It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Declares State of War.

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: hiddenNZ
a reply to: Xcathdra
can anyone see that really happening?

Negative Ghost Rider.... Pattern is full.

link   

This makes me wonder if Kimmy will now go silent and stop complaining about the "broadcasts". He promised to take action if they weren't stopped, days ago. Then, he offered "talks" which halted the threats...for a while. I think he's a coward, and this will prove it to his people and the whole world unless he actually makes due on his threats. He's trapped right now and so far he is appearing like a total liar and coward, so much to the point where a coup could actually take place.
edit on 23-8-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: DarkPassenger95
personally,i do.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

A coward with something to prove....

Those scenarios always end well for the person...

Apparently kimmy ignored the rules on being a dictator -

The Top 100 Things I'd Do If I Ever Became An Evil Overlord

Specifically #12 -

12.One of my advisors will be an average five-year-old child. Any flaws in my plan that he is able to spot will be corrected before implementation.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Here we go -

N. Korea slams S. Korea amid high-level talks

SEOUL, Aug. 24 (Yonhap) -- North Korea lashed out at South Korea Monday, blaming it for high tensions on the Korean Peninsula as marathon talks aimed at defusing the situation continued for a third day.

The Rodong Sinmun, the official newspaper of the North's ruling Workers' Party, claimed in an editorial that the South drove the political situation on the peninsula to dangerous levels under a deliberate plan with the U.S. to invade the communist country, according to the North's Korean Central News Agency.

In a separate editorial also carried by the same paper, the North insisted that the South fabricated this month's landmine explosion and artillery exchange to prepare for war with the North.

"The editorial said that the puppets' confrontational mental illness has completely reached the late stage," said the KCNA dispatch, citing the fact that South Korea has placed all government offices under emergency alert mode and banned military personnel from leaving their premises.

North Korea refers to the South as "puppets" of the U.S.

As of Monday morning, top negotiators from the two sides continued to hold marathon talks at the truce village of Panmunjom inside the Demilitarized Zone dividing the Koreas.

The talks began Saturday evening after tensions soared following a landmine explosion earlier this month blamed on the North and an exchange of artillery across the heavily fortified border.

Also take notice - N. Korea is back to referring to S. Korea as a puppet.
edit on 23-8-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

was it kimmy that oferred talks nor sk?

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: hiddenNZ

NK initiated the talks from everything I have read over the past few days.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
The only "out" I can see for either side while saving some sort of face, is for one of them to blink, but repurpose it into condescension. E.g. NK saying, "We have decided that the puppet regime is not worth the cost in hardware and lives to deal with them, which would be an easy victory to achieve. We are so far above them that they are beneath notice and like a bug under our shoe." and then doing nothing. No apology, nothing. Or South Korea saying, "We recognize there is no point in continuing the broadcasts, because NKOR's petulance & provocations would continue regardless, unwilling to change or listen as they are, but we will redouble our border defenses posthaste," or some such. (Such bellicose language may seem undiplomatic, but if it prevents war...)

If one side can stomach that and still claim some sort of "moral" victory, it might be enough to placate the other. If not, short of an outside party delivering some separate concession factor such as aid (which NK could then depict as having been successfully "won" through their "military might" and the threat of it,) I don't see the way to back down for either side.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong. I believe both sides know outright conflict would be a catastrophe.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Not good. That can either mean that North Korea is close to having all their assets in place and is preparing to attack or it's just more sabre rattling.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Edit: I was wrong. This occurred before the NK rhetoric against SK that you posted. I got the time stamps wrong.
edit on 8/23/2015 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
'No Room to Back Down': South Korea Demands Apology for Soldiers' Injuries

SEOUL, South Korea — Tense negotiations between North and South Korea continued through the night as Seoul demanded a formal apology for injuries to two of its soldiers this month, South Korean officials said Monday.

The talks were described as tense after South Korea's Defense Ministry said it had detected "unusual" North Korean submarine activity even as the countries are trying to resolve a spat that brought the peninsula close to war last week.

Official sources said South Korean President Park Geun-hye told her staff during a meeting Monday morning that "it is most important to get North Korea's apology" for injuries to the two soldiers, who were wounded by landmines along the border early this month.

"There is no room to back down," the sources quoted Park as having told her staff. "If there is no apology, we will respond accordingly."

Click link for remainder of article.

ETA -

Agence France-Presse ‏@AFP · 52s52 seconds ago
#BREAKING: South Korea says won't end broadcasts without 'clear' North Korea apology

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

Edit: I was wrong. This occurred before the NK rhetoric against SK that you posted. I got the time stamps wrong.

Its understandable.. The media outlets are recycling the earlier reports and adding updated information to them.

ETA - Taipei's shares are down 7%+

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Hmmm, that wording slightly and kinda importantly changes things... She's asking for an apology for the injuries now, not the actual placement of the mines. That's significant IMO becuse now the north can just say "we are sorry for their injuries" and not actually own responsibility for the attack itself..

Interesting. She really seems to be trying to give them an out now, one in which they can actually save face without a conflict.
edit on 23-8-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DarkPassenger95

I think if Kim does more than rhetoric, and actually starts with armed conflict. Then N.K. will be invaded from the North, the N.K. Army will defect in droves to the P.L.O. and it will all be over in a couple of days.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

thats if NK doesnt go balls out as hard as it can,as fast as it can

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
For those who are interested -

KCNA - North Korean official state media outlet - English.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
For those who are interested -

KCNA - North Korean official state media outlet - English.

That link didn't load for me.
When it finally stopped trying to load, I got a message from Norton saying it blocked an attack.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   

No idea.. It worked fine for me with no virus trigger.

try this -
www.kcna.kp

I just noticed it looks like they track visitors. When I looked at the address line I noticed it has home session ID and some other stuff.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Two nights talks...what did they talk about? "Switch off the loudspeakers!" " No, you apologize first!" That for 2 whole nights?
I don't believe it!

SK president on MSM just called for official apologize and that the broadcasts would continue until then. She knows NK won't give it. Instead Kim sends submarines and 1 mln new recruits of the army, "volunteers".

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: aorAki

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
He probably worries more he will be assassinated and maybe hesitated to give his troops weapons, kind of like our own president Obama. (Sorry but they really are a lot alike).

You're crazy. President Obama is in no way like Kim Jong Un. I get it though, any chance to dismiss your president, even when the topic isn't about him.

Oh but Obama IS like Kim in many ways. Get over it. Both are Narcissists. Both feel that no law applies to them personally. Both are afraid of their own troops armed while in the presence of their own troops. Both feel they know better what is best for their constituents, than all of their constituents.

Both have a sense of entitlement and seek praise and complements and cannot deal with criticism at all. I could list much more but I would hit the character limit in posts.

Should I continue or are you dedicated to denial only being a river?

If we had a President we could expect a diplomatic solution where everyone comes out looking okay and all sins forgotten, but we have a child doing a mans job in both countries. So mentioning him is relevant. Moving along now.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join