It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA astronaut Edgar Mitchell in MSM saying aliens came here to prevent nuclear war

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Those 'peace-loving aliens' haven't done much to help the millions and millions who've died since the last atom bomb was dropped in anger. They might have shown some disapproval for the killing fields of Cambodia or the sickening deaths of those in Rwanda.

Maybe it's true about the "Prime "Directive" in Star Trek? No interferance in our issues, those positive and negative, negative being mankind's need to make war? No matter how much they may want to. Maybe they showed disapproval in a way unknown to as at this time?

I believe *they* have *interfered* positively by providing technology that gave us LHC, various war crafts, and the transistor tech.

Many believe Germany was benefactors of alien technology during WWII.

(please forgive my errors in this post as it is my very first.
)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

The thing is, at which point does someone conclude 'aliens' and then infer enough of their motivation to describe them as 'good aliens' or 'peaceful

First conclude aliens....Then you can speculate on the rest...You can use whatever "decent" photos you want, that isn't proof of anything confirmed other than showing a picture....Nevermind need not go further, you know what I am saying

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Guys and gals, I have a fresh perspective on Mitchell's claim.
It's complex and abstract but it has worked for me to explain both my own strange dreams and the lack of physical evidence (at the level of MSM).
UFOs on Earth and near it do exist aren't physical. They are part of a parallel universe called the astral by alternative author Kyle Griffith in his prominent book War in Heaven (1988).
They come in visions, dreams, and creative inspiration including Nikola Tesla and many modern popular art - a major avenue of influence. And thus they certainly prevented nuclear war. Though something like a World War 3 is looming over the horizon, at least it won't be an all-out nuclear thing we were fearing in my childhood.
These UFO's like to show up in the guise of advance technology alien civilizations - partly because we are to become one in the distant future, and partly because by reincarnation they do come from there too. I do think these do exist and many of us have had lives in far more advanced and interesting civilizations.
None of you should believe what I say, investigate and change your beliefs if you feel like to and when you have thought over it - but this is my position currently.

The web site did not require any liking or survey for me prior to reading the article - I also dislike such policies.

So if you imagine what I arrived at true for a moment, by simple logic you would have the following answers:
1. Yes, UFO's exist on Earth.
2. No, there isn't any physical evidence.
3. Yes, they have stopped an all-out nuclear war already by influencing minds and spirits and not by direct physical action..
4. Yes, we are them in the future or in other lives (so they aren't innately superior to us nor would they like to be treated as ones as that is against their core beliefs).

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

Good first post; spoken like a veteran ; )

That 'Prime Directive' thing has failed miserably when the internet has a gazzilion UFO and alien websites - pro and anti. Then all the Hollywood movies, the 'grey' memes and not forgetting the 30 years of international UFO studies by air forces, scientists navies etc.

Youtube videos, UFO books on Amazon etc.

There have been a couple of studies showing tens of thousands of news articles about sightings reports too. Massive cultural impact that disproves a 'prime directive.'

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Kokatsi

None of you should believe what I say

Don't worry, I don't.....So aliens are in your imagination?

1. Yes, UFO's exist on Earth.
2. No, there isn't any physical evidence.
3. Yes, they have stopped an all-out nuclear war already by influencing minds and spirits and not by direct physical action..
4. Yes, we are them in the future or in other lives (so they aren't innately superior to us nor would they like to be treated as ones as that is against their core beliefs).

1....No they don't....Maybe in your imagination as stated above
2. Bingo!
3. No they haven't...Remember they aren't real...
4. You speak to them? Wow, I would like to know how you came to this conclusion

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Then all the Hollywood movies, the 'grey' memes and not forgetting the 30 years of international UFO studies by air forces, scientists navies etc.

Must be true then.....30 whole years of study, published studies I suspect? Released to us to view....

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

That's all well and good, but what happened to our brains and creativity? Surely, humans can lay claim to inventing something? Is everything attributable to 'aliens?' How does that view differ to pre-Enlightenment Europe when every thought and deed was attributed to angels, God, demons and the devil?

It seems to me that this perspective surrenders any responsibility for anything and gives it all away to something behind the curtain.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I'm conflicted ....who to believe?

An astronount with bonafide credentials and at least some connection to people in the military that might know about UFOs....

Or our resident internet debunkers that have no credentials for much of anything other than an ATS membership.

