It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else working a night shift job had any paranormal experiences?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chance321

originally posted by: doodles40
Hey everyone, haven't posted in a long time so don't shoot me down just yet

I thought it would be a cool idea to start this thread and see if anyone has any experiences to share with other night owls on here and keep each other updated of goings on.

Oh, I have a few. I work the 11PM to 7AM shift a few times. In the education building when your doing building checks the elevator'll start up on its own when your the only one in the building and stop at each floor your doing your rounds on. Other times you'll hear doors slamming and hear faint voices from that you've already checked and locked.
Another time on a housing unit, I'm reading a book and out the corner of my eye I see a figure walk past my office and walk down the dark corridor, I look up and watch it turn to into the hallway leading to the fire exit. I keep an eye on that area when I leave my office , when I get down there, nobody. Got a few more but I'll leave with this for now.

Dam that sounds freaky dude. You ever tried to record around the place or anything? Is it a university or something?

Cool thanks for the contribution would love to hear more when your ready

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear
Great thread topic! I worked as a night stocker at a grocery store in college for a while. Nothing paranormal that sleep deprivation couldn't explain.

Been working for a while as a baker for a grocery store chain. I get up at 2 and clock in at 3. Nothing freaky yet. Only been on the job three months, though.

Changing my sleep cycle has messed with me in non-paranormal ways. I'm far more jumpy. People can sneak up on me. That's never happened before. I always thought it was due to "mystic Injun blood" (I'm 1/4 Blackfoot) that no one could ever quietly surprise me with their presence, but I guess sleep cycle patterns play a huge role in our awareness of our surroundings.

Thanks man glad some people are taking it seriously haha.

Oh dude that's awesome that your 1/4 Blackfoot! You know much about your ancestors? And thats cool man it's algood watch this space for others stories and add your own when you experience things

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: doodles40

Not really. My grandad was a tall quiet fellow. Just smoked his pipe and sat outside all of the time. He taught me a few names for things. Couldn't read well, so I sat on his lap as a kid and read him the tv guide. Used to race home after kindergarten to sit on his lap and watch Gilligan's Island and the Beverly Hillbillies.

Yeah, I'll be checking in on this thread for a while. I'm sure there are some good stories out there. Oh, I just remembered some...but I think it was more the place than the time of day.

I worked in a liquor store in college. We closed at 1am central. Then the other employees would face up all of the booze and wine while I counted drawers and checked the security cameras and then go stock the cooler.

I returned from the second floor locking up the cash to find EVERY bottle in the store pushed back! Thousands of them (big assed liquor store).
I went into the cooler to ask wtf of my employees and they turned white when they saw and wanted to just leave. And as I said I had just checked the security cameras and saw them facing everything up before I changed tapes. So I didn't catch the event and it would have had to happen in a minute. Impossible with how many people were working.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Many years ago, working in Center Point Tower, London. Doing some refurb work to flooring outside lifts up through the building with a workmate. Middle of the night i'm just off the lift lobby sorting out some materials and i hear my collegue talking. After a min or two i pop my head through the door and ask whatsup as we are the only 2 up there and thought he was talking to me. He said "Na just a security guard, saying be careful working at the edge there mate" [we had the lift doors open with the car parked just below so we could work right to the track and be able to keep it clean and not mess up lift car floor] Thought nothing of it till we finnished the shift at the end of the night.

Went to reception to sign out and mate was talking to security guy. during the convo he mention chatting to the other chap, the security guy says "what chap? only the 3 of us have been here all night!

oooooooooh

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Would love to try an record some of the stuff that happens, but can't it's a prison and we can't bring in any recording devices. We've had two rounds men ( That's their job to make round throughout the facility) refuse to enter the education building by themselves because of the noises and things that go on in their and have left those jobs. There are at least five buildings that everyone knows are haunted.
The Administration Bldg, I've walked past the mens room and hear the toilet flush and nobodys in there, sometimes you can hear voices and doors slamming. There are others times, not often, you stay out of there period. For example, I've gone in checked doors making sure their locked and you'll get this feeling that someone's watching you from down the hall, then it feels like they're standing right behind you and it's not exactly a "friendly" feeling. You keep that feeling as your walking down the stairs but the feeling never follows you down the stairs, it stays on that floor. I swear one of these times I'm gonna look up and see something at the top of those stairs.
Other times in the same building if your down stairs you'll hear what sounds like a metal pipe dropping then you can hear it being dragged across the floor.
I know this sound out there, but it's creep as all heck some nights.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: kountzero

Now that's a creepy one. Was your friend able to describe him? Maybe it was someone the other security guards might have known that had passed.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Painted signs for a sign shop for 7 years that used to be an old bottling company. Worked a few 16 hour shifts with others, but sometimes just me, but I would see everyone else leave and lock the door behind them, then go back to paint area. After a bit I could hear people talking. I would open the paint booth door up and look out.. You could hear a pin drop. Then I would walk out into the main shop and go all the way to a closed overhead door and listen for cars. Nothing..

