   

You can google it.

But Google has been changed too....you know, due to the Hillary (sorry) Mandela Effect. You won't find the correct answer there anymore. I say I do not remember ever reading that he spoke that quote, prove me wrong then.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

i think that parallel universes of infinite proportion are possible, but i think the "mandela effect" is just your mind creating false memories of the way you see things, because they usually shouldn't be the way you see it, i think it should be called sex in the city and interview with a vampire, and i remember thinking when shaq was cast as that genie that it should of been sinbad cause he was perfect for that role.
our memories creates false memories of how it thinks the thing should be.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

I cannot prove that you don't remember it like that.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

You seem to have a really hard time sticking to the point of the conversation. You said you are merely ridiculing the theory, but you are doing it in a thread that is aimed at ridiculing the believers, and seem to be doing so yourself.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Davg80

Well now, that would imply that the mind is fluid and capable of change over time. When, clearly, effect believers adamantly reject that idea. After all, how can these special folks that always remember things exactly as they happened ever come to grips with reality if they do not change the reality to suit their own inadequacies?

That is crazy talk right there....

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I think the ME enthusiasts are taking the criticisms and joking around too personally. It's just a theory, for crying out loud. Laugh with the best of them.

link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

I would say it is hard to prove if we can travel across the Earth and never encounter the edges.

link   

I cannot prove that you don't remember it like that.

I see, so my version is likely correct? My timeline has shifted to your timeline where he did say that quote. Is that the ONLY reason to explain it at all?

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

I can very easily turn this around on the skeptics. It is just a theory guys.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

a reply to: Chadwickus

I would say it is hard to prove if we can travel across the Earth and never encounter the edges.

What if you traveled across the earth, did not encounter any edges, yet arrived back at your starting point? What does that indicate?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join