It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA astronaut Edgar Mitchell in MSM saying aliens came here to prevent nuclear war

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Navarro

Yeah I agree with aliens stopping our nuclear weapons from being deployed.....All but these ones...

en.wikipedia.org...

As of 1993, worldwide, 520 atmospheric nuclear explosions (including 8 underwater) have been conducted with a total yield of 545 Megaton (Mt): 217 Mt from fission and 328 Mt from fusion, while the estimated number of underground nuclear tests conducted in the period from 1957 to 1992 is 1,352 explosions

Where they sleeping during these?

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
You are right, we were perilously close many times. Plus there is far more extensive damage to the environment - though I don't think it's game over either.

Back to aliens and Mitchell, I think what he says is not literally true, but it is on some level. And it's OK for some people to believe that aliens physically exist on Earth. Just substitute the word "alien" with one's inner spiritual advisers and it works for some people.
Questions?

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I respect Edgar Mitchell for being one of the few who travelled to another world and came back to tell the tale. But why does he persist in telling these tales? It's not like he's the one & only one to have spread these stories around. Without any real proof or even being able to name sources his 'name' adds nothing to them being true.

He's like Paul Hellyer in a way. Two old men who have found a new audience to listen to them. Which is fine to get people interested and for entertainment purposes. It seems these guys really believe what they have been told. But we have to look beyond who these people are and question whether they are actually telling us anything of real value?

I find it difficult to believe that aliens would let the US Nuke Japan twice then intervene.

But perhaps, their motto is "...not bringing democracy and preventing a War on Terra?

edit on 14/8/15 by mirageman because: emphasis

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein
a reply to: Kandinsky

Yes I am aware of those "reports".....studies whatever you want to call them....Here I will sum it up for you in one sentence from the "report"

Our general conclusion is that nothing has come from the study of UFOs in the past 21 years that has added to scientific knowledge

I mean seriously....Not arguing but why have reports if NOTHING can honestly come from them? Just to please the public?

probably not to please the public as such more like 'teach' the public what top military brass hats already known about for long time, the older ones passing on the info to younger members

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: blacktie
a reply to: uncommitted

if we 'lost' touch with Voyager because of the extreme distance involved doesnt mean it wasn't picked-up by aliens before leaving our solar system, just an idea

I didn't realise we had lost touch, but distance and loss of power are probable causes, more of an idea.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Sorry. But, well... are there really people on ATS who think/have/hallucinated/dreamt they been on other worlds? I'm not dissing here, just interested to know; I can't personally see how/why but I am intrigued.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dr X
This story has been published in several British newspapers this week.
I'll post the link to the least right-wing paper

here

I know there have been a few threads on Edgar Mithcell before but it sounds credible to me and fits in with all the other witness testimonies about missile testing.

i don't think they would come here to stop a nuclear war. About turning off our nuclear weapons, it kinda makes sense... sorta off. There are tons of reports of ufos disabling missles and stuff for unkown reasons.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

Okay, show me one alien and I will show you God immediately following...

Here you go...

Can't wait to see God.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

a reply to: zatara

he is serving to common good of the people on this planet.

If you consider delusions being shared with people good....?

If he wanted to reach the "people" he would come with some sort of evidence instead of empty platitudes....My nickels worth anyways...

No, the context in which I wrote those words mean that in his mind it doesn't really matter what he is saying... anything that he says... as an cia agent.. is somehow good for the people on our planet. He is protecting and serving...

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Just curious why you felt it was necessary to provide a link "...to the least right-wing paper".

Does earthly political tendency have any bearing upon the story (which is essentially the same in all MSM outlets, regardless of political persuasion). In the US, both Fox News and MSNBC both reported almost identical renditions - it made no difference that the outlets are at polar opposites politically.

Not judging, just trying to understand the connection...

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

a reply to: Navarro

Yeah I agree with aliens stopping our nuclear weapons from being deployed.....All but these ones...

en.wikipedia.org...

As of 1993, worldwide, 520 atmospheric nuclear explosions (including 8 underwater) have been conducted with a total yield of 545 Megaton (Mt): 217 Mt from fission and 328 Mt from fusion, while the estimated number of underground nuclear tests conducted in the period from 1957 to 1992 is 1,352 explosions

Where they sleeping during these?

Indeed. Either these advanced beings are woefully incompetent, or they're simply not attempting to steer us away from our nuclear ambitions. It's my opinion that they're sooner intrigued by our nuclear assets, not opposed to them. If I had a multi-colony ant farm, I don't believe I'd intervene if one of the colonies developed nuclear weapons. So long as those ant nukes weren't a threat to me, I imagine I'd be fascinated and would also be taking a pretty close look at their achievement, just as ET seems to be investigating ours.

originally posted by: Outrageo

Just curious why you felt it was necessary to provide a link "...to the least right-wing paper".