Back to booth, then hear voices again, go out in the shop, and now the voices are coming from the paint booth. At this point I wise up to the fact that a spirit is messing with me big time.. What do I do?? I break into a truly rich fit of laughter at the ghost for doing that so well and making me laugh. I vocalized all this and wasn't mad or afraid.

After that it didn't bother me or make any more attempts or sounds of any kind after that. But it scared some younger workers and others so bad they never came back.
Those who became afraid of this thing were really targeted big time.. It would shout gibberish right in peoples ear.
I laughed at it with genuine amusement and bent over holding my gut laughing like my best friend had pranked me and it totally didn't bother me anymore..

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Chance321

There is a follow up to the story, didnt have time to finish it b4. Our foreman did a few nights there after us and got chatting to another guard who had worked there for longer than the guy we spoke to and he metioned our experience to him [it had become well talked about on other jobs amongst the crew] He knew right away what he was talking about. Apparently during a previous lot of work years before, sometime, when the lifts had been worked on, a security guard had fallen to his death down a shaft. He'd gone onto a landing where the lights were out due to the work and seems like he tripped and fell through the door where there was no doors fitted or been left open. His ghost had been seen by a fair few others before us.

Center Point is a weird place for a modernish building, nearly always virtualy empty. Dunno if it is now but for a while it was a refuge for homeless kids in the 90's if i remember right. Bet that would have been a source for more spookyness too.

edit on 8-10-2015 by kountzero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Great topic! I'm hoping for more threads like this now that we are approaching Halloween. So much better than the countless political threads. S&F.

As for me, I didn't necessarily work a graveyard shift but I would often work 12-16 hour shifts for a newspaper years ago. I worked as a production artist and I would often work into the early morning on deadline day. The newspaper has several smaller community newspapers. I worked at a few and all of them were located in a very old building in town. Chillicothe Gazette (Ohio) was in a really creepy building with a basement I only went into once. I didn't see anything but after a few minutes, the hairs on my arm started standing up and it just didn't feel right.

Zanesville, Ohio was another little creepy building. Me and the other guy working with me would often here "conversation" coming from offices down the hall even though we knew we were the only people there. One night I was using the restroom. It was a small room with just a toilet and sink. While doing my business, I noticed a shadow blocking light under the door. I thought one of my co-workers was messing with me (I was alone that night). I shouted out and no answer. The shadow kept moving around like somebody was walking around outside the door. I quickly finished up and opened the door. Nothing. I searched the whole building. Nada.

Circleville, Ohio was in a very old building downtown. The town is famous for the Pumpkin Show and it was going on at the time. Our office was setting up a booth outside the front of our building and we needed some extension cords. We kept old equipment in the basement. The basement has a doorway that joins it with the basement of the building next door. However, the only way in and out of the basement was from our building. As I was digging through some boxes, I noticed somebody walk past that doorway on the other side of the basement. It was a busy day and lots of people had been coming in and out of our office so I figured it was a co-worker looking for something as well. I got my extension cord and popped my head through the doorway to see who it was. Again, nothing there. I got the chills and ran up the stairs. I never went down there alone again.

I worked with a guy who used to be a night shift custodian for the Air Force Museum in Dayton, Ohio (the museum is highly recommended if you get the chance). He told me he lasted 2 weeks and then had to quit. He said that he saw shadow figures moving around all the time and would hear voices. He would even hear what sounded like radio chatter coming from some of the Vietnam era choppers and planes. Others that he worked with confirmed his experiences but it didn't seem to bother them as much. I've been to that museum numerous times and there are some areas that are creepy even during the day with crowds. Lots of machines or parts of machines that are associated with many deaths. Also, mannequins everywhere. I could easily see how somebody could be freaked out working there alone.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I use to work graveyard in a building where someone commited suicide. Some nights you could hear things being dropped on the other end of the building or someone walking down the hall way. There was only one way in and out of the bldg because the other doors were kept locked Several times, when other co workers were there, they thought someone was standing in the doorway waiting to talk to them as they did their work on the computer and find no one there. It was pretty creepy but I happened to know the person who died and would just yell out his name and tell him to knock it off. Most nights I was the only one there for hours at a time.
edit on 8-10-2015 by grumpydaysleeper because: spelled something wrong

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
No better ghost story than a true one! Keep 'em coming!

