It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else working a night shift job had any paranormal experiences?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: doodles40
Hey everyone, haven't posted in a long time so don't shoot me down just yet

I started my new job about 4 or 5 months ago and it's the first time I have worked the night shift. Been seeing figures out of the corner of my eye here and there and heard some sounds as well as feeling strange energy in some places. Nothing to major just yet, sorry to be vague but I don't want to jump in and say I have had experiences without being able to give any solid proof. I know there have been more than a few deaths here as it is an old company so I don't know if some of them are lingering about.

I thought it would be a cool idea to start this thread and see if anyone has any experiences to share with other night owls on here and keep each other updated of goings on. Obviously there will be people in different time zones but that will make things all the more interesting

I myself am a spiritual person who has had paranormal experiences growing up so you are all welcome and don't feel your experiences will be criticized by me just curious to hear and share with like minded people as I think talking about experiences like these helps keep them alive and vivid.

Looking forward to everybody's input

In my opinion nurses, night security guards, late shift cops, and real estate agents all at one time or another have had their share of paranormal events. Ill tell you one that happen to a buddy of mine who use to work as a security guard at a local hospital. He was down in the basement where the morgue was, alone in a hospital room. Hanging out sitting in a chair, when one of the currants from the beds looked like someone or something slapped their hand through it, it flung open to reveal nothing behind it accept a empty bed. Spooked out my buddy got up and walked out of the room.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
That sounds freaky alright!

Have you had any experiences yourself?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I’ve had many strange experiences on jobs day and night.

But since this is the night I’ll give a spiritual one…nothing spooky but its odd because of the kind of person I was at the time

Overnight shift as a janitor….A rowdy teenager and I don’t mean that wimpy stuff Ben Carson is talking about.

I was almost on the Malcolm x level though not that bad since at least I would work from time to time

Anyway, its grave yard shift and I work through there morning sunrise something I had never paid any attention to UNTIL…

I’m sitting in a window in the dark of night all alone eating lunch at dawn one night.

After a few minutes I put down my lunch and in a few minutes I’m in a trance of awe!

The dark bluish mist…and the searing orange and glistening circle of the sun rising out of that dark blue and murky white mists was something I had never seen!

It was me alone with the sun and all its grandeur and beauty peeking through that window talking to me

That morning I believed to this day God gave me alone on this planet a glimpse of his majesty and beauty as the sun rose that morning out of a collage of such majestic beauty before my eyes

I, a petty thief, drug dealer, drug user, hoodlum was so mesmerized by the absolute BEAUTY of the sunrise that morning I actually-- maybe for the first time in my life-- Prayed to God that morning in my heart that I would have to serve the cause of the one that created and moved that sun that morning!

....I WILL NEVER FORGET MY FEELINGS of sheer awe of seeing God work the sun

I KNEW THEN THERE IS A GOD
I think the rest of my life has been dedicated to making God as beautiful inside the life of us all on this earth amongst ourselves, as he was so beautiful that morning as he raised the sun out of the horizon

The horizon of my heart was awakened

I learned that night turning into morning that the greatest magic is the magic of the transformation of the heart

and the greatest lesson to me then was that I could even learn

edit on 6-11-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Nice man glad that set you on a positive journey

Would love to hear about your other experiences if you feel like sharing

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
My brother used to work nightshifts for a company in southwest england. It was a huge factory but only had 2 workers at night, working far apart from each other. There had been a couple of freak accidents resulting in death, one slipped and accidently hung himself, while someone had committed suicide in the restroom. Well, one night he heard someone whistling and was convinced it was his workmate, it was loud and clear, like someone next to him, he walked towards where he thought it was coming from but no one there. He walked in the opposite direction and all the way to his work colleague. He told his workmate who said "Ah, that's the phantom whistler". They actually had a name for it. Some nights he worked totally alone and heard the same noise. One night one of his workmates came running out of the restroom said he saw something that freaked him out and then handed in his resignation the next day, when my brother looked there he saw nothing. But he said the guy who was freaked out was huge and looked like nothing could scare him.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: doodles40
Would love to check that Museum out but sadly I don't live in the states, I'm from New Zealand. Maybe one day if I get over for a holiday