Help me out here....

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I'm conflicted ....who to believe?

An astronount with bonafide credentials and at least some connection to people in the military that might know about UFOs....

Or our resident internet debunkers that have no credentials for much of anything other than an ATS membership.

Help me out here....

Either one has no proof so pick your poison....

Just remember your thoughts on other topics before choosing....

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod
a reply to: uncommitted

Nope.. not convinced of your conspiracy theory.

And which theory would that be? I don't recall suggesting one.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

Whatever UFOs were, or weren't, there's no denying that the 'UFO age' had a major impact on culture. Enough to have 'UFO officers' at every major USAFB throughout the late 1940s and 1950s. Not to forget culture-changing movies like Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

If the UFO flaps were actually caused by aliens, they sort of effed up on the Prime Directive ethos...

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Yes, they are in the imagination, and the after-life state and dream state and so on.
God is also in your imagination, and so is the Underworld of the Greeks and Shiva and Shakti and so on.
Swiss psychologist C.G. Jung analyzed why the Self archetype in modern man has given rise to UFOs.

You are right, my friend, in that you are trying to prove that they do not exist here on Earth physically. I also think that is true, but it is a mistake to treat the world of "imagination" as trivial. From religions to the non-sequitur discoveries of some very inspired science, from the worst visions of history to the best all that comes from what you call imagination.

And yes, it i possible to "talk to them" - think inner advisors or guides or angels or whatever. But you must be intelligent to talk back, as it were, and also present the development of the incredible adventure we call science.

Indeed, galaxies are so far away - as science has discovered - that at our present state of knowledge we can't physically cross them.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Whatever UFOs were, or weren't, there's no denying that the 'UFO age' had a major impact on culture. Enough to have 'UFO officers' at every major USAFB throughout the late 1940s and 1950s. Not to forget culture-changing movies like Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

If the UFO flaps were actually caused by aliens, they sort of effed up on the Prime Directive ethos...

You sure they were UFO's?? Probably had nothing to do with military craft never seen before by humans, right?

Then people spread rumors because they don't understand it and it is immediately deemed the UFO culture of the 40s/50s??

Yep, not forgetting those movies, we all know they are true.....

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

I have found the internet to be full of miss-info and untruths. If we use it as the truth test, we have failed before we've begun.

Aliens are our foe because of books, movies, and studies? I sure hope not. We have enough enemies these days.

I support the Prime Directive philosophy. It is unrealistic, but imagine how it would impact the world.

No veteran, just long time *lookie-loo", braving a post or two.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

You are right.
We invented most of the important stuff, we must develop on our own.
Those of us who have been on other worlds in another life usually bring neither specific technological knowledge with us nor alien languages.
Nikola Tesla was an exception, and time to time there are exceptions because if a race is close enough but would not make it certain inventions are important.
Others are just left with ideals, an unsatisfied need or yearning for a more humane or normal way of existence - goals to strive for on out own and not ready made stuff from another civilization.

You made an important point.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Indeed, galaxies are so far away - as science has discovered - that at our present state of knowledge we can't physically cross them.

You know we have been outside of our galaxy? Not personally but voyager 1....news.nationalgeographic.com...

We did physically cross our galaxy...Unless I am missing something?

But they are further out there....Right?

So you called these aliens in your imagination and your last post called them angels/advisors/guides now....?

I don't know if you are trying to prove aliens or not...Sorry

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Those of us who have been on other worlds in another life usually bring neither specific technological knowledge with us nor alien languages.

HUH????

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Been on other worlds?

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
For the most part...I believe Edgar Mitchell is spot-on with his assessment about ET trying to stop a nuclear war between the U.S. and Russia --- Though the otherworlders can only go so far to convince us with subtle warnings, and reveal the benefits of peace, through advanced alien technology; that can help guide us too future peaceful goals without annihilating each other.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

You're entirely missing the point I was making. It doesn't matter what UFO sightings* were triggered by. The influence, the cultural impact has been massive. Those US military and CIA-led studies weren't because they *knew* all the answers either. Doesn't that show an impact? The scores of movies ever since? All cultural impact at play.

Now if you just want to be arguing with all-comers, fair enough, but I'm not wasting time with that.

* UFO means unidentified flying object. When I write 'UFO' that's what I mean, not 'aliens,' not 'demons' just 'unidentified flying object.'

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join