It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else working a night shift job had any paranormal experiences?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Sorry everyone been busy at home havn't had much of a chance to get on so will do my best to reply to everyone tonight.

Glad to see everyones still interested

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtrenthacker

originally posted by: doodles40
a reply to: jtrenthacker

Thanks man haven't posted in a long time so I'm glad it's off to a good start. Awesome contribution too by the way

Can only imagine there would be a lot of activity in such old buildings. Man that radio chatter would freak me out haha. Would love to check that Museum out but sadly I don't live in the states, I'm from New Zealand. Maybe one day if I get over for a holiday

NZ eh? I've always wanted to visit there and I have even considered moving there. I'm not sure why, I've just always had an attraction to that country. Maybe I lived there in a past life?

Wow really? haha well I have to say it is a pretty awesome place to live (sometimes) Awesome scenery and what not, even though I've always lived here I have always appreciated the beauty of it

From a spiritual side of things there are a lot of untouched or "protected" areas to do with the Maori culture. I suppose you could compare them in a way to native Americans but very different in their own ways. I'm also part Maori too.

But anyway before we go off topic too much il read ahead at what else you have posted and we'll go from tehre.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: kountzero
a reply to: doodles40

Yeah theres been others, posted on a thread further down. When i get a min ill find it and edit here the link.

Really been into the whole scene lately. Been on couple of ghost vigils too. 1 was just a bumps and cold spots night, the other i actually had a female whisper "come up here ...[muffled words]" on a stair well. Was totaly alone and k2 meter was spiking madly.

Ok cool I'd really appreciate that

Oh nice do you have any recordings or anything like that? All good if not. Was this at the place you used to work at or somewhere else?

She must have had a thing for you
haha

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Thanks for sharing, that is quite intriguing. Your experience reminds me a bit of nightmares I've had of a house my family lived in when I was little. I've had nightmares about this invisible man who comes to me, draining my energy in some way. I'm always terrified, running or trying to hide from him in these dreams (in which of course I'm a child again.) The house was said to have been haunted and my mother once heard very loud footsteps coming up the stairs, like a fisherman wearing wet rubber boots. She grabbed something for a weapon to defend herself but no one was there. I personally have very few memories of that house at all, and no bad memories, but for these bizarre dreams.

Not sure if this might interest you or not, but I had co-worker who had once worked as a security guard at night for a property on which was the building of an abandoned juvenile hall in which many of the boys had been allegedly abused. While in the building one night, alone, she heard the screaming of a child. She looked all around but could see no one. She said she heard cries, like numerous children calling out to be heard, and it so shook her that she quit and told her boss why. She was a strong woman but obviously that would spook and disturb anyone.

Yes that would disturb me as well.
Anytime kids are involved or abused it really makes me furious. It appears that things like this can cause trapped spirits even when it is kids. I know these things won't stay that way forever, and although I don't understand why they have to remain this way seemingly unaddressed for so long, I know it won't be that way forever. There has to be a reason for it.

Sometimes all it takes is for someone living to go to these locations and verbally condemn what happened to them, and let them know their story is going to be told, and then they sometimes will move on to where they were supposed to go. I have discussed this with lots of different people with different beliefs, and it surprises me how people have misinterpreted their own religions to answer these varying questions using their own value systems instead of keeping a more open mind and acknowledging that "all the answers" just aren't attainable in this life.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   

I agree. I've heard stories of ghosts which stopped haunting a certain house or building after their old paintings were found behind a wall, or old letters in the attic, etc.

It could be an echo of the past and not their actual spirits. Emotions are intense and they do resonate, impact environments.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: selfharmonise
Happened four or five years ago.

Left not too long after. The guys watched security footage after and were in tears laughing at the footage of me trying to get out of the building quick and trying to turn lights out.

Nothing showed up in footage of what I saw,

That's a shame nothing showed up. Hope they didn't give you too hard of a time.

What did you see? If you don't mind me asking?

