It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Declares State of War.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Kim acts like a Kardashian...whenever he is out of the news for too long he finds something salacious or ridiculous to do because he is afraid the news is going to forget him.

This is standard operating procedure for NK.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: pianoasis
South Korea is a US proxy state. That's why their police and government are so corrupt.

North Korea wishes to be nothing but isolationist. Obviously they make mistakes (the famine proceeding their dam project failure) but they are their mistakes to make. Leave North Korea alone. This shouldn't have to end in blood but it is what South Korea wants.

You must be NK....
Explain how when the U.S. evacuated SK, NK tried to over-run SK! The whole premise was to make 1 Korea under a communist regime. SK wanted nothing to do with communism. No bloodshed has been called for, except by NK. Your points are ,,,,,,POINTLESS!
edit on 23-8-2015 by Ohio_Ron because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Being reported now on various media sources:
70% of North Korean submarines have left their bases for operations.
RT news

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
a reply to: jude11

That just gives me shudders. I was wrong when I said that China needed the infrastructure in place to receive an economical boost from a war. They have what they need to benefit in that they can supply construction material and an ungodly amount of steel. Then considering that US and SK companies could benefit with skilled labor...

My mind is now changed. I'm of the opinion that war might just break out this time around.

AHh so NK will be razed to the ground then Benevolent CHina steps in and the U S provides humanitarian aid. Seems like it is a possibility and it will stave off a stock market meltdown in both countries.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: jude11

originally posted by: St0mP121
I say just get it on and over with. do i believe that NK will spark WWIII? NO why you ask. Russia thinks NK is just as crazy as we do, China Thinks NK is just as crazy as we do. NK prob will destroy SK and i don't approve of at all and i really don't want to see that kind of loss of life But then it will be the end of NK. Then maybe after people can move back to Korea. in about 30-60 years and live in a peaceful nation

And 50 million people die?

Can't go with that.

Jude

As long as its not Our people dying let them fight it out.

I wonder how many South Koreans are willing to fight that fight to finally unify their country. I wonder how many North Koreans would be willing to lay down their weapons and possibly their lives at the hands of their military leaders if given a realistic hope of unification.

When it's all said and done, it's their country. They've got to be willing to fight for it to have any meaning.

A lot of older people in SK just want to be reunited with their family before they die and what's interesting is the youth take on it.

I asked many young people (20's and 30's) and older what they thought about it all and more often than not the answer was the same.

The older: Too much drain on SK economy to support the NK with food, infrastructure, medicine and such. But we want our family back together.

The younger: They don't see peace as possible until the older generation dies off.

Jude

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Well boys, looks like the moment draws nearer and we should be prepared for anything. North Korea very well could be taking advantage of these talks for troop movement and strategic positioning, using the South Koreans diplomacy against them. All this seems to be an indicator the war is about to happen.I don't wish to be a warmonger but I must say again, this threat cannot exist in the modern civilized world therefor whatever we need to do to eliminate said threat needs to happen and happen now.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
a reply to: EternalSolace

Sure NK makes a great proxy army. But eventually you'll have to support that army, and I don't quite think they're in a position to fight any kind of elongated campaign.

But no one would be playing the long game... You can only use the North Korea card once.. sacrifice it.. make it go until its own resources run dry.. it would suck in such an army to stop it that South Korea's allies would be exhausted, momentarily - prime for the main attack.

that's why its a first strike weapon

China and North Korea's freindship ended when China's trade with South Korea became more valuable to the China than everything North Korea has to offer. A North Korean invasion of the South would cost China vital trade is needs. Also at this point the South Koreans can pretty much handle the North on their own. The US would back them of course and maybe other nations would make tokens of support. However Japan, Taiwan, Philippines, Vietnam, Myanmar and India would all be fine shape to deal with China. And what would China's goals be? It does not have the ability to project power much beyond its own borders.

Their is a reason North Korea has declared China to be back stabbing traitors.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: crazyewok

Well boys, looks like the moment draws nearer and we should be prepared for anything. North Korea very well could be taking advantage of these talks for troop movement and strategic positioning, using the South Koreans diplomacy against them. All this seems to be an indicator the war is about to happen.I don't wish to be a warmonger but I must say again, this threat cannot exist in the modern civilized world therefor whatever we need to do to eliminate said threat needs to happen and happen now.

True,but how to achieve it? what if when kim meets with his advisors/generals they all pull a julius ceasear on him? that would be hilarious.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: jude11

That's a strange conundrum. Especially not wanting to support NK with commodities but at the same time wanting their families back together. That just leaves the question of whether they'd be willing to endure that drain for unification. I don't think there's any doubt the young would if that's what it would take for lasting peace.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I just can't wait for their demands regarding humanitarian help few days after the threats.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: KiwiNite
I just can't wait for their demands regarding humanitarian help few days after the threats.

YEah i can imagine it. Give us money and food or we shoot all of these children.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

It has worked for them consistently in the past.

Step 1. Rattle Sabre
Step 2. Profit from payments and concessions from the West.

However NK no longer has the unconditional support of China anymore so it will be interesting to see if this round plays out any differently.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas

Step 1. Rattle Sabre
Step 2. Profit from payments and concessions from the West.

However NK no longer has the unconditional support of China anymore so it will be interesting to see if this round plays out any differently.

This time id say Go ahead. shoot your hostages ya not getting anymore.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I have to wonder if Lil' Kim is smart enough to realize that without China prepared to defend them nobody is going to take them as seriously as we all used to. The problem can be if they DON'T realize it, they may think they just have to keep ratcheting up the tension until they do get what they want which could lead into a shooting war.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
What I don't understand is why do you all think that this machinery on the Chinese border is against NK tanks moving into China. What a joke.
These comrades still bow to Mao's statue. Their capitalism is just Machiavellianism in Sun Tzu - Art of War style. It is meant as a potentional NK reinforcement / to show SK aka west China's intervention readiness. A little contribution to the talks. Don't be naive. They would support them like in Vietnam just to be sure their common enemy is bleeding enough.
If I found myself in those woods and heard distant russian it wouldn't surprise me much.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

I just asked my Korean wife about what you said and...

"Tell him that I have lived under this crap all my life and he knows nothing about it. Both sides love to push buttons and when there is a chance to stop something by swallowing a little pride the Korean people South and North vote for that move."

No doubt she is correct. Unfortunately the votes of the people have very little impact on the actions of totalitarian dictatorships, historically speaking.
edit on 15/8/23 by Tsurugi because: BBCode fail

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: PapagiorgioCZ
What I don't understand is why do you all think that this machinery on the Chinese border is against NK tanks moving into China. What a joke.
These comrades still bow to Mao's statue. Their capitalism is just Machiavellianism in Sun Tzu - Art of War style. It is meant as a potentional NK reinforcement / to show SK aka west China's intervention readiness. A little contribution to the talks. Don't be naive. They would support them like in Vietnam just to be sure their common enemy is bleeding enough.
If I found myself in those woods and heard distant russian it wouldn't surprise me much.

China and South Korea have close trade ties. That started the trouble. Then China publicly opposed NK nukes tests making NK more angry. NK then started grabbing Chinese fishing boats demanding money for them. China also holds North Korea in violation of the defense treaties because it failed to inform China of its nuke program. Then Kim executed his uncle who was China's main contact with NK. Things have gotten worse from there. In fact North Korea's increased aggression is likely do to China's lack of influence in NK.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Kim is a megalomaniac who has been brainwashed since birth by his late father, that he is a god.....he is convinced of his own divinity. he pays his generals top dollar, and treats them like royalty

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join