It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Declares State of War.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Kim is heating it up a notch it seems.

www.zerohedge.com...

The top leader of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) Kim Jong Un has ordered the country's frontline combined forces to enter state of war from 5pm (0830 GMT) Friday. the official KCNA news agency reported Friday, the official KCNA news agency reported early Friday.

Kim made the order at an emergency enlarged meeting of the central military commission of the ruling Workers' Party of Korea, said the report.

He ordered the forces to be well armed to cope with any possible operations at any time. Kim also gave the order that the frontline area enter quasi state of war from 5 pm Friday.

www.nbcnews.com...

I still believe that the spark for WW3 is going to come from NK. He's about the craziest out of them all and the difference is that he actually believes he is omnipotent. That's the real problem.

More coming in of course and we'll see how this progresses through the weekend.

www.usatoday.com...

The North has given the South until 5 p.m. North Korean time Saturday to stop the broadcasts and remove banks of loudspeakers or suffer what it says will be severe military consequences.

All over a bunch of loud speakers. All the South has to do is stop. But will they? Men and their toys.

Jude

edit on 21-8-2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: jude11

S&F Jude, interesting post.

This article www.cbsnews.com... mentions Kim signing off on "the final attack option."

This could get interesting. Then again, NK likes to talk a lot of trash so who knows. They like to run their collective mouth, bang the war drum, then claim victory without doing anything.

Maybe they'll finally get their ass handed to them? Will watch this one.

+21 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
A state of war has continued to exist between the north and south Korea since the beginning of the Korean war, it has only been a truce since 1953.

In 2013, N. Korea stated that the truce was no longer valid and that a state of war exists.

So........what? Kim had to repeat himself?

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

This is basically just over propaganda broadcasting. Those are definitely a lot of loudspeakers, but how far into North Korea could the sound get?

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
A state of war has continued to exist between the north and south Korea since the beginning of the Korean war, it has only been a truce since 1953.

In 2013, N. Korea stated that the truce was no longer valid and that a state of war exists.

So........what? Kim had to repeat himself?

Of course he had to repeat it. For posterity of course.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

This is basically just over propaganda broadcasting. Those are definitely a lot of loudspeakers, but how far into North Korea could the sound get?

Far enough to piss of little Kim I'm guessing.

Jude

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Is it that time of the year when the winter is closer and noko start to bark trying to get a bone? happens every year ...

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
Is it that time of the year when the winter is closer and noko start to bark trying to get a bone? happens every year ...

Indeed it does.

One thing different tho.

Kim has never given a start time. What does it mean? Time will tell.

Jude

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

Of course, SK could always just, well, turn off the speakers.

Regardless of what we are told to think about NK it is hard to see setting up huge banks of speakers to blast propaganda at your neighbours as anything less than obvious provocation. Certainly not worth risking a single life over, let alone a full blown war.

Wind your necks in SK and stop being so #ing childish.

+14 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

All over a bunch of loud speakers. All the South has to do is stop. But will they? Men and their toys.

Jude

Um, what? All the south has to do is stop, how about the north stop laying land minds and engaging in deadly and maiming provocations, loud speakers what a joke, if that's the pretense to war then once again the north is shown for the clowns they are. This threat needs to be dealt with now! More lives will be lost the longer we wait! Diplomacy is always the defacto choice, in this instance it is not possible. Bowing to the demands of a crazed dictator is never the right move, there's plenty of history to understand this concept. By making this statement you've opened the door to somehow blame SK for the impending war, yea not gonna happen I'll close that for ya.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Calm down. Kim declared "Army on 'Quasi State of War", big difference.
Just the usual sabre-rattling.

From the article:

On Thursday, North Korea fired two shells into the South, apparently in protest at the broadcasts. The South hit back with a barrage of 29 shells of its own.

hmm.. who is really provoking who ?
Your answer will be here, in about 8 hours...

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

originally posted by: jude11

Jude

Um, what? All the south has to do is stop, how about the north stop laying land minds and engaging in deadly and maiming provocations, loud speakers what a joke, if that's the pretense to war then once again the north is shown for the clowns they are. This threat needs to be dealt with now! More lives will be lost the longer we wait! Diplomacy is always the defacto choice, in this instance it is not possible. Bowing to the demands of a crazed dictator is never the right move, there's plenty of history to understand this concept. By making this statement you've opened the door to somehow blame SK for the impending war, yea not gonna happen I'll close that for ya.

As I mentioned, MEN and their toys...includes all.

I just asked my Korean wife about what you said and...

"Tell him that I have lived under this crap all my life and he knows nothing about it. Both sides love to push buttons and when there is a chance to stop something by swallowing a little pride the Korean people South and North vote for that move."

So there it is I guess.

I also lived there for 8 yrs and still remember air raid drills every Month. In the South. So I don't care who has to swallow some pride.

Peace

edit on 21-8-2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: kloejen

Calm down. Kim declared "Army on 'Quasi State of War", big difference.
Just the usual sabre-rattling.

From the article:

On Thursday, North Korea fired two shells into the South, apparently in protest at the broadcasts. The South hit back with a barrage of 29 shells of its own.

hmm.. who is really provoking who ?
Your answer will be here, in about 8 hours...

Who's not calm? Do you see anyone doing anything other than discussing? Not me.

And yes, it's quasi but the headline is what it is.

One more time I will point out why this is interesting. The time limit. Never happens. Why now?

We wait of course.

Jude

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I wonder if the north thinks China cares. Might just be the ticket for everybody's economy???????

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I put a lot more stock into the opinion of another Korean Lady... Park Geun-hye.

She is tired of NK randomly killing and maiming her soldiers and she's put her foot down.

I do not believe she will "Quit playing with her toys", I believe she will blast the speakers and stand up for her country.

Sorry I put more stock in her opinion than into some random korean lady who doesn't live there anymore for some.... reason.

link   

originally posted by: mikell
I wonder if the north thinks China cares. Might just be the ticket for everybody's economy???????

China will never allow NK to go it alone as it's right on their border.

If NK fires off enough to have the US go in, China will be there.

If Kim doesn't shut up soon I believe China will annex NK to extend the border.

But then again...

Jude

link   

Lil' Kim huffed and puffed for a while now and no houses have been blown down.

He is in no position to threaten anybody.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

It's just more of the same, saber rattling and tough talk.

Kim isn't the one pulling the strings, he's just a puppet leader there by birth right.

The very last thing the ruling elite in NK want is an all out war with the South. All that will do is quicken the demise of their ruling party.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: YeahYea4

I put a lot more stock into the opinion of another Korean Lady... Park Geun-hye.

She is tired of NK randomly killing and maiming her soldiers and she's put her foot down.

I do not believe she will "Quit playing with her toys", I believe she will blast the speakers and stand up for her country.

Sorry I put more stock in her opinion than into some random korean lady who doesn't live there anymore for some.... reason.

And you never lived there I can see.

Also, THAT Korean lady you speak of? If you really know Korean politics, she won't serve out her term or at the very least is a one shot deal. Not the most popular.

AND...My RANDOM wife as you so kindly put it just spoke a very choice few Korean words back but I'll be the better one and not repeat it.

One more thing, be very careful of personal insults towards members.

Jude

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

If you are offended by what he said which I see no offense then don't source your family! I wouldn't source mine, as we all know invariably the source will be questioned or dismissed on ATS, as it should be. If you are not comfortable with your family being dismissed as a source don't source them. It's not right otherwise, now I would never dismiss another mans wife which is why I didn't respond, however I would never source my wife either.
edit on 21-8-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join