It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else working a night shift job had any paranormal experiences?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
No better ghost story than a true one! Keep 'em coming!

For sure

What about you Night star? You had many experiences? Your DP looks familiar so maybe I've been on one of your threads in the past or something so I'm sorry if you have already told me before?

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: rukia
No, I have never worked a night shift--but my friend who has an account here, has. And also he has had paranormal experiences during those shifts. I'm going to go and ask him to respond on this thread. S&F

Cool that would be awesome dude, thanks for that

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wildbob77
I was working in an office building one weekend. I was all by myself.

As I was sitting at my desk, something the size of a large bird flew right over me and then disappeared. It even made me duck.

Later I related this to one of my fellow employees and they said that the building was haunted.

Wow that's freaky? You know if anyone else had similar experiences? Also do you know much about the history of the place?

Thanks for the input

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: selfharmonise
I was working late one night and sitting at my computer at around 9.30pm.

My office was on the second floor.

A black, amorphous shape basically came through the wall to my right - was maybe 20 feet away. The wall itself had nothing adjacent to it, it was above the single story workshop area.

The shape came through the wall and moved away from me down the exit corridor...the route I had to go through to leave and get home.

No other incidents that night, but when I recounted my story the next morning, some of the workshop team had reported seeing it near them when they worked.

Wow was this recently?

Good thing the workshop team saw it aswell to back you up.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: doodles40

Na, not worked there since the 90's however remembering this got me curious and i dived on google.

Center Point Wikipedia

I did not know it was the site of a former Gallows

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: kountzero

Na, not worked there since the 90's however remembering this got me curious and i dived on google.

Center Point Wikipedia

I did not know it was the site of a former Gallows

Woah a former Gallows? Dude could be all sorts creeping around that place.

You ever experienced much at other places or was that just the one for you?

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   

I don't think you are crazy. With little information is what I can do. I didn't say what you wanted, have fun with other answers. Just remember, jupping to a paranormal conclusion is not better than jumping to mine.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: PersonneX

I don't think you are crazy. With little information is what I can do. I didn't say what you wanted, have fun with other answers. Just remember, jupping to a paranormal conclusion is not better than jumping to mine.

Cool man that's all good was kinda just cracking a joke with the whole crazy thing. But like I tried to explain I wasn't trying to say it was 100% paranormal It was just the introduction to my thread as I was wanting like minded people to come on here and share their experiences. I have had plenty of paranormal experiences but can't say I have had any in my current workplace, just inklings. So that got me thinking and wondering what others HAVE experienced while at work and particularly on the night shift.

Not trying to argue or anything let's just call it friendly banter or debate

Don't get me wrong I am not at all complaining it's healthy to have all different views and I definitely appreciate your input

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: doodles40
a reply to: jtrenthacker

Thanks man haven't posted in a long time so I'm glad it's off to a good start. Awesome contribution too by the way

Can only imagine there would be a lot of activity in such old buildings. Man that radio chatter would freak me out haha. Would love to check that Museum out but sadly I don't live in the states, I'm from New Zealand. Maybe one day if I get over for a holiday

NZ eh? I've always wanted to visit there and I have even considered moving there. I'm not sure why, I've just always had an attraction to that country. Maybe I lived there in a past life?

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Yeah theres been others, posted on a thread further down. When i get a min ill find it and edit here the link.

Really been into the whole scene lately. Been on couple of ghost vigils too. 1 was just a bumps and cold spots night, the other i actually had a female whisper "come up here ...[muffled words]" on a stair well. Was totaly alone and k2 meter was spiking madly.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Happened four or five years ago.

Left not too long after. The guys watched security footage after and were in tears laughing at the footage of me trying to get out of the building quick and trying to turn lights out.