Does earthly political tendency have any bearing upon the story (which is essentially the same in all MSM outlets, regardless of political persuasion). In the US, both Fox News and MSNBC both reported almost identical renditions - it made no difference that the outlets are at polar opposites politically.

Not judging, just trying to understand the connection...

I assume the OP is suggesting that right-wing publications are more "crazy" or otherwise less credible because that's his impression of right-leaning people in general. I'd guess the OP sooner supports Labour than the Torries. In other words: the OP's a Democrat and is ashamed to quote what he deems a Republican rag.
edit on 14-8-2015 by Navarro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
My position is that UFO-s are an important archetype in the collective consciousness of mankind.
Yet I do think so far the evidence for physical UFO-s is scanty or usually proves to be something else.
So why propagate a delusion as someone here said? Because it is useful from the point of view of influencing popular culture towards a more humane society. Sure, people who take this literally can appear psychotic at first glance. But as psychology has shown, there is many times "a method--- to the madness." Especially about collectively shared "fantasies". Think about it, going to the Moon was a fantasy until someone accomplished it. The Internet has been a fantasy of sci-fi writers before it has become reality (true, the origins of it started in hardcore science in the fall of 1969).
I happen to believe in some form of reincarnation - you don't have to - so I think some of us might have been on other worlds, plus some of the spirits of dead people around Earth who fulfill an important function in the astral world had done the same. Hence my transposed third type of viewpoint on UFO's. I think most of the folks who have seen UFO people physically have been in a shamanic trance state. But I am open if someone brings up a new type of proof. I'd think it's irrelevant at this point if ET's have been here if you think in my framework.
In my framework, these spirits - which do not by chance show up as ET's - have stopped an all-out nuclear war several times.

If I was a discarnate spirit trying to do that I would not meddle with the switch but with the people handling the switches.
Look at the story of this Soviet commander during the Cuban nuclear crisis (1962). Isolated from Moscow radio command, he could have argued from the depths of Cuban waters to shoot America with a nuclear bomb before surfacing. For some obscure reason he argued sharply for decline. He wasn't afraid for sure.

Arkhipov
edit on 8/14/2015 by Kokatsi because: correct spelling of roof to proof

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: Dr X

Although he's attracted some scorn for these ideas, they're just the outcome of his experiences and things people have told him. He's arrived at the idea through rational thinking even though most people would not share his conclusions through rational thinking.

Those 'peace-loving aliens' haven't done much to help the millions and millions who've died since the last atom bomb was dropped in anger. They might have shown some disapproval for the killing fields of Cambodia or the sickening deaths of those in Rwanda. And *if* these guys are only looking after America, they sure screwed up when the towers came down!

There's a big difference between preventing a global nuclear holocaust to preventing every single terrorist from doing lame stuff. Yes, the twin towers was a horrible experience but I highly doubt any advanced species would be capable of controlling every single plane all of the time, never mind knowing what every single pasenger on every plane is thinking. However, encoruaging certain governments to calm down on their nuclear weapon capabilities is a bit more plausible.

Problems like starvation in poorer contries are also a problem made by man and should be solved by man. Blaming things form other planets for problems we have created on our own is a bit dumb imo. Africa has a big AIDs problem but that is a natural disease and it should take its natural course. But again, humans who refuse to wear condoms and still choose to have sex only have themselves to blame, unfortunately.

I for one quite believe that an advanced race would know full well the dangers associated with nuclear weapons, and it's possible they have seen other civilizations similar to earth completely destroy themselves before they even found humanity.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Maybe these so called, friendly aliens, are actually pushing us to nuke ourselves so they can start again with a species that is less selfish & ignorant.
The world is falling apart, slowly. I don't think they would watch just one country either.

I do believe they are out there somewhere. As for being here all the time, I'm not really sure.
You can never believe an ex-military or astronaut because they've been told to say silly things now and then to keep interest up. They probably know just as much as us.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

'Friendly aliens' doesn't tend to be one of them.

Why? It makes less sense for aliens to be "hostile" towards humans.

Hypothetical interstellar or inter-dimensional aliens can't really be compared to 15th century primitive Spanish conquistadors, no matter how many people try to throw that old chestnut around.

Also, those isolated wars and incidents in various regions aren't a nuclear war.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: rhynouk

Maybe these so called, friendly aliens, are actually pushing us to nuke ourselves so they can start again with a species that is less selfish & ignorant.