And no I won't laugh at you I promise

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: grumpydaysleeper
No, there was never any response but activity would soon die down. The bldg was a municipal one and I was a dispatcher. There were two relief dispatchers that did not want to work my shift when I was taking time off because the place was haunted. Several of the officers heard the noises and experienced someone standing in the door way to the patrol office and when they would look up from the computer, no one was there. It was definitely weird but job security LOL! There was no one ever after my job. For some reason, I was never afraid. The spirit was nonthreatening.

Hm oh well the fact that activity died down could mean it was who you thought it was? And maybe the reason you didn't feel threatened could have been because it was the person you knew? Not saying anythings concrete (for all you skeptics out there) but yeah, you know more than anyone else here would because you were there. Were you friends with that person that committed suicide? Or just kinda acquaintances?

Haha nice man gotta get that job security, wish it was that easy for me here

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: planetyeck
Not at work but I lived in an old apartment complex with a roommate and one day I had gotten out of the shower, toweled off and opened the door to to let some air in in. I was looking in the mirror and out of the corner of my eye this black shadow literally flew down the hallway. I stuck my head out the bathroom door quick enough to see it bolt into my room. I laughed because I thought it was my roommate being stupid. I walked in my room and nothing. I went to my roommate's room, opened the door and he was asleep on his bed. I never thought much about until years later when I thought back to some other weird things that had happened there and weird feelings I had. I'd set up your cell phone and just shoot some video for awhile and look at it in detail later. Your gut won't lie to you. If you think you're feeling something there's a reason for it.

Wow that's creepy. What other things and feelings did you experience there if you don't mind me asking?

And yeah I would love to but not meant to have personal phones on you while working, I have a work phone though because I am a team leader, but at the same time because I am the team leader I'm kinda always roaming the site making sure everythings going ok. But I'm slowly talking to staff about the subject to see how they react so hopefully I can get some of them on board and "Turn A blind eye" while they do some recording

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: STEEM
Yiu can read some my stories search haunted kahler hotel.

This is crazy but if you want just keep asking to see .. Them. I seen a shadow person before from corner of my eyes, it was in the corner.. Noticed a partial human figure so I turned, it jumped out an disappeared. Idk.

I'd stay away from it though. Seriously.

Sweet man I will have to search that up.

Yeah I have been told that before about trying to talk to them but that depends on how confident you are that the spirit is what you think it is

Yeah I don't know didn't get any bad vibes from it and I'm usually pretty sensitive to good and bad energies. But yeah we'll see how I go and if anything decides to show itself.

Kinda had a couple of experiences with "shadow people" if you can call it that and yeah wasn't a nice feeling but got rid of it. Definitely knew straight away it was something bad.

Regardless though thank you for the advice and concern friend

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: doodles40

A friend o mine took a night watchman job at an old (unoccupied) hospital, which was shut down.
He said he would hear voices and footsteps almost every night. He said he dreaded going to work there and quit after about two weeks...and said he'd never work there again.

Dam can only imagine the freaky stuff that could be hanging around there. Anything ever follow him home or has he experienced anything after that job?

No, he never mentioned anything beyond that.
The hospital was eventually renovated and turned into a nursing home. I'm sure it's even more haunted now, than ever.

Oh jeez first ghosts, now zombies!
Haha just kidding I love old people.

Ok well that's interesting anyway thank you

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

Cool thanks for the input.

What do you do at this job? Like Job title?

And who knows could be over tired or could be something else

What are some of the experiences the others have talked about?

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Supernovalaura

Man that's creepy alright. Feel sorry for the service users they already were having a hard enough time without being bugged by ghosts aswell.

The way you explained the service user that would point in the corner reminds me of when kids see things but can't explain it.

Do you know of any other occurrances around that place? And do you know much of the history of the place? Just how you said you later found out it was haunted? Not interrogating you or anything just curious

What was the name of the place if you don't mind me asking?

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

That sounds freaky alright.

Just a question, why did you put your cameras in a bucket of Ice?

Have you seen any of that stuff happening much more recently?

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Wow! Man thank you so much for sharing with us all really appreciate it considering you said you havn't spoken much about it. Such detail too! Could definitely picture myself being there.