Nothing showed up in footage of what I saw,

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I had a first magnitude UFO experience at Digital Equipment Corporation in New England.
Every night something weird happened, such as lightening during a snow storm.
Another strange experience was when I was walking around inside I felt my mind was in something like a web of consciousness and I could sense everyone who was in the building and where they were and their mind.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
No, there was never any response but activity would soon die down. The bldg was a municipal one and I was a dispatcher. There were two relief dispatchers that did not want to work my shift when I was taking time off because the place was haunted. Several of the officers heard the noises and experienced someone standing in the door way to the patrol office and when they would look up from the computer, no one was there. It was definitely weird but job security LOL! There was no one ever after my job. For some reason, I was never afraid. The spirit was nonthreatening.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Not at work but I lived in an old apartment complex with a roommate and one day I had gotten out of the shower, toweled off and opened the door to to let some air in in. I was looking in the mirror and out of the corner of my eye this black shadow literally flew down the hallway. I stuck my head out the bathroom door quick enough to see it bolt into my room. I laughed because I thought it was my roommate being stupid. I walked in my room and nothing. I went to my roommate's room, opened the door and he was asleep on his bed. I never thought much about until years later when I thought back to some other weird things that had happened there and weird feelings I had. I'd set up your cell phone and just shoot some video for awhile and look at it in detail later. Your gut won't lie to you. If you think you're feeling something there's a reason for it.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: selfharmonise
Happened four or five years ago.

Left not too long after. The guys watched security footage after and were in tears laughing at the footage of me trying to get out of the building quick and trying to turn lights out.

Nothing showed up in footage of what I saw,

That must have been funny as hell! LOL

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Yiu can read some my stories search haunted kahler hotel.

This is crazy but if you want just keep asking to see .. Them. I seen a shadow person before from corner of my eyes, it was in the corner.. Noticed a partial human figure so I turned, it jumped out an disappeared. Idk.

I'd stay away from it though. Seriously.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: doodles40

originally posted by: IAMTAT
A friend o mine took a night watchman job at an old (unoccupied) hospital, which was shut down.
He said he would hear voices and footsteps almost every night. He said he dreaded going to work there and quit after about two weeks...and said he'd never work there again.

Dam can only imagine the freaky stuff that could be hanging around there. Anything ever follow him home or has he experienced anything after that job?

No, he never mentioned anything beyond that.
The hospital was eventually renovated and turned into a nursing home. I'm sure it's even more haunted now, than ever.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Anyone else working a night shift job had any paranormal experiences?

Yes, as a matter of I have. I work in a very old hospital, more than 100 years old, that has been retro-fitted numerous times. I am on "evenings", but I am often there late at nite; after midnight.

It's a given, many of my co-workers won't go off to make routine QA points in other parts of the building without accompaniment because they don't want to have any more experiences with "ghosts".

Just recently I had my own experience to toss in with the stories of the rest.

I went to a supply room outside our usual area of operation to get some supplies after midnight one nite. There's a window in the door that's covered with an opaque blue drape. You can tell when the lite is on inside.

I was moving fast and I took in the whole door visually at once as I pressed numbers on the keypad lock with my index finger. As I noted that the light was on and simultaneously tried to crank the door lever, I also heard the sounds of someone inside. They brushed against the door as the door-handle lever abruptly stopped and I was unable to open the door.

I figgered someone was coming out as fast as I was coming in, let go the handle, and stood back to let them out. Nothing. I waited a little longer. Nothing.

I hunched over quick and keyed the numbers in again very deliberately. The door opened. The light was off; I let myself in and turned the light on. The room was empty and it was just me, myself and I.

Maybe over-tired? Maybe just me? I dunno. I tend to ignore that sort of thing.

edit on 9-10-2015 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Not during the night shift but during the day shift I have seen a shadow person. For like two seconds.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I used to work in a care home for adults with severe learning disabilities and did night shifts quite often. A few strange things did happen, the tv in the communal lounge would randomly come on, I just assumed it was a timer, but it was a different time every night and it wasn't always every night. Also there's a room that's used as a storage room, and when you worked nights you used to have to clean it and the bathroom inside it. I hated this room, as soon as I walked in it's like the energy in the room just changed and it was always so cold. I would never go in this room past 10pm as I was always so scared. Another strange thing about this room is one of the service users was also very scared of this room, she would refuse to go in the room, and would literally stand outside the door, hysterical and in tears. Didn't know why as the service user couldn't really communicate. There's also another service user where in her flat someone died, and she would point at the corner in the room and just smile, also in the kitchen in her flat, cups would randomly fly off the side and break, things would move around (wasn't the service users as she wasn't mobile). This happened in the day. But also when I did my night shifts you would hear footsteps all the time coming from outside the communal lounge door and people running around the corridors, however you'd go and check and they'd be no one there! There was always a massive draft and you would also hear things slamming and just strange noises. When all these things happened I didn't really think it was paranormal but then I found out the building was haunted and looking back now a lot of strange things happened!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join