Ive been all around New Zealand, I spent a whole year there and will do again. The most awesome country on the planet. Lake wanaka and milford sounds were my two favourite places, but the fact you have massive sand dunes in the north, hot weather, and then mountains in the south and cold. So diverse for a small place. I think I stayed at a hostel that was supposed to be haunted but I never saw or heard anything. I dont think Nz has old enough buildings

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I work a night shift job on the weekends, and at first I was excited to see what kinds of experiences I would have. Unfortunately I haven't experienced anything out of the ordinary and it kind of makes the job a little boring. Maybe one night I'll have a story to tell still... Maybe.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I worked in an old Police Station in West London and odd things would happen from time to time.

A colleague was working in an office on the top floor, she came out of the door and walked along the corridor, she could hear rapid footsteps coming behind her, and the floor creaking. She jumped round, thinking it was someone trying to scare her, and there was nobody there.

I was in my office lower down in the building talking to someone sitting at their desk, my back was to the office door and it was open, we both heard very heavy footsteps heading towards the office, l turned round expecting to see someone and there was none there. Our office would be at a right angle to a small office we used as an archive, and often you would see a woman pass by the first window and never continue, the first time it happened l went and checked nobody was there.

An officer use to work in a small office,next to a much larger one, he retired and died suddenly a short while later, the day after we heard the news, the light came on in his office, and a radio came on playing very loudly, playing an Elvis song which he used to love.

The station was closed for a short period for renovations, and an officer had to be on duty there for the night, all he heard was doors slamming , footsteps along corridors, and noises coming from the custody area, he was completely alone in the entire building.

I used to start work about 05.30 and had to enter a pitch black long corridor l would turn the lights on as l passed down it, every hair would be standing on end, and sometimes l would hear shuffling behind me.

That was one creepy building.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
My last factory job I was there 11pm to 7am mon night through sat morning. I would see a figure out of the corner of my eye now and then, and finally got around to mentioning it to a few coworkers. It turned out the factory is very very old and someone did die in the same area I was working in. A few employees would see the spirit now and then, things would get misplaced then turn up precisely where we'd left them, odd chills, definitely out of the normal feels of the place. I'm normally up all night as that is my normal 'daytime' (been that way since 5th grade and I'm now almost 43) so it wasn't lack of sleep; I'd see more crazy things at a first shift job when I should be sound asleep, haha.

I've been a paranormal investigator since 2002 so I know how to debunk things and try to disprove before attributing the 'paranormal' tag to anything strange. I'm not sure if it was indeed a spirit or just happenstance but it was prettty cool to say the least.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I work in IT in a large building, this floor alone has enough desks for approx 1000 people. Occasionally I have to do overtime, working late. I'm new to the role.

From where I sit I can see all the way down to the other side of the building, about 50 meters, at night I'm frequently the only guy on the floor yet every now and then I see shadows moving at the other end of the building. I can also sometimes hear voices mumbling at the other end. Really puts my hairs on end.

One evening I'm walking down toward the other end of the building, I get about 10m from the end when out of the corner of my eye I see a figure silently sprinting towards me. It was so real I actually flinched and put my arms up to protect me from the impact, instead of impacting it went straight through and disappeared. I got a blast of cold air and absolutly s**t myself, stopped what I was doing and ran back to my desk at the other end of the building where the lights were still on.

I've spoken to colleagues about this who confirm they know about the voices and shadows at that end but have never experienced the sprinting 'ghost' or whatever it was.

A security guard that did a long stint used to work here they tell me, and that he had a heart attack one day whilst on night patrol and never returned to work, I don't know if he died or was just too ill to return.

Now I never go down that end of the building alone when it's dark and even in the day it gives me the chills.

Btw I am a massive skeptic and non-believer but this is as real as it gets, I just can't explain it. Horrible.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Hey everyone sorry for my long absence, been a very busy man,

Real glad to see this thread is still going and I will try to get back to everyone when I can

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join