No. No. No.
It's a poor invasion plan which would spread radioactive fallout across the planet. On the other hand, the bleeding hearts who want to clean up the environment are playing right into their hands. Get the world back on track so it will be a nice place to take over.

L. Ron knew all about it.
sites.psu.edu...

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Frocharocha

obviously we are being monitored by more 'technologically advanced' "Aliens"

I doubt any of them would 'introduce' nuclear weapons technology to us humans on this planet so they would monitor what we do with the technology, but could have happened at one time in the past, unless you're 'in the know' hard to say what really happened in the past

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   
They're playing with the species like puppets. They are making humanity as living hints. They are twisting our morality as a way of saying "change values" because this whole planet is part of mathematical patterns and converting numbers reveals more patterns.
They are cranking prices, made an African president,flooding America with immigrants from below etc as ways of saying "rise and ruin/run"

we are being used to live out mathematical stories. Our Caucasian countries are under attack in demented ways

Or maybe It's just my imagination

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I love Edgar M, he's a really nice bloke but sadly he's never himself had alien contact nor direct links to things, its all stuff he's been told, while him being a NASA astronaut give him immense credit he like anyone else is open to being told lies for whatever reason. Whilst he is honourable many of the people he cites indirectly have been proven to be less honest. There's also the problem that Edgar for the last few years seems to be having what seems to me the onset of dementia, his talk is sometimes confused, slow and he repeats things that have been debunked.

Sadly, what makes the Mirror article a waste of time is the fact they asked Nick Pope to comment on it. Nick has taken his very ordinary role as an administrator and turned it like he was a one man X-Files investigator, I've even seen him described as a defence analyst on some shoddy programme. Like it or not Nick sorted paperwork, that's it, his interest in UFO's was nigh on zero and its based on that he was the admin bloke that he's got the foothold on the UFO circuit, Nick simply says what he's told to camera and rakes in the cash. Its like saying that because I read my bank statement and file it away that it makes me a banker in high finance....Its simply not the case...

Have aliens affected our military systems to stop wars, I very much doubt it as if they were peace loving they would have stopped any wars and taught us to stop doing it, they also would have helped us stop killing this planet at the speed we are doing it. If you asked me if we are instead being watched then that is a different story, I'd say its very possible, not in the laboratory sense but more in the "what are those morons doing now" way, any true peace loving aliens would almost certainly have a no interference policy as the way to peace in a peaceful and harmonious society is to simply concentrate on that and not get involved with more primitive societies.
edit on 16-8-2015 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Dr X:

...aliens came here to prevent nuclear war?

This is something I seriously doubt. What role did they play in the Cuba Missile Crisis? Russia and America were practically eyeball to eyeball, one wrong move or misjudgement could have started a massive rapidly escalating tit-for-tat exchange leading up to the use of nuclear weapons. Many of Kennedy's advisors in the military wanted war with Russia at the time, even though they knew it would come at a great cost to America and the world. They were seeking a statistical result, believing America was better prepared to win the nuclear exchange, even though America would be back in the stone age. I can never reconcile such mindsets with my own.

If there are non-terrestrial beings here on earth or visiting the planet, they would certainly be more advanced than us, but why would they come to Earth? It can't be for the resources, as they will already have the technological knowledge to mine lifeless planets, and as for invasion reasons, they would have already have completed it. The other more practicable and logical reason for their presence is that of non-interventionary observance.

There are other aspects of our activities on this planet they could equally be as concerned with, other than our nuclear stockpiles. Our polluting activities and destruction of ecological environments that even we need for our own continuation is a concern. I should think, however, the greatest concern will be towards our psychology, our belief systems, and our mindsets. Most of us are not war-mongers, but everyone of us creates a carbon footprint (especially in the West and developed Eastern countries). It is our psychology, as sentient intelligent creatures, that is our greatest obstacle, and probably the pathway to our eventual demise.

A non-terrestrial observer would monitor the planet (not just mankind) on all levels. Earth is a rich and diverse ecosystem, and whether you agree with me or not, our species is polluting and destroying the habitat it needs to survive. Basically, we are doing globally what the Easter Islanders did to themselves, and we don't seem to have the leaders with the right psychology to stop ourselves from doing it...and even if we did, I doubt they would get the contributory agreements with others to put any effective plans into action. It looks like we are going to consume ourselves into extinction?

The fact is, any non-terrestrial being coming openly to this planet would not be met under favourable terms, such is the psychology of our paranoia.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join