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
No, I have never worked a night shift--but my friend who has an account here, has. And also he has had paranormal experiences during those shifts. I'm going to go and ask him to respond on this thread. S&F
edit on 8-10-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I was working in an office building one weekend. I was all by myself.

As I was sitting at my desk, something the size of a large bird flew right over me and then disappeared. It even made me duck.

Later I related this to one of my fellow employees and they said that the building was haunted.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I was working late one night and sitting at my computer at around 9.30pm.

My office was on the second floor.

A black, amorphous shape basically came through the wall to my right - was maybe 20 feet away. The wall itself had nothing adjacent to it, it was above the single story workshop area.

The shape came through the wall and moved away from me down the exit corridor...the route I had to go through to leave and get home.

No other incidents that night, but when I recounted my story the next morning, some of the workshop team had reported seeing it near them when they worked.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Oh ok that's algood man I've always been fascinated by Native American history and culture and everything

Oh dam would've been awesome if it had been caught on camera, that is freaky.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: kountzero

Dude that is creepy alright! Have you ever been back there since? Or do you still work there at all?

It's always better when other people have seen the same thing, kinda helps you confirm it for yourself and not just shrug it off. Thanks man enjoyed reading this

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chance321

Would love to try an record some of the stuff that happens, but can't it's a prison and we can't bring in any recording devices. We've had two rounds men ( That's their job to make round throughout the facility) refuse to enter the education building by themselves because of the noises and things that go on in their and have left those jobs. There are at least five buildings that everyone knows are haunted.
The Administration Bldg, I've walked past the mens room and hear the toilet flush and nobodys in there, sometimes you can hear voices and doors slamming. There are others times, not often, you stay out of there period. For example, I've gone in checked doors making sure their locked and you'll get this feeling that someone's watching you from down the hall, then it feels like they're standing right behind you and it's not exactly a "friendly" feeling. You keep that feeling as your walking down the stairs but the feeling never follows you down the stairs, it stays on that floor. I swear one of these times I'm gonna look up and see something at the top of those stairs.
Other times in the same building if your down stairs you'll hear what sounds like a metal pipe dropping then you can hear it being dragged across the floor.
I know this sound out there, but it's creep as all heck some nights.

Na man definitely dosn't sound out there, (well not to me anyway) That's creepy alright, know what you mean you don't exactly have to physically see an entity to know it's there. If they want their presence known they can put out that real heavy and ugly energy that gives you the chills.

Wow that's freaky that it only stays on that floor. And also about those roundsmen leaving, well an uncle of mine used to work in a prison too and I know those roundsman are mostly hard men so for them to freak out itd have to be pretty terrifying alright.

Love the input man was a good read

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Nice man that's the way show no fear! haha I find bad spirits are like bullies, they will only push you around if you let them. (Well most of then time anyway)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

Thanks man haven't posted in a long time so I'm glad it's off to a good start. Awesome contribution too by the way

Can only imagine there would be a lot of activity in such old buildings. Man that radio chatter would freak me out haha. Would love to check that Museum out but sadly I don't live in the states, I'm from New Zealand. Maybe one day if I get over for a holiday

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: grumpydaysleeper
I use to work graveyard in a building where someone commited suicide. Some nights you could hear things being dropped on the other end of the building or someone walking down the hall way. There was only one way in and out of the bldg because the other doors were kept locked Several times, when other co workers were there, they thought someone was standing in the doorway waiting to talk to them as they did their work on the computer and find no one there. It was pretty creepy but I happened to know the person who died and would just yell out his name and tell him to knock it off. Most nights I was the only one there for hours at a time.

Man that would be freaky alright, did the person ever respond in any way when you would call their name?

Yeah the thing with the job I work at is it's an old company and considered pretty good so there are a lot of older people still here and a lot that have passed away while at work. A lot of heart attacks and deaths along that line. I know a lot of them back then and to this day pretty much end up living here so makes me wonder if they decided to stick around even after they died?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join