The reason soldiers staying there could make it haunted could possibly be from some of them dieing there? Or possibly just bad spirits that followed them home from war? Or people they had killed that stayed attatched to them? I dunno just guessing

Have you ever seen any other creatures or figures in these dreams you have had? Only if you don't mind me asking. If it's too much for you to talk about just say so

Thanks so much for sharing dude

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: galaga
A long time ago, I used to be a body transporter. I would go to hospitals, car accidents, suicides, homicides etc..to put a body in a bag and transport them to the Medical Investigator or funeral home or wherever they needed to be taken.

Well one night, I found myself hauling a dead body driving down Route 666 and listening to Ghost to Ghost with Art Bell.

Yup.

Dam dude well I think you win at being on the "Graveyard shift" haha sorry I shouldn't joke, people dying isn't funny.

How long did you do that job?

Does much even freak you out after doing a job like that?

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   

OP...GREAT thread. I'm really enjoying peoples stories. Keep 'em comin' gang!

Thanks man I'm just glad people are responding so well to this thread and not just skeptics trying to rip # into everyone.

I think it is important that this kind of stuff is talked about as well as all the political business. Because even as the world is heading downhill I have a feeling spiritually things could go downhill in a big way aswell, in terms of negative spirits making bad things happen. I dunno just a thought anyway

Thanks again

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

originally posted by: selfharmonise
Especially when I screamed at my own reflection in the glass panel in a door at one point.

a reply to: Night Star

Hahahaha! Would have loved to have seen that!

I am fascinated with the paranormal and even got to go on a paranormal investigation at a historical Inn/restaurant where ghosts have been seen. Nothing much happened while I was there though except for new batteries losing power, cold spots and someone who said they heard a whisper. I don't know how brave I would be on my own. I don't think I would venture very far.LOL

Ah man lucky you, I have always wanted to go on an investigation like that. Maybe one day

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheInhumanCentipede
Working night shift in and of itself damages one's health and mental faculty. The body produces many chemicals and enzymes overnight, and those who sleep only during the daytime often do not produce these vital constituents adequately (or at all).

Seeing things, pareidolia, paranoia, hypertension, anxiety etc, are common deleterious offshoots for those who work during the night; cancer is also far more prevalent with those who have irregular sleep patterns. This 'phenomenon' (of experiencing the "paranormal" at night) is largely why 'things go bump in the night' and people throughout the Ages imagined ghosts and demons almost exclusively during the night -- they're brains weren't functioning properly.

Fair enough. I've experienced all sorts throughout my life though that I deem paranormal, and this is my first night shift job and I have been here just over 5 months.

Not trying to argue or anything just responding but I do understand how your point is valid too

Thanks for the input

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: lindalinda

I would set up a mirror in such a way that you can see the periphery better. Like, right now I can see behind me to the right because of a glass front cabinet on my desk.

Sounds like a good idea man thanks, only problem is I'm on the move a lot while at work so there isn't really a place to set something like that up, there is my office but i"m not in there an aweful lot. Will definitely keep that in mind though.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: TenFourAnimation
Graphic Design...

I worked in a technology park that used to be a mental institution back in the 30's.

Used to chat with security guards that did graveyard shifts... these guys pretty straight shooters... old vets... take their jobs seriously... maybe a bit too seriously...no sense of humour kind of guys.

One of them used to chat about hearing old squeaky gurneys being moved down the hall upstairs.
One claims he saw people moving across floors in the cafeteria which is closed at night.
Elevators opening with nobody in them.

A friend whome I personally worked with used to come in very early for dealing with our overseas customers. One morning he heard somebody moving things down the long hall upstairs... went to help out...nobody there when he inspected.

My very own personally close encounter involved bringing these stories up while on my coffee break in the kitchen.
In the exact moment I was talking about these things, the blinds above the window over to my left, "fell" and crashed into a desk a coworker was sitting by. (this stopped our ghost conversations from there on in)

Upon inspection , the blinds were ripped out of the ceiling to which they were bolted into. (not kidding... right as we were talking about these things)

I love this kind of stuff,... just not in my work or home please.

Jeez that'd wake you up haha.

Reminds me of a situation with my dad. He has this story of an experience he has had with this large black dog that was either a spirit or demon or whatever you would like to call it. Anyway he has only told the story to 4 people (Me included) and each time he's told the story of it the dog has shown up. real weird.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join