It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Declares State of War.

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Don't know if they are trying to freak us out, but this is all it says in headline writing:

(URGENT) Deployment of U.S. B-52 strategic bomber, nuke-armed submarine in S. Korea under discussion

english.yonhapnews.co.kr...

uhhhh...

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ebidoki

Yep, it's getting close... However, there are tweets that the SK Joint Cheifs of staff saying the NK landing crafts at the border is a false report. This may be the beginning stages of the fog of war..
edit on 23-8-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
yep....something is about to happen I think........something rather bad for some people

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
The silence by the media and even here on ATS is eerie right now...

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
too bloody right a reply to: Wookiep

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

The way that reads just seems to me that they're talking about deploying those assets. Though, there's no doubt in my mind that the 7th fleet has a sub sitting off the coast of NK by now.

[Breaking] ‘Discussions with the United States to deploy B-52 bombers, and nuclear submarine'

Seoul vows strong retaliatory action in case of North's provocation

Deployment of U.S. strategic military assets in S. Korea under review: Seoul government

[Breaking] 'Discussions with the United States to deploy B-52 strategic bombers, and nuclear submarine under way'

Yeah, they haven't actually deployed a B-52 or sub yet. They're just discussing it.
edit on 8/23/2015 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

The nuclear armed submarine is most likely to act as a deterrent to North Korea. Lil kimmy has threatened to turn the south and the US into infernos with their nukes (another issue China was pissed about).

As for the landing craft and false report - Are they saying the entire report is unfounded or are they just disputing the reported location? I ask because some articles have stated they were deployed like 60 kilometers from the border.

originally posted by: Wookiep
The silence by the media and even here on ATS is eerie right now...

Calm before the storm?

As for China they are having their own issues. Just minutes after their stock market opened it shed almost 4%. 5%.
edit on 23-8-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
The ball is in NK's court. Obviously the discussion of deploying bombers and subs with nukes is meant to push NK to give it up. Either they admit and apoligize for the mine incident, or this is war. Will NK do that?

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

The way that reads just seems to me that they're talking about deploying those assets. Though, there's no doubt in my mind that the 7th fleet has a sub sitting off the coast of NK by now.

[Breaking] ‘Discussions with the United States to deploy B-52 bombers, and nuclear submarine'

Seoul vows strong retaliatory action in case of North's provocation

Deployment of U.S. strategic military assets in S. Korea under review: Seoul government

[Breaking] 'Discussions with the United States to deploy B-52 strategic bombers, and nuclear submarine under way'

Yeah, they haven't actually deployed a B-52 or sub yet. They're just discussing it.

Thanks for clearing up! It came on via twitter, when I got to the link it was just the headline. It did panic me.
I'm trying to keep away from it for the rest of the night. If something happens it happens, there is not much any of us can do to prevent it unfortunately. I just feel horrible for the people of North and South Korea

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I'm not sure of the details on the landing craft denial by the Joint Cheifs, it wasn't clear enough.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
The ball is in NK's court. Obviously the discussion of deploying bombers and subs with nukes is meant to push NK to give it up. Either they admit and apoligize for the mine incident, or this is war. Will NK do that?

I'm worried that Kim has went beyond the point of no return when it comes to backing down and saving face. He might have no option but to retaliate so as not to appear weak to his staff. It doesn't look like SK is willing to make any concessions this time around leaving Kim no other option than to back down or back up his rhetoric.
edit on 8/23/2015 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace
good point there,I reckon something will happen in the next few days,if not the next 12 hours.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Some of the talking heads in the media also raised the issue of the north Korean Generals. They are speculating that the generals might be pushing towards a conflict in order to prove their loyalty to lil kimmy.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Well if the NK generals are afraid of Kimmy, they'll really be afraid of what's coming if this escalates to the next level. I don't think there are any levels left, they are on the very brink.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

It all depends on China, they might be getting pissed of with Kim, as he's bad for business. Chinas assets are Global, and no doubt well organised in South Korea . If he dares move on South Korea he will be destroying Chinas assets. The same goes for Japan, Suzuki for one is now in China, and the Shanghai Bank has loaned Chinese with permanent residence status in any of the western countries, up to a million dollars at about 1%.They usually buy rental property that yields far higher than that, or whatever makes a good buck. Any war with China is so out of the question, as any attack would be counter productive, it would loose more than they could gain.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
interesting, this may escalate to something conventional... I think we will know in the next week...

In any case next week however I look at it personally and worldly as being a bad week.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Les jeux sont faits

The die is cast..

(2nd LD) Park urges N. Korea to apologize for provocations

(ATTN: RECASTS throughout with comments by Park; CHANGES headline)

SEOUL, Aug. 24 (Yonhap) -- President Park Geun-hye called on North Korea Monday to apologize for recent provocations amid ongoing high-level talks between the two sides on defusing heightened tensions on the Korean Peninsula.

Updated with the South Korean President calling on N. Korea to apologize. This comes on day 3 of the talks.

ETA - S. Korean stock market is down 2% in early trading.

ETA2 -

(URGENT) Park vows to continue propaganda broadcasts unless N. Korea apologizes for land mines

edit on 23-8-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent76

It could also be the break we were looking for to take the heat out of the stock markets, nothing like a contained bit of conflict to help things along. All the blue chips would stop going down and start going up again.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
can anyone see that really happening?

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I'm interested in everyone's opinion, do you think a war will come from this